Mobile Version of this site for Iphones and Mobile Devices - Team Camaro Tech
Camaros.net Site Help Discussion Website questions, comments, suggestions and tech help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old Feb 25th, 09, 06:39 PM Thread Starter

Mobile Version of this site for Iphones and Mobile Devices

I would luv to keep track of this site on my iphone. Is there any thought of developing this site in a mobile version that would be more friendly to these mobile devices... It would be great!!

68camrs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old Feb 25th, 09, 07:00 PM
Al
Administrator
Al McKenzie

Re: Mobile Version of this site for Iphones and Mobile Devices

I don't know much about the mobile tech but we do have camaros.mobi which might be a solution for this in the future.

for now, try this link:
https://www.camaros.net/forums/archive/index.php?pda=1

supposedly set for pda - I don't own one so not sure how it's working.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old Feb 26th, 09, 04:46 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Doug

I've accessed the Team Camaro web site from my Blackberry and it displayed fine relative to the device being used --- with a screen that small its a little hard to navigate, but it works!

==Doug
Former
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
owner
Former
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
owner
Former 2nd
owner (
)

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old Feb 26th, 09, 09:07 AM
Team Member
Christropher

Al, the link you gave works great on my AT&T Tilt for viewing threads and thread lists, just doesn't give any means to log in and reply to messages. Gotta go to "vew full version" and scroll around up and down and left to right to find the buttons to do what you want, but then you can't get back to the pda version.

That said, the full page version isn't horrible on a PDA, just not easy to navigate.

Christropher

...in pieces still.

MrDanB - "Don't worry about Mr.Wilcox...He has that incurable disease of thinking that they only made the Camaro in '67
"
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old Feb 26th, 09, 05:40 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Dave C

Send a message via AIM to Pro-Street69Camaro468 Send a message via Yahoo to Pro-Street69Camaro468

My wife gives me h$ll for being on TC on the computer I would hate to here her with me on the phone to.

PRO.ST69orange

post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old Feb 26th, 09, 06:17 PM Thread Starter

Yes, the link gives a better and more readable version by category. Mobi made type sites strips away some of the details of the main site and just gives the info similar to the main site. (the ebay app on iphone is a great example if you have one) Reviewing every post rather than clicking on each category would be nice, similar to the main site. Mobi type sites also presents the info in mobile device friendly format. I hope you will keep in mind for future site adjustments. Still luv this site and it has been mucho help to me over the past several years. Would not give it up !! Thanks again.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old Oct 19th, 09, 07:55 AM
Senior Tech
Elias

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al View Post
I don't know much about the mobile tech but we do have camaros.mobi which might be a solution for this in the future.

for now, try this link:
https://www.camaros.net/forums/archive/index.php?pda=1

supposedly set for pda - I don't own one so not sure how it's working.
On my iPod, when I enter camaros.mobi it just puts me back on the full site :s
And yes, the link you posted is user friendly but I think I'll stick to the full site, for now

E-
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode