Team Camaro calender? - Team Camaro Tech
Camaros.net Site Help Discussion Website questions, comments, suggestions and tech help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 41 (permalink) Old Dec 11th, 07, 08:19 AM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Mark

Team Camaro calender?

Is there one? God knows there is no shortage of hot 1 gens here.

maybe even free to team members

i looked through the store but didn't find one.

Don't stop now!!!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

67 camaro driver
383 10:1
Horsepower:
515 @ 5,500 rpm
Torque:
499 lb-ft @ 4,800 rpm

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 41 (permalink) Old Dec 11th, 07, 08:37 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Harley

Send a message via Yahoo to wiskeesour
Re: Team Camaro calender?

VERY good idea!! I would live to see a few Camaros in a calendar!

AE2(AW) Harley Moody, USNavy
"Master-at-Arms" for the CDWJB!!
November 26th, 2008 was my last day to serve my country as a member of the World's Greatest Navy.
Thanks Chief.
post #3 of 41 (permalink) Old Dec 11th, 07, 08:44 AM
Senior Tech
Tim

Agreed, An AWESOME idea.

Alot of work to put one together though.

post #4 of 41 (permalink) Old Dec 11th, 07, 01:51 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Charlie

Garage

I have seen Camaro only calandars in the malls, but it would be really something to create one of our own! How about if we take the first picture each of us has here on tc and then incorporate them into a calandar with any profits going to the site? We would need someone with experience to volunteer and possibly get $2.50 an hour for their time from the sales. You could count me in for buying one. Charlie 69 RS
post #5 of 41 (permalink) Old Dec 11th, 07, 02:40 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Harley

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaromaniac View Post
I have seen Camaro only calandars in the malls, but it would be really something to create one of our own! How about if we take the first picture each of us has here on tc and then incorporate them into a calandar with any profits going to the site? We would need someone with experience to volunteer and possibly get $2.50 an hour for their time from the sales. You could count me in for buying one. Charlie 69 RS
Im in!!

November 26th, 2008 was my last day to serve my country as a member of the World's Greatest Navy.
Thanks Chief.
post #6 of 41 (permalink) Old Dec 11th, 07, 05:08 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Fred

NastyZ28.com has one, for second gen's...... I just got one last week.
I would love to see a first gen calendar.

1969 Camaro SS, 350(NOM), M21, 12 Bolt Posi, 01B LOS Build
1977 Camaro, 350(LM1), M20, 10 Bolt Posi, Purchased New, (SOLD)
post #7 of 41 (permalink) Old Dec 11th, 07, 08:24 PM
Senior Tech
Harley D

We talked about this a few yrs ago with Al and a few others after the Camaro collage was posted, but I never heard anything after that.

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."-Dr. Seuss
We learn life's important lessons in kindergarten.

Harley D
'67 coupe 427SBC
60'1.728
1/[email protected]

post #8 of 41 (permalink) Old Dec 12th, 07, 03:43 AM
Super Moderator
Bess-68's rule

Garage

A 2008 calender is alittle late now. But for 2009, members could vote for the best 13, then send to a designer for set-up followed by printing up calenders. Most orders go in by July/August time frame. It's the End-of-Year rush thing.........

How many does one buy from the publisher? 500, 1000, 2000, 10K?

Give a man a rescued dog for the health of both their souls. May 2017 ROTM Winner - Thank you!
'
CUBS - 2016 World Series Champions - maybe this year, 2019 ...
post #9 of 41 (permalink) Old Dec 12th, 07, 11:04 AM
Senior Tech
Tim

I have an extensive collection of Team Camaro cars that I received from contacts through the thread in my signature. There are still ALOT of cars on TC that haven't been linked to that thread in one way or another. I wish I could get them all....

I can say it would be really hard to pick only 12 or 13 based on the cars alone...IMO... Now if the selections were based on how well the cars were placed for the photo (photogenic in other words), you could narrow it down a bit (example too close, too far, too crooked, back ground not pleasing to the eyes, etc..)

I have seen guys put calendars together with multiple "photos" on each month, but it certainly doesn't stand out like a single photo would. It is much better with an individual photo per page IMO.

post #10 of 41 (permalink) Old Dec 12th, 07, 11:15 AM
Senior Tech
Tim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everett#2390 View Post
How many does one buy from the publisher? 500, 1000, 2000, 10K?
I had a photo in a "personalized" calendar with some others once. I believe there were about 100 calendars in all with the program the "Admistrator" set up. I also believe it ended up being about $25 or $30 or so per calendar. Turn around was about 2 months (Again if I recall correctly). The price per piece was based on quantity and had the number of units sold doubled, the price would have been a few bucks less per piece, so it wasn't a big difference in price once the work was done.
Keeping in mind, these were not "for sale" for a profit. The adminstrator of the calendar program put alot of "free" time and alot of effort into it. I am not sure exactly what kind of time and effort, but I would imagine it was alot.

post #11 of 41 (permalink) Old Dec 12th, 07, 11:55 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Charlie

Garage

Another alternative is to create an electronic photo calandar showing off the tc member cars along with maybe the name/city of the owner. Just take the total mumber of photos submitted and divide it by 12 or 13, and each month we get a new electronic colleague of Camaro pictures to look at along with a calandar! I know it can be done, we just need someone with the skills to do it! Charlie 69 RS
post #12 of 41 (permalink) Old Dec 12th, 07, 12:19 PM
Team Member
Christropher

Here's where it was discussed last year
https://www.camaros.net/forums/showthread.php?t=75446

I'm sure Al's considered it. But it's a major project for anyone to take on, and unfortunately, TC isn't anyone's full time job to devote to things like this.

Christropher

...in pieces still.

MrDanB - "Don't worry about Mr.Wilcox...He has that incurable disease of thinking that they only made the Camaro in '67
"
post #13 of 41 (permalink) Old Dec 12th, 07, 02:25 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Harley

A 69, a 68, a 67 calendar or an RS, SS, RS/SS calendar for each year(e.g all 13 montsh are 67 RS cars, all 13 months are 68Z's, etc, etc.. ?? There would be a few different calendars and personnel could pick from. ??

Thanks Chief.
post #14 of 41 (permalink) Old Dec 6th, 09, 05:56 PM
Team Member
Jerry R.

Did this go any farther , maybe in another thread ?

my Magnaflow X-pipe system sound clip, click the link

post #15 of 41 (permalink) Old Dec 7th, 09, 10:04 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Matt

My wife makes one every year with all the kids (our, her brother’s and her sister’s), total of 6 kids. She uses pics taken through out the year of all the kids. She uses Walmart website to do it all, including final printing/binding of the calendars. The cheapest/smallest one is about $15 each. Not that hard to do but it does take a little time and effort. The family really appreciates them for sure. I started to make one this year of my Camaro but still need some photos and editing to get it done.

Matt

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode