Mallory tach adapter - Team Camaro Tech
Electrical & Wiring Troubleshooting electrical.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old Dec 12th, 06, 08:58 AM Thread Starter
Tech Team

Mallory tach adapter

I ordered a repo tach for a 69 the other day. The guy I talked to at Classic Industries said I needed a Mallory tach adapter (part # 29078) in order for the tach to work with the HEI. The car has a 300 hp crate engine with a stock GM HEI ignition.Anybody know anything about this adapter? Is this a tach filter? How is it installed?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old Dec 12th, 06, 01:11 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Kevin

Re: Mallory tach adapter

Try the links below for info..

Kev

http://performanceparts.com/part.php?partID=182430

http://go.mrgasket.com/pdf/29074.pdf
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old Dec 14th, 06, 12:40 AM
Senior Tech
Brad

I have a Mallory unilite set up and bought the 29074 filter. I also have an OER brand tach. Only thing is when I hooked the tach up with out the filter it works fine. Didnt return the filter just incase a issue arises. Not sure with the HEI though.

Most recent 01/01/10

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old Dec 14th, 06, 04:10 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Jim

Absolutely try it first. My OER tach worked with an Accel distributor, did not work with points or msd, so you just never know.

There are instructions on how to build a cheap radio shack tach filter in the electrical basics sticky.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

New website for my vert is coming together. Do ya like the slide show on the home page?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode