Need help with tach in 67 RS please! - Team Camaro Tech
Electrical & Wiring Troubleshooting electrical.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old Jan 29th, 07, 03:33 PM Thread Starter

Need help with tach in 67 RS please!

I need someome to help me with wiring the factory tach. Which post on the back of the tach does the signal from the coil go to? Does bat. voltage go on the opposite post? Thanks!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old Jan 30th, 07, 08:28 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Jim

Re: Need help with tach in 67 RS please!

At least on my 68 oer tach, if you look behind the mounting panel, you can tell by the color of the wires coming off the back of the studs. Red is power.

Also, on the 67's, I'm pretty sure tach and non tach cars used the same pcb, which would mean that the "power" would be the same stud as the fuel guage used, and the "tach" lead would be the fuel guages sender wire.

I'll check thru my archive tomorrow and see, I think I may have a picture but I'm not sure it will help.

(if nothing else, when the 67 guys see I don't have an answer, they'll be all over this! ROTFLMAO!!!)

Where the heck is Garfield IL anyway?

Welcome to Team Camaro!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
New website for my vert is coming together. Do ya like the slide show on the home page?
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old Feb 4th, 07, 01:07 PM Thread Starter

Re: Need help with tach in 67 RS please!

Well, here is what I have so far, I can see on the circuit board within the tach that one stud had "B" , one has "S", and the other has "G". I would assume this is Battery, Signal, and Ground. When I hook it up like that, the engine will not run, if I remove the tach signal wire it fires up until I hook the signal wire back up then it dies. I might also add, this is an H.E.I. distributor. I made the tach filter and the car no longer dies when the signal wire is hooked up but the tach still does not work. This is a brand new OE tach, my second one at that cause I thought maybe the first one was bad. Please help!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode