scam alert - Team Camaro Tech
Camaros.net Site Help Discussion Website questions, comments, suggestions and tech help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old May 12th, 08, 12:37 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech

scam alert

1968 camaro convert in the classified section, ... wasnt sure how to make people aware... here's his reply to me....

..Hi,
I want you to read everything in order to understand what I propose.
As I already told you I will to come personal to sell you the car. I have a trailer.
Few days ago a buyer told me that he'll buy the car, so we must meet in a city. I came to that city (no matter what city) because I trusted his word, but when I arrived I called him and no answer, so I lost money and precious time on his promise. I don't want this to happen again, I just want to see that you are a serious buyer. You will pay cash in hand. I will come only for a serious deal. If you don't want to buy it after you will inspect it, no problem, but I need to be sure that you will be there. That buyer called me a few days later and told me that he does not have the entire amount.
To be sure that you are real and serious, here is what I propose:
1. Choose a person you trust. He/she must wire you the amount for the car so that i can verify you have the cash. The service name that we'll use is MoneyGram transfers. You must find the nearest MoneyGram agency and you will go there with your a person you trust (your wife, best friend, no matter who). The person you choose will send you (using your name and address) the amount for the car so that i can verify that you have the cash and you are a serious buyer. I will take no risk anymore.
2. Ask your wife or friend to send $4000 to your name and address. Is enough for me too see that I have a interested buyer because I can verify the money on MoneyGram.com . (I will pay the MoneyGram fees when we will meet)
3. Only you can pick up the money, so this is no risk on your side.
4. Once the money is sent, please email me or fax me MoneyGram papers.(so I can call MoneyGram or check on their web page to verify and see that you have the money to your name)
5. We will meet and we will finish the deal. I will help you to make all papers.
If you don't want to buy the car I will pay for your transport. I assure you that you will love this car and you will buy it. It is in good condition.
I repeat: You must understand that you will not send the money to me. You will be the receiver of the money and only you can pick the money from MoneyGram.
Sorry for the lenght but i must be clear.
Regards

69RS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old May 12th, 08, 12:48 PM
DjD
Retired
Dennis

Garage
Re: scam alert

Skip I put this is site descussion, Al will see it here so please link us to the ad that generated this letter so we can get rid of it...

...Dennis

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Don't take life so serious, you won't get out alive..."
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old May 12th, 08, 12:51 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode