Why is there a Forum for....... - Team Camaro Tech
Camaros.net Site Help Discussion Website questions, comments, suggestions and tech help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old Mar 6th, 08, 04:54 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
David

Why is there a Forum for.......

"Is there a site like this for Chevelle,Nova,Impala" when there are links to those vehicles listed on main page of this site.It seems somewhat redundant to be like that,especially since there have been no posts in this Forum in over 30 days. I think that forum space should be used for something of more interest like a Pro Street Forum.You have a Pro Touring Forum so why not Pro Street?

"All I need is a fast machine". Steve McQueen
My Machine: 1969 Pro Street Camaro
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

468 CID 661 Horsepower
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Turbo 400
33"x19.50" Mickey Thompsons

Last edited by 1969ProStreetCamaro; Mar 6th, 08 at 05:18 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old Mar 6th, 08, 05:23 PM
DjD
Retired
Dennis

Garage
Re: Why is there a Forum for.......

To the point but not intended to offend! Why does the site have those links? Those sites you are questioning are part of this sites family (all owned by the guy that owns this one). Some people don't visit all the areas of this site so the links show up in more than one place to give them exposure. If we only had one page with only links it would be too big to be useful.

Why no pro-street? Well it was stated in the big thread you are participating in by the owner that he is taking it under consideration. I can not speak for Al but from where I sit there are only 6 or 7 guys showing interest and only half of them are really keeping the one thread alive. As you look at the forums available here we have many that Pro Street questions can be asked in but there are very few questions being asked. From an admin standpoint that brings up, is it really needed? Right now there are pro-touring questions in almost every forum and some day the moderators may start moving the threads over to the PT forum. The first step thought was creating a PT forum to put them in.

There's actually a lot of thought and effort that goes into this site and if Al decides the site needs a PS forum he'll add one. If on the other hand he decides it's not necessary and doesn't, don't take it as he snuffed you or the PS segment of the hobby. He's got the whole site at heart and that's including the other bowtie sites you feel we don't need links to.

...Dennis

"Don't take life so serious, you won't get out alive..."
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old Mar 6th, 08, 06:34 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
David

Quote:
Originally Posted by DjD View Post
To the point but not intended to offend! Why does the site have those links? Those sites you are questioning are part of this sites family (all owned by the guy that owns this one). Some people don't visit all the areas of this site so the links show up in more than one place to give them exposure. If we only had one page with only links it would be too big to be useful.

Why no pro-street? Well it was stated in the big thread you are participating in by the owner that he is taking it under consideration. I can not speak for Al but from where I sit there are only 6 or 7 guys showing interest and only half of them are really keeping the one thread alive. As you look at the forums available here we have many that Pro Street questions can be asked in but there are very few questions being asked. From an admin standpoint that brings up, is it really needed? Right now there are pro-touring questions in almost every forum and some day the moderators may start moving the threads over to the PT forum. The first step thought was creating a PT forum to put them in.

There's actually a lot of thought and effort that goes into this site and if Al decides the site needs a PS forum he'll add one. If on the other hand he decides it's not necessary and doesn't, don't take it as he snuffed you or the PS segment of the hobby. He's got the whole site at heart and that's including the other bowtie sites you feel we don't need links to.
Dennis,
I believe you misunderstood me.I asked the question why it seemed the links were in 2 places on this site,I didn't say they should'nt be here.I meant no offense to anyone and understand the situation. I just thought I would pose the question because if you don't ask, you'll never know,right!!

468 CID 661 Horsepower
Turbo 400

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old Mar 6th, 08, 06:59 PM
DjD
Retired
Dennis

Garage

David - I was just explaining why they are in more than one place, no offense taken even though you did suggest replacing the other forums ... Keep in mind except for the Chevelle site the others are new and just getting started.

As for it not hurting to ask, it doesn't at all but when it was brought up a week or so ago and a couple guys hammered it home rather hard in a thread titled "TC we have PT wheres the Pro Street?" and you have 46 posts in that thread it did sort of seem like you were maybe trying to push things just a bit... Again no offense taken and none intended for you, like I said earlier jmo and I don't speak for Al...

...Dennis

post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old Mar 6th, 08, 08:21 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
David

Quote:
David - I was just explaining why they are in more than one place, no offense taken even though you did suggest replacing the other forums ... Keep in mind except for the Chevelle site the others are new and just getting started.

As for it not hurting to ask, it doesn't at all but when it was brought up a week or so ago and a couple guys hammered it home rather hard in a thread titled "TC we have PT wheres the Pro Street?" and you have 46 posts in that thread it did sort of seem like you were maybe trying to push things just a bit... Again no offense taken and none intended for you, like I said earlier jmo and I don't speak for Al...
I guess I wasn't very clear about the use of the word forum or forums.This is what my question was about
Is there a site like this for? (1 Viewing)
: Chevelles, Novas, Impalas, Buicks, Yenkos

I never intended the original post to suggest the other "Team" sites should be replaced with a Pro Street Forum ,only the above mentioned section.Sorry if I caused any confusion.

468 CID 661 Horsepower
Turbo 400

post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old Mar 7th, 08, 04:49 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Dave C

Send a message via AIM to Pro-Street69Camaro468 Send a message via Yahoo to Pro-Street69Camaro468

Man I'm so glad I didn't start this one But I think there is more than four Pro-Street guys in here and if we had a PS forum you may hear more about PS.I guess we will have to keep posting in the PT where we are not wanted and I guess every time someone has a PS question or wants to show there stuff they can post in PT or performance or the trusty old Bench Racing this seems like a small request maybe not.How hard is it to enter a new forum I'm not sure because I'm still having trouble posting pictures.

Not to offend but I think PT is like owning a rice burner wheres the true muscle in that I want something that rides rough rattles and doesn't corner for sh#* but looks cool and go's fast in a straight line.

If we had a PS forum then PT wouldn't have to even here from me and the wouldn't get offended. Is it possible to get thrown out of TC I hope not because I really enjoy this place and it would be nice to see a PS forum.BUT remember David started this not me and hes a senior tech, not me..... I guess I'm just a jealous person cant be a senior tech an cant have a PS forum whats left in life.

I have no place else left to go....

PRO.ST69orange

post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old Mar 7th, 08, 05:14 AM
Senior Tech
Doug

Send a message via Yahoo to thedugan

oh boy

[QUOTE=david calligan;954385]Not to offend but I think PT is like owning a rice burner wheres the true muscle in that I want something that rides rough rattles and doesn't corner for sh#* but looks cool and go's fast in a straight line.[QUOTE]

-----------------------------

Dave -- Senior Tech is a title you get when you have over 100 posts. This does not apply if you are a paying member. Which as you know you are, and you posted on this early on.

--------------------------------

Your car is beautiful and your craftsmanship is unreal. Just put some 20's on it, a sway bar, airbags call it a G-machine and join the club.........

-Doug
68 RS/SS Conv
67 Coupe
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old Mar 7th, 08, 06:04 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Jim

I really don't think we need a PS forum, but I didn't think we needed a PT forum either.
Why?
Simply because tech questions about our cars have little or nothing to do with the "style" in which they are built. We all ready have forums for tech questions about all the mechanical aspects of car building, body shop, suspension, performance, etc...

If you have a question about narrowing an axle, it belongs in "driveline" one on tubbing and caging, it goes in "Body shop", etc...

IMHO, extra "style" forums just tend to confuse things.

**** note this is simply my opinion, voiced without consulting with the other mods or site admin, and it's certainly not my decision to make.

New website for my vert is coming together. Do ya like the slide show on the home page?
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old Mar 7th, 08, 07:52 AM
DjD
Retired
Dennis

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by david calligan View Post
I think there is more than four Pro-Street guys in here and if we had a PS forum you may hear more about PS.
If you got that number from my post above I was refering to 1 thread not the whole site.

Quote:
I guess we will have to keep posting in the PT where we are not wanted and I guess every time someone has a PS question or wants to show there stuff they can post in PT or performance or the trusty old Bench Racing this seems like a small request maybe not.How hard is it to enter a new forum I'm not sure because I'm still having trouble posting pictures.
As Jim points out, post in the proper forum for the question. I haven't read any hate towards PS from the PT or anothers here.

Quote:
If we had a PS forum then PT wouldn't have to even here from me and the wouldn't get offended. Is it possible to get thrown out of TC I hope not because I really enjoy this place and it would be nice to see a PS forum.BUT remember David started this not me and hes a senior tech, not me..... I guess I'm just a jealous person cant be a senior tech an cant have a PS forum whats left in life.

I have no place else left to go....
I doubt anyone's been offended. Yes it's possible to be tossed off the site but that is not something we like doing and Al the moderators and myself will usually take a lot of abuse from someone before it would happen.

...Dennis

post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old Mar 7th, 08, 08:02 AM
DjD
Retired
Dennis

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1969ProStreetCamaro View Post
I guess I wasn't very clear about the use of the word forum or forums.This is what my question was about
Is there a site like this for? (1 Viewing)
: Chevelles, Novas, Impalas, Buicks, Yenkos

I never intended the original post to suggest the other "Team" sites should be replaced with a Pro Street Forum ,only the above mentioned section.Sorry if I caused any confusion.
No problem, I get ya... Al just used the forum software creatively to provide links to his other sites. The links are listed as a forum and shows 0 posts because there is no place to post, just links to the other sites. If Al decides to add a forum I don't think he would need to remove anything to be able to do it...

...Dennis

post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old Mar 7th, 08, 10:12 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
David

Quote:
No problem, I get ya... Al just used the forum software creatively to provide links to his other sites. The links are listed as a forum and shows 0 posts because there is no place to post, just links to the other sites. If Al decides to add a forum I don't think he would need to remove anything to be able to do it...
That's cool Dennis. I just didn't want to look as if I was complaining about Team Camaro or how forums are determined. If it is decided that a Pro Street forum is not warranted that's ok with me, I'll be content to post in the "TC We have Pro Touring where's PS" thread of the Pro Touring forum.

468 CID 661 Horsepower
Turbo 400

post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old Mar 7th, 08, 10:59 AM
Al
Administrator
Al McKenzie

I answered in the other thread that it was a possibility to have (or try) a Pro street forum.

There are a number of changes that I'd like to make and was looking to do it all at once - eg: there have been several email requests for a transport forum (hauling cars and parts) and some re-arranging. Just haven't got to it yet is all. No big conspiracy, we like to provide whatever is needed to make the site a good resource.

In regards to the links, those are not forums, just links to our other sites. In order to survive we need a strong base and by having a small group of sites together it really does that. I'm probably going to see about moving those "links" to the bottom of the page (in the footer) instead of in the forum categories. They are listed in several sections as some people never visit anything but the forums and others only go to the classifieds.
Always open to suggestions.

For a starter, the pt forum will be a sub-forum under the pro-touring category and it's not a slight at the pt guys, but it seems the logical place to begin.

Al
just fyi, it really works best to email requests as they get added to the list that way.

Last edited by Al; Mar 7th, 08 at 11:59 AM. Reason: ps not pt
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old Mar 7th, 08, 11:17 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
John

Thumbs up Re: Why is there a Forum for.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al View Post
... In regards to the links, those are not forums, just links to our other sites. In order to survive we need a strong base and by having a small group of sites together it really does that. I'm probably going to see about moving those "links" to the bottom of the page (in the footer) instead of in the forum categories. They are listed in several sections as some people never visit anything but the forums and others only go to the classifieds.
Always open to suggestions.

Al
just fyi, it really works best to email requests as they get added to the list that way.
I have always liked the links being there and fiqured it was a well-thought-out-plan to help folks that happen upon this site due to a 'Googled' search result and then go to the forums headings looking for more answers/input - that is why their there isn't it Al

I've seen alot of sites with way to many off-shoot forums and groups and it always seemed they eventually migrate into a dedicated sites to a given cause after time.
I've been a fan of many of the other auto related sites, but I don't spend nearly as much time there as I do here because there is often a 'shot-gun' (that's two references to shooting now isn't it ...) approch to some of the subjects and it's hard to ask and get answers to a specific question at times.

I have seen lots of changes to Team CAMARO over the years and thay have all been efficently planned and executed to allow us to easily access information and forums interesting to our particular wants and needs.
I want to thank Al and the other mods for keeping the site on the focus

Just JMHO's

John

1968 Convertible
Some trucks

Other V8 things - some of which float

Other V6 things - none of which float

Oh yeah, and 1 "Straight-Six" ...

If a man says something in the garage - and his wife can't hear him - is he still wrong !!!
post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old Mar 7th, 08, 11:39 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Dave C

Send a message via AIM to Pro-Street69Camaro468 Send a message via Yahoo to Pro-Street69Camaro468

I answered in the other thread that it was a possibility to have (or try) a PT forum.

Al, did you say PT or PS I'm not complaining either just gettin some blood pressures raised but all in fun.Everybody has there likes and dislikes I just like messin with the PT guys I think there a little sensitive.I just think it would be cool to have a place to go straight to about the fat tire cars.I do think PT is needed to have a direct link to go to.When I visit TC I go directly to new posts or todays posts,if there was a PS forum this would be the first place I would go and out from there

PRO.ST69orange

post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old Mar 7th, 08, 11:57 AM
Al
Administrator
Al McKenzie

PS is what I meant, sorry.
Forum is up and running:
https://www.camaros.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=71
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode