Does anyone hee know where I can find a sleeve for the ignition lock cylinder? - Team Camaro Tech
Electrical & Wiring Troubleshooting electrical.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old Jan 1st, 07, 07:13 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech

Does anyone hee know where I can find a sleeve for the ignition lock cylinder?

The sleeve for my ignition cylinder lock has been damaged so badly that it has to be replaced. I went on ebay and found several ignition cylinders with key, but no one had the sleeve that the cylinder fits into.

Anyone here know a good place to look for one?

When you buy an American car, you provide work for a man and his family for three months. -Jay Leno
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old Jan 1st, 07, 07:35 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Paul

Re: Does anyone hee know where I can find a sleeve for the ignition lock cylinder?

I'm guessing that you're driving a 67 or 68?? The "sleeve" that the cylinder fits into is the ignition switch. You can get them from any resto parts place. At Rick's 1st Gen, for instance, the 67 and 68 switches are P/N's S-7 and S-8 respectiveley. You can also still buy these from Standard Motor Products, a line sold by many 'jobber' type parts stores, and the 67 and 68 P/N's are US-43 and US-54 respectively.

If you have a 69, then you are looking for the steering column 'cuff' or 'shift bowl'. That's gonna be considerably more expensive and harder to find. These used to be available as a repair part straight from GM since they always got smashed during attempted thefts! (I used to be able to call my local dealer and ask for a "Roxbury tune-up kit" in the Boston area and he'd know just what to send me!)

Good Luck,

Paul D.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old Jan 1st, 07, 10:23 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech

Re: Does anyone hee know where I can find a sleeve for the ignition lock cylinder?

Mines is a 68. You wouldnt by chance have the phone numbers to any of these guys would
you? If so, if you could PM me with it, that would really help me out a lot.

Thanks

When you buy an American car, you provide work for a man and his family for three months. -Jay Leno

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old Jan 1st, 07, 10:41 AM
DjD
Retired
Dennis

Garage

Try www.google.com and search on "ricks 1st gen" the number is on their web page... I don't know for sure but I don't think Standard retails it's parts....

...Dennis

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Don't take life so serious, you won't get out alive..."
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old Jan 1st, 07, 01:19 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Paul

Standard Motor Products (SMP) definitely retails their stuff. If you've ever bought "good" tune up or electrical parts or a carb kit from someone other than GM, you've probably seen their stuff. You will be amazed by what's in their catalog!! Hit this link to find a parts retailer in your local area:

http://www.smpcorp.com/web_app/spc/spc.asp

Hit this link and enter US-54 as the part number for a picture of what you need:

http://www.smpcorp.com/web_app/catalog/smp_bgbulk.aspx

You will probably need to special order the part since it doesn't fit anything made since 1969!! I just ordered a couple of tail light sockets for a '68 RS conversion from my local jobber. The P/N was still good and they'll be here Tuesday!

Paul D.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old Jan 1st, 07, 08:57 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech

Thanks guys

post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old Jan 2nd, 07, 05:55 AM
DjD
Retired
Dennis

Garage

What I mean Paul D. is Standard doesn't sell it direct to the public. They don't have a Standard store you can go to. They wholesale it to parts stores and the customer gets it from the parts store who retails the part....

...Dennis

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Don't take life so serious, you won't get out alive..."
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old Jan 2nd, 07, 08:59 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Paul

Yup, your right Dennis, you have to find a retailer that carries the SMP line!!

Paul D.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old Jan 3rd, 07, 01:29 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech

This is a photo of the cylinder lock I need the sleeve for

post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old Jan 4th, 07, 08:40 AM

I've gotten them from Auto zone. Around 12 bucks. It takes a day or so. I've got another new on if you need it fast. FRANK
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old Jan 4th, 07, 04:19 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech

Thanks! Please e-mail me and let me know how much you want to sell the sleeve for

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode