67 Hide a way I think I can I think I can open, closes fine though - Team Camaro Tech
Electrical & Wiring Troubleshooting electrical.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old Jan 5th, 07, 06:21 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Robert

67 Hide a way I think I can I think I can open, closes fine though

hey guys I did my share of searching first but I cant seem to find a thread that is like mine unless Im dumb , but when I first got the car the first thing I said was " do the hide a ways work ? " and he said they sure do ... I was so glad ! I've had it parked for about 2 months before I started switching paper work and now that I want to drive it . I turn on the car and pull the headlight swith and they move about 1inch or less and when I go and give the drivers side a hand the passengers side opens just fine , but only when I help the drivers side . But when I turn the light off they close fine both of them . " I keep scratchin my head at this point " . I've Liquid wrenched it and everything , may something is stuck but I dont think it is . I was messing with them on the off position with car off and when I open the door on the drivers side .. I hear no noise or no gears moving but I can open it freely with not problem .. when I open the passengers side .. It opens freely but I can hear the gears winding / turning when I opend them and close them , I dont hear that noise on the drivers side . Any comments you can throw my way .. anything would help .

thanks for you time
Rob.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old Jan 5th, 07, 06:55 PM
Senior Tech
Mark

Re: 67 Hide a way I think I can I think I can open, closes fine though

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobSS1113 View Post
I turn on the car and pull the headlight swith and they move about 1inch or less and when I go and give the drivers side a hand the passengers side opens just fine , but only when I help the drivers side.
Rob.
Never heard of that before. Here are my 2 cents:
I think your wiring is OK.
Perhaps the liquid wrench got on the clutch disks as there should be some resistance when you move the doors by hand. You may want to clean the disks and/or tighten them. Here is a diagram of the disks http://www.retro-electro.net/diagram.html
Donít forget that the doors will open but NOT CLOSE with the ignition off.

Also, is there ever any motor sounds from the doors while the doors are not moving?
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old Jan 5th, 07, 07:03 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Robert

Hey Mark .. No noise from the door when they are not moving. And Yeah about the help I do for the drivers side when I help it open the passengers side will open. Weird .

thanks for the diagram

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old Jan 6th, 07, 07:32 AM
Senior Tech
Mark

Did they work fine when you bought the car 2-month ago, or is it possible there was a problem when you got the car?
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old Jan 6th, 07, 07:55 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Robert

No Mark they worked fine when I purchased the car .. I remember turn the car on and the first thing I did was pull the headlights .. I had'nt even driven the car yet .. I first checked the hide a ways .. and they worked Flawlessly . Both openend and closed exactly the same time. Im kinda stumped here .

Rob.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old Jan 7th, 07, 08:50 AM
Senior Tech
Mark

The whole “pushing the drivers side door to make the passenger side door open” is very weird. When both doors do not exhibit the same behavior the problem is usually the motor, limit switches, or incorrect wiring. I think the wiring is OK since nothing has been done to the wiring since the problem began. The doors close fine, which indicates the motors are also OK. That leaves the limit switches. My gut feeling is that your problem is one of the following: limit switches, under dash diode, relay #2, relay #3, or circuit breaker. I would replace the limit switches, relays, and circuit breaker since that easy. I’m very interested in finding out whats going on here. Please let us know. Also, feel free to call me at 973 728 7232 and I can give you some additional diagnostic help.
Mark
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old Jan 7th, 07, 01:20 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Robert

hey Mark .. I just might call you later today if thats ok . Im gonna mess with it again in a little bit.

Rob.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old Jan 7th, 07, 03:44 PM
Senior Tech
Mark

I will be out tonight, but call me tomorrow, anytime before 9 PM EST.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old Jan 11th, 07, 05:52 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Robert

I Called Marktat .. he deals with RS headlight kits and told me to check the grounds on the relays .. clean the contacts and such. I removed the realys and cleaned them out .. I used that cleaner for electrical wires from the part store ...... After I did all that .. Bingo was his name ! Thanks Mark for all your help. !!!!!

Rob .
Tx.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old Jan 11th, 07, 06:19 PM
Team Member
Christropher

Mark rocks for sure with the headlight systems on these cars. Remember his company if you ever need to replace or upgrade the stock system.

Christropher

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
...in pieces still.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

MrDanB - "Don't worry about Mr.Wilcox...He has that incurable disease of thinking that they only made the Camaro in '67
"
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old Jan 12th, 07, 07:56 PM
Senior Tech
Mark

Hurray, another set of hideaway headlights comes back to life!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode