Two Trends in Selling - Team Camaro Tech
Camaros.net Site Help Discussion Website questions, comments, suggestions and tech help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old Feb 19th, 08, 09:48 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Patrick

Two Trends in Selling

Little bit of a rant but comment if you please:

I have noticed a couple of trends that are some what annoying when looking for a car....

The first is stealing a phrase to make your car sound like more than it is...Most popular "Survivor" and "Barn Find". The over use of these has truely dilluted what the origional term means. 9/10 cars advertised as survivor are followed up in the description with statements like: Origional color was Butternut Yellow, now Lemans Blue. How could a car be a survivor of it was repainted or has an interior replacement?????
As far as "Barn Find" goes.....sure it's everyone's dream but if you bought the car 10 years ago and started butchering it...it may have been a barn find then but it's not a find any more after all the butchering you have done on it.

The second trend that I have noticed is what I call ransome auctions. In these auctions the seller lists the car as a big block car.....and states the engine comes with the car if I get over $$$$$. or even "Big Block car with origional 396. The auction is for the rolling car only. I will give the buyer the first opportunity to buy the engine for an astronomical price usually much higher than the going rate for the engine" These are pretty ridiculous, if you need a certain price for ayour car/project then Ebay is probally not the right place to sell. set a price and ride it out. I B**h here is it is a waste of time to see a fair price on an auction and then as you get to the end of the details and start thinking your max bid you see the auction does not include the engine that was listed in the title.

Cheers.

P. Boggs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old Feb 19th, 08, 12:39 PM
Senior Tech
J.A.

Re: Two Trends in Selling

You forgot the word "Rare".
Rare engine, rare this, rare that.

Drain every nickel you have one way or another.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old Feb 19th, 08, 01:15 PM
Team Member
Craig

I hate when someone posts an ad for an item for sale and then says, (for the price),..."best offer". In otherwords: I don't know what a fair price is, so i'll see and then decide if I want to sell....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1969 Indy Pace Clone

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old Feb 19th, 08, 01:56 PM
DjD
Retired
Dennis

Garage

Do you think all the advertising you read, listen to and watch everyday is any different? Can a pill or blue cream really make and extremity grow larger? If so does it ever target a different apendage and the guy is left with one longer arm than the other?

This forum is for site specific questions, are we having a truth in advertising problem in our classifieds?

...Dennis

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Don't take life so serious, you won't get out alive..."
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old Feb 19th, 08, 01:58 PM
DjD
Retired
Dennis

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccmblack View Post
I hate when someone posts an ad for an item for sale and then says, (for the price),..."best offer". In otherwords: I don't know what a fair price is, so i'll see and then decide if I want to sell....
Take a look at our "What's it Worth" forum, it seems folks just don't have a clue about values

...Dennis

"Don't take life so serious, you won't get out alive..."
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old Feb 19th, 08, 03:04 PM
____

Garage
Send a message via MSN to DOUG G

I really like the adds that have not Yenko/COPO/Motion/ ect in the heading just to get you to look at their add

68 Camaro~LSx ~all motor
1.54 60'--6.95 @ 98.45 660'--10.96 @ 121.53
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old Feb 22nd, 08, 05:58 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Scott

I hear all of you loud and clear and totally agree. I wish everyone would just state the facts about what they have, decide what they would sell it for and if it is something that someone desires to have then let the process go forward. It is very frustrating to wade through the boiler plate just to find some plain Jane type part that they want to give the perception is a one of. If the part is desireable it will sell.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode