* Site Announcement * - Team Camaro Tech
Camaros.net Site Help Discussion Website questions, comments, suggestions and tech help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 49 (permalink) Old Jul 29th, 09, 01:21 PM Thread Starter
Al
Administrator
Al McKenzie

* Site Announcement *

We are changing gears....
After so many years of being behind the wheel of our website I'm going to be riding shotgun. I never imagined the original site of "Hot Cars & Cold Beer" (in 1995) would grow to become Team Chevelle and then Team Camaro with so many friends to share it with.
We now have a new server with enough resources for everyone to enjoy and have an established company to thank for helping us move and get setup, AutoForums.

We have reached a point that I can no longer keep up to the daily duties of server maintenance, hack attempts, disputes in the classifieds and the threat of legal backlash from some of those more "spirited" discussions about suppliers and cars for sale. For many years my wife Dot and I have spent all our spare time working online, and that, combined with my more than full time job of brewing beer was slowly taking it's toll. I was recently advised by a physician that "something has to change". AutoForums expressed to me that they have always admired our community and have promised to run it in the same manner as we always have.

I'm still staying as an administrator but now get to participate again instead of having to stay behind the scenes mired in emails and trying to figure out why the *$# the server is not working right.

We would like to thank all of you who support the site and helped it grow into such a first class community. A special thanks to those who have been here since the start and everyone who stepped up to become a TC Member. We are also fortunate to have the best, most unselfish moderators who always have the interests of everyone in mind and they will be continuing in their present roles. I could certainly go on about who all to thank but this is not a goodbye, just a notice that the site has reached another milestone.
Everything will remain in place for years of sharing and caring with each other.

Al & Dot McKenzie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 49 (permalink) Old Jul 29th, 09, 01:24 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
BILL

Re: * Site Announcement *

We sure do appreciate all the time and effort that you guys have put in this great site!!P.S....LOVE IT WHEN BIG AL CAN COME OUT AND PLAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
post #3 of 49 (permalink) Old Jul 29th, 09, 01:51 PM
Senior Tech
Joe

Thanks for all the you have done Al & Dot ... I still consider myself a newbe around here but I must say that I am impressed by the caliber of this site and its participants. I am pleased for both of you that someone has decided to take over some of the administrative responsibilities so that you can participate more in our online discussions..

Cheers,

Joe

Z282NV

1969 Camaro

post #4 of 49 (permalink) Old Jul 29th, 09, 01:53 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
John

Thumbs up Re: * Site Announcement *

First off Al and Dot - thanks for the years and years of hard work, all-hours effort and dedication it took to get these sites off and running so well
Next, I can't think of a better reason to 'pass the baton' here than to make more time for BEER
(j/k - but it seemed appropriate )

Looking forward to the continued developement of the site, interacting with the Mods on occation (usually for a good reason ) and the continued camaraderie felt among the sites members.

Hope we'll see you back to say "Hi" often

John

1968 Convertible
Some trucks
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Other V8 things - some of which float
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Other V6 things - none of which float

Oh yeah, and 1 "Straight-Six" ...

If a man says something in the garage - and his wife can't hear him - is he still wrong !!!
post #5 of 49 (permalink) Old Jul 29th, 09, 02:08 PM
Senior Tech
Steps

As a admin of forums web sites for over 10 yrs, I would be very proud to have created a community of such caibre...calbre...lack of kiddie talk, maturity, and courtesy.
This only comes about from quality leadership from the top.
Then there is the backend, behind the scienes stuff that you describe rather modestly, generally 365 days a yr.
And the security..hacking etc....in the last couple yrs I found this to be very time consuming....so took the hard nose attitude and simply blocked countries and isps that these 100s of attempts every day come from...Turkey, Brazil, Nigeria, Russia and a hand full of other middle east, Sth American, and Eastern eurpean counties.

I have also considered handing over my domains, havnt simply because afraid as to what direction it may take....and Im sure that you must have procrastinated over this for a very long time to.

Top Administration and community M8.

My Spelling is not incorrect...it is creative

post #6 of 49 (permalink) Old Jul 29th, 09, 02:19 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Jeff

Garage

Thanks Al & Dot, This site has always been top notch in my book.
Mmmmmmmm BEER!!!

Jeff

- 400 Dart Little"M", SRP 10.2:1, 4340 Scat rotating Assy, Solid Roller, AFR 210 Eliminators, Jesel shaft rockers,Super vic, Prosystems 847CFM, Tko600, 12 bolt 4:10 Eaton posi W/ Strange Hy-Tuf race axles and eliminators.
Best E.T. (11.96 @ 118.06) N/A

Classic Copper 4 Spd

post #7 of 49 (permalink) Old Jul 29th, 09, 02:24 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Matt

As I already said many times, "This site is priceless" - thanks for everything.

Matt

post #8 of 49 (permalink) Old Jul 29th, 09, 02:31 PM
____

Garage
Send a message via MSN to DOUG G

Al,Dot,and the "Mods" Thanks for this great site (and the "sister sites"). I've been here since March 99 ? and have seen this place grow... been a paying member for a few years too.
I hope you guys/gals keep a tight leash on the new guys and this place stays the same but keeps growing.

There is a great bunch of guys/gals here that make this place what it is and I'm sure we check "other sites" and compare them to Team Camaro.... they don't come close
I like meeting some of the people and putting faces to names (even screen names) at Carlisle too.

So ..... Al,Dot,and "the Mods" keep up the great work

68 Camaro~LSx ~all motor
1.54 60'--6.95 @ 98.45 660'--10.96 @ 121.53
post #9 of 49 (permalink) Old Jul 29th, 09, 02:44 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Tory

Hi Al and Dot,
I purchased my first 64 Chevelle on Team Chevelle way back in 1999. From that moment, I was hooked. I never thought I would meet so many great people on this site. You both built this site to contain a wealth of information with many first class people in the mix. I can't thank you enough for creating the best Camaro (and Chevelle---I am a member of both) Website on the net.
Stay well, kick back, relax and have a beer. Quality Control is very important. Enjoy the website you created. AutoForums has big shoes to fill. If they mess up, I will let you know (LOL).

Thank You Again. You are a Class Act, Second To None.

Best Regards,
Tory

Tory
1968 Camaro Coupe
1964 Malibu SS Unrestored 36,000 Mile Survivor
1964 Malibu SS Hardtop
1966 Chevelle SS 396
1968 Malibu L-79, 1 of 4082 ~ SOLD
1955 Chevrolet Bel Air Unrestored 15,000 Mile Survivor
1955 Chevrolet Nomad
1984 Hurst Olds with Factory Sunroof, 1 of 99 ~ SOLD
1992 Camaro 396 LS, 4L60, 9" Posi w /3.50:1 Gear Set
post #10 of 49 (permalink) Old Jul 29th, 09, 03:13 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
"Tri-Tip"

Al & Dot, thanks for what you have created for all of us to enjoy. You can be proud to have probably the best classic car site on the net. The way you described your responsibility here in the first post would intimidate the best of people to tackle the management of this site. Good luck in your future endeavors. I look forward to hearing from you in the forums.

Signed,

"Proud TC Member"

"Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master." ..... George Washington

Gary,TC Member with a Lemans Blue/Ivory 02D X33, DZ, M20, MS, flat hood. Only the BU code rear end is original.
post #11 of 49 (permalink) Old Jul 29th, 09, 03:54 PM
Senior Tech
Dennis

Al &Dot,
even though over the year i havent posted much i have aways come here. I just want to say from the bottom of my heart, Thanks for all you hard work on the site and you are the reason I have my katherine in my garage. I found her on her june of 2004 and cant imagine my life without either one of you!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks,
Dennis
post #12 of 49 (permalink) Old Jul 29th, 09, 04:16 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Matt

Garage

Al and Dot

Thank you for all you effort and sleepless nights I am sure that has made this site what it is today.

I have only a few correspondence with you over the years changing names additional space for pictures and the like...... I never ever had a problem maybe a flame or two that I thought was out of line but that is the way these things go. I hope our new company can continue your efforts for a trouble free site for our first gens.......

Matt Hosford.........

8 Ball Racing
Member #120
1969 X77 9 E 69 302 M21 Wallace Chevrolet

1969 RSSS rag top 7 E 69 350 turbo 350

1969 Triple Blue 10 D 68

1968 Chevelle 03 A 68
post #13 of 49 (permalink) Old Jul 29th, 09, 05:25 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Jim

Jeez guys, wipe em off!!!
This is starting to read like an OBIT!

They tell me nothing will change. I believe them. It's all cool.

Al and Dot, thanks for the "Character" of Team Camaro, and I'm glad you've been able to arrange to enjoy it more, like we all always have.

New website for my vert is coming together. Do ya like the slide show on the home page?
post #14 of 49 (permalink) Old Jul 29th, 09, 05:38 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Andrew

Dear Al & Dot-

Thank you for Team Camaro. Without T/C this would not have happened.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Z28 Photos 057_1s.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	122.3 KB
ID:	11334  

Skunk Works
302DZ, M22W Muncie, GV overdrive,12-Bolt Rear 3.73
Some photos:

Member # 159
post #15 of 49 (permalink) Old Jul 29th, 09, 06:22 PM

Al, I totally understand where you're coming from. Most people have no idea the time, effort, and stress involved with all the behind the scenes stuff. It can be so overwhelming.

I admire what you've built here and I've used your sites as a guide when getting into grey areas with my own deal. Just ask Jody.

I hope you can enjoy the site as an enthusiast again and I'm glad you're staying on in a leadership position.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode