Membership Program Update - Team Camaro Tech
Camaros.net Site Help Discussion Website questions, comments, suggestions and tech help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 42 (permalink) Old Aug 4th, 09, 08:17 AM Thread Starter
Administrator
Don

Membership Program Update

Good morning All:

One of the most important aspects of the Team sites is the membership program that is available. We have looked very closely at this and want to combine the Team program with our own, in the process bringing you the best of both.

We have just posted some information on the result and would appreciate your feedback. It is our intent that nothing significant that you had before goes missing and that some or many aspects are, in fact, improved.

Ultimately, there are always going to be some slight differences that do not translate well from one program to another. We will do our best to address these but we hope that, overall, the balance is one that works well for you.

To summarize the update, the single year, renewable membership that was in place for $19.95/year remains. Where multi-year memberships were available, these are replaced by a Lifetime membership, for a single payment of $59.95. That's it. A single payment and no more...ever.

The program comparison is posted here: https://www.camaros.net/forums/register.php

Best regards...Don
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 42 (permalink) Old Aug 4th, 09, 09:30 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Rich

Re: Membership Program Update

If one is currently enrolled in the two year membership program and has not yet entered the second year of that program, will you apply the pre-paid second year's dues as credit towards converting to the new lifetime membership?
post #3 of 42 (permalink) Old Aug 4th, 09, 09:33 AM
Kevin

Thanks Don, I was looking at this this morning, but I was confused by the two rows about (membership card, decal) and (decal and magnet) rows. Can you detail what swag included in the gold lifetime a little better? thanks!

Kevin

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 42 (permalink) Old Aug 4th, 09, 10:53 AM
Team Member
John

What about those of us that paid for the Gold membership? Will we get some kind of a discount to upgrade to lifetime?

68 coupe
matching 327
95 coupe (bone stock)
post #5 of 42 (permalink) Old Aug 4th, 09, 11:33 AM Thread Starter
Administrator
Don

If you currently have a 1-year membership and want to upgrade to Lifetime, the cost is $30. If you have a multi-year membership, the cost is $20. It doesn't matter how much time you have left, or if your membership expired within the past 15 days.

Sorry if it expired 16 days ago. This is not set to penalize or reward any one person, but rather due to the fixed costs involved with processing the order, decals, magnets, etc.

Best regards...Don
post #6 of 42 (permalink) Old Aug 4th, 09, 11:34 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
BILL

Good program! I like it!! Sounds like a better deal!!
post #7 of 42 (permalink) Old Aug 4th, 09, 11:41 AM Thread Starter
Administrator
Don

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinW View Post
Thanks Don, I was looking at this this morning, but I was confused by the two rows about (membership card, decal) and (decal and magnet) rows. Can you detail what swag included in the gold lifetime a little better? thanks!
LOL. OK, you caught me mumbling a little bit here...

We're still working on artwork and such, but the biggest change will be for the magnet which will now say "Lifetime Member". However, the membership card and decal will also indicate Lifetime status. Lifetime gets all three items.

Don
post #8 of 42 (permalink) Old Aug 4th, 09, 12:46 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Matt

Garage

Don looks like a homerun from here........Lifetime Membership for me.......too.....

Keep up the good work

8ball

8 Ball Racing
Member #120
1969 X77 9 E 69 302 M21 Wallace Chevrolet

1969 RSSS rag top 7 E 69 350 turbo 350

1969 Triple Blue 10 D 68

1968 Chevelle 03 A 68
post #9 of 42 (permalink) Old Aug 4th, 09, 12:57 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Robert

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDon View Post
If you currently have a 1-year membership and want to upgrade to Lifetime, the cost is $30.
That didn't seem to work, still said $59.95

Robert

355ci 10:1, 64cc Edelbrocks, Comp Mag 280H, Performer RPM, 700r4 (2000 stall), 3.55 posi A/C PS PDB Hotchkis

369ci 10.3:1, 64cc Edelbrocks, Voodoo 276/284, Performer RPM, Holley 650DP ...T56 Magnum, 3.73 Moser 12 bolt
TC member #18
post #10 of 42 (permalink) Old Aug 4th, 09, 02:42 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Tory

Hi Don,
Awesome idea.

Tory
1968 Camaro Coupe
1964 Malibu SS Unrestored 36,000 Mile Survivor
1964 Malibu SS Hardtop
1966 Chevelle SS 396
1968 Malibu L-79, 1 of 4082 ~ SOLD
1955 Chevrolet Bel Air Unrestored 15,000 Mile Survivor
1955 Chevrolet Nomad
1984 Hurst Olds with Factory Sunroof, 1 of 99 ~ SOLD
1992 Camaro 396 LS, 4L60, 9" Posi w /3.50:1 Gear Set
post #11 of 42 (permalink) Old Aug 4th, 09, 02:52 PM
Lifetime Gold Member
Drew

Good Timing Don, I just signed up for the lifetime membership!

If my membership out lives me can I will it to my daughter, she's already going to get my car.

post #12 of 42 (permalink) Old Aug 4th, 09, 03:01 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
John

Question Re: Membership Program Update

Quote:
... If you have a multi-year membership, the cost is $20. It doesn't matter how much time you have left, or if your membership expired within the past 15 days.

Best regards...Don
Okay, so just how do we go about re-registering for 'Lifetime' and get the $20 rate? When I click on the 'register' link it only gives one payment option I see.
I just re-upped a few months ago for the 2-year thingy ...
(btw - my banner at the top said 'your membership good to May 2010, shouldn't that be 2011 ?
Got an email from Al, but I did not recieve my new member card or the other swag yet - fiqure it's in the mail ...)

1968 Convertible
Some trucks

Other V8 things - some of which float

Other V6 things - none of which float

Oh yeah, and 1 "Straight-Six" ...

If a man says something in the garage - and his wife can't hear him - is he still wrong !!!
post #13 of 42 (permalink) Old Aug 4th, 09, 08:53 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Rich

do you want the $20 now or later when the dust settles?
and as posted by others, how do we get it to you?
post #14 of 42 (permalink) Old Aug 4th, 09, 09:40 PM
Senior Tech
Dave

Send a message via AIM to RamAirDave

Ive been a "member" for a few years now, mainly to help out Al and Dot. Have never really used the features that come with it, such as the showroom space, ability to add attachments, etc.

Curious as to what exactly these entail:

"Access to Private Forums, Directories, Archives and Resources"

"Forum Storage Space"

I am glad to see (as of yet) no mention of avatars and sig pics

Driving a #s-matching Z in the rain..... and lovin' it....
post #15 of 42 (permalink) Old Aug 4th, 09, 09:55 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Matt

Quote:
If you currently have a 1-year membership and want to upgrade to Lifetime, the cost is $30. If you have a multi-year membership, the cost is $20. It doesn't matter how much time you have left, or if your membership expired within the past 15 days.

Sorry if it expired 16 days ago. This is not set to penalize or reward any one person, but rather due to the fixed costs involved with processing the order, decals, magnets, etc.

Best regards...Don
How do we do this? (convert 1-year to lifetime) Can you please provide link or info? Thanks!

Matt

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode