Maximun Subscriptions - Team Camaro Tech
Camaros.net Site Help Discussion Website questions, comments, suggestions and tech help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old Oct 4th, 07, 01:09 PM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Kalif Johnson

Send a message via AIM to dreamweaver
Maximun Subscriptions

Just wondering if there is a maximum number of threads I am allowed to subscribe to? I'm up to about 370 and don't want to have it start kicking out old ones.

"The masses have never thirsted after truth. They turn aside from evidence that is not to their taste, preferring to deify error, if error seduce them. Whoever can supply them with illusions is easily their master; whoever attempts to destroy their illusions is always their victim." - Gustave Le Bon
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old Oct 4th, 07, 01:49 PM
DjD
Retired
Dennis

Garage
Re: Maximun Subscriptions

I just checked mine and it says 3610 threads... I don't know of any settings that make my account different with respect to suscribed threads. Maybe Al will be able to add more to this...

...Dennis

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Don't take life so serious, you won't get out alive..."
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old Oct 4th, 07, 01:54 PM
Al
Administrator
Al McKenzie

In your profile you can choose to "automatically subscribe" to threads and this is what your setting must be Dennis. The default is "no subscription".

The main thing is not to set it for "instant email notification" or your provider will probably flag it as spam and block our server from sending them.

Ideally, subscribing to the topics that are the most important is how it is designed to work. Then you can find your "popular" topics easy.

hope that helps.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old Oct 4th, 07, 02:13 PM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Kalif Johnson

Thar ya go Dennis... always with the one-up-manship

I thought I was bad at 370... geez.... let's do the math:
  • 3600 Threads subscribed to
  • If you had been here for 9 years, that would be around 200 posts per year that have been subscribed to
  • Seeing as the average (I hacked into the system and did some statistics) person only subscribes to 1 out of every 27 threads viewed, if you were average (which we all know you are way above "average") you would have viewed around 97,000 htreads to have subscribed to that many.
  • Giving you the benefit of the doubt, as you are Admin, Let's cut that by 2/3 --- that means you have viewed somewhere around 32,000 threads.
  • Since the average thread has 11.5 posts, you have viewed over 368,000 posts.
  • The average post length is 123.7 characters and, at an above average reading speed (which I assume you to have... fast talker = fast reader), it would take you 1.5 (rounded off) minutes to read each post --- that equals over 550,000 minutes, or 9150 hours, or 381 days, total.
  • If you average 8 hours of sleep per night, and spent the rest of your waking hours on TC, you have invested just under 2 years of your life.
Bottom Line: Good thing it's just a hobby

Editor's Note: The math is correct, everything else is just plain made up.

"The masses have never thirsted after truth. They turn aside from evidence that is not to their taste, preferring to deify error, if error seduce them. Whoever can supply them with illusions is easily their master; whoever attempts to destroy their illusions is always their victim." - Gustave Le Bon
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old Oct 4th, 07, 02:24 PM
DjD
Retired
Dennis

Garage

img rolling up pants and putting on rubber boots /img

lol...

...Dennis

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Don't take life so serious, you won't get out alive..."
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old Oct 4th, 07, 02:31 PM
Senior Tech
Tom

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamweaver View Post
Just wondering if there is a maximum number of threads I am allowed to subscribe to? I'm up to about 370 and don't want to have it start kicking out old ones.
I'm on another forum that uses the same software as here, and I've got over 5000 subscriptions there so you've got a long way to go.

1967 Camaro - LM7, T56, TVS
1996 Impala SS - DD
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old Oct 4th, 07, 02:41 PM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Kalif Johnson

I may be wrong but I think this internet thing might catch on.......

OK - Who's gonna one-up Acidburn? Do I hear 6,000?

post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old Oct 4th, 07, 03:55 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Jim

I think I hit the limit once. It was before I was a mod, and I'd accidentally had my settings set to "all" since 1999. It took a LONG time to delete them.

Note that I don't recall the number.

New website for my vert is coming together. Do ya like the slide show on the home page?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode