Beware of Z11weaver selling NOS weatherstrips - Team Camaro Tech
Camaros.net Site Help Discussion Website questions, comments, suggestions and tech help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old Apr 24th, 08, 04:35 PM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member

Beware of Z11weaver selling NOS weatherstrips

I just received three of the so-called NOS trunk weatherstrips that Z11Weaver had posted for $179. These are actually the same as the $129 GM trunk weatherstrips available through Ricks that come out of Canada. I guess Mr. Weaver needs a lesson on what actually NOS means. That would be New OLD Stock. Operative word here is OLD, of course. Even 10 years old isn't NEW OLD STOCK if it is still available! My loss should be your gain. Just warning everyone!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old Apr 24th, 08, 04:39 PM
DjD
Retired
Dennis

Garage
Re: Beware of Z11weaver selling NOS weatherstrips

Dave - have you contacted him and talked this out?

...Dennis

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Don't take life so serious, you won't get out alive..."
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old Apr 24th, 08, 09:13 PM
Senior Tech
67 Camaros Rock

YOu just need to look on e-bay and see all the people that need instruction on what NOS parts are. If possible get a picture of packaging. The OLD stuff you look for from GM for our Camaros is all packaged in green/white colored boxes, while the new stuff is in blue/white. I see people selling NOS door handles all the time in the blue/white boxes and they are not truly NOS parts from back in the day. I think any trim items and weather stip stuff is sealed in that double stick more paper like material for NOS parts and not a plastic bagged like I have seen e-bayers offer as NOS weatherstrip.

"If you can leave black marks on a straight from the time you exit a corner till the time you brake for the next turn.......
Then, you have enough horsepower."
-Mark Donahue
My 67 Camaro Time Line
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old May 14th, 08, 06:22 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Harvard

Exactly. NOS to some vendors on E-Pay means GM. That's why I look for part #s.

1968 Z28 British Green, all original except CE 302 engine. Have original owners booklet and protect-o-plate.
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old May 15th, 08, 01:33 PM
Tech Team
Dave

I just went thru somthing like that on ebay from a user named rossfatboy. He listed a almost NOS 67- 68 coresupport that he took off a car from out west that they replaced with a fiberglass front clip. I paid him $250 buy it now. I knew I was in troble when I saw he listed another one a few days later using the same ad.I emailed him and asked why he relisted it after I paid for it . He told me that this was not the same one that I had bought. A few days went buy and I got my almost NOS coresupport. The only problem is it was A brand new repo peice of junk. I emailed him and asked what kind of crap was he trying to pull. He says NOS just means new and it dosent matter who made it. I tried to explain to him that I could buy this thing anywhere for 80.00 and he tells me to bad you got what I was selling no returns. I contacted ebay and they did nothing. So if any of you guys see a almost NOS coresupport listed on ebay don't buy it.
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old May 15th, 08, 03:01 PM
Senior Tech
Timothy

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue69-z28 View Post
I just went thru somthing like that on ebay from a user named rossfatboy. He listed a almost NOS 67- 68 coresupport that he took off a car from out west that they replaced with a fiberglass front clip. I paid him $250 buy it now. I knew I was in troble when I saw he listed another one a few days later using the same ad.I emailed him and asked why he relisted it after I paid for it . He told me that this was not the same one that I had bought. A few days went buy and I got my almost NOS coresupport. The only problem is it was A brand new repo peice of junk. I emailed him and asked what kind of crap was he trying to pull. He says NOS just means new and it dosent matter who made it. I tried to explain to him that I could buy this thing anywhere for 80.00 and he tells me to bad you got what I was selling no returns. I contacted ebay and they did nothing. So if any of you guys see a almost NOS coresupport listed on ebay don't buy it.
You need to file a complaint(dispute) that the item was not as described. They almost always side with the buyer and you can get your money back. Ive had to do it several times.

My 69 RS/SS 396 Project -

"I may be dumb but I aint stupid"
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old May 17th, 08, 04:37 AM
Senior Tech
John

Quote:
the same thing happened to me with this joker.I bought his NOS carpet sills. Right after I paid I saw another set listed with the same ad also. When I got them they were repops and he would do nothing. he has some game going.
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old May 17th, 08, 04:51 AM
Tech Team
Dave

I filed a claim with ebay and they did nothing. He makes you send a postal money order and then sends you repo junk. That way they can't take it out of his paypal account.
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old May 17th, 08, 08:33 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Harvard

Should get a lot of people to Report his listings for this stuff. That may open a few eyes.

1968 Z28 British Green, all original except CE 302 engine. Have original owners booklet and protect-o-plate.
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old May 17th, 08, 01:04 PM
Senior Tech
67 Camaros Rock

Don't know if you done it but never leave feedback until your satisfide with shipping, parts and what you have. The feed back system sucks but it's all we have when it comes to e-pay so it needs to be used to your advantage. I hope these jerks got negative feedback witha quick explanation of why. I put my e-mail in neg feedback so people can ask and I will send them copies of e-mails back and fourth. I don't know if you can still do this but that time I did this the jerk closed his account. I am sure he opened new one though.

Joe

"If you can leave black marks on a straight from the time you exit a corner till the time you brake for the next turn.......
-Mark Donahue
My 67 Camaro Time Line
post #11 of 22 (permalink) Old May 17th, 08, 01:44 PM
Senior Tech

Thumbs down Re: Beware of Z11weaver selling NOS weatherstrips

Quote:
Originally Posted by Microgiant View Post
You need to file a complaint(dispute) that the item was not as described. They almost always side with the buyer and you can get your money back. Ive had to do it several times.
Paypal could give a rats a$$ about condition. I tried to file a dispute over something I bought last week that was TOTALLY mispresented, total piece of crap, pictures were fuzzy, I asked for more and were sent the same blurry ones. I was PROMISED the item was excellent condition, when in fact, it was in POOR condition, totally unusable. So I went to Paypal, filed the dispute, and within 5 minutes after I started the dispute, it was decided in the SELLERS favor, simply because I admited that I received the item! They do not care about condition! Paypal sucks, literally.
post #12 of 22 (permalink) Old May 17th, 08, 05:12 PM
Senior Tech
67 Camaros Rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by kz1000ltd View Post
Paypal could give a rats a$$ about condition. I tried to file a dispute over something I bought last week that was TOTALLY mispresented, total piece of crap, pictures were fuzzy, I asked for more and were sent the same blurry ones. I was PROMISED the item was excellent condition, when in fact, it was in POOR condition, totally unusable. So I went to Paypal, filed the dispute, and within 5 minutes after I started the dispute, it was decided in the SELLERS favor, simply because I admited that I received the item! They do not care about condition! Paypal sucks, literally.
Damn just more lessons learned. Seems you can't trust anyone these days. I have asked for new pictures before and got bad ones. Asked for good ones again the excuse was they could not use the new digital camera they just bought. I thought BS since they could list with all that fancy web page stuff and have sold many products and already had bad feedback but not much.

-Mark Donahue
My 67 Camaro Time Line
post #13 of 22 (permalink) Old May 20th, 08, 08:48 AM
Greg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Microgiant View Post
You can put a stop payment on a money order. If they deposit it into their bank account the money can be taken back.
post #14 of 22 (permalink) Old May 21st, 08, 01:55 PM
Senior Tech
Bobby

Quote:
looks like he has another one for sale. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/67-68...QQcmdZViewItem im surprised anyone would buy from this seller, just take a look at his feedback.

69 Camaro Z/28 Rally Sport 10A of 68. 50 S with 723 int. .040 over 302 with m22 autogear wide ratio. BU 12 bolt posi.
post #15 of 22 (permalink) Old May 22nd, 08, 04:28 AM
Tech Team
Dave

Somthing needs to be done with this guy.look at the NOS bumper he is selling you can see that he cut the sticker off a box and but it on the bumper.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode