How to Post Pictures ( Using PhotoBucket ) - Team Camaro Tech
Camaros.net Site Help Discussion Website questions, comments, suggestions and tech help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old Sep 6th, 09, 07:04 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Tristan

Send a message via AIM to Mav68erick
How to Post Pictures ( Using PhotoBucket )

Posting, Linking photos on forums uses codes that look similar to the [U] [B] [I] codes for Underline Bold and Italasized , you can type them manualy before and after and get the same effects as clicking the buttons, the after codes are always followed with a back slash before the letter / . The image codes uses img as the code [img] and [/img] bringing up the rear basically this tells the forum to just link the image rather then makeing it a web link like http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r...hePasted_9.jpg where you have to manually click the link and takes you to the site or opens up another internet page.

This is using the " Free " image hosting website known as Photobucket. which can be found www.photobucket.com

Numbers next to Text are corresponding with the numbers above the photos for easy reference.

1. When you go to the Site it will look like this, ( Your going to have to sign up and what not ) but after that and you have an account if you come back to the Main, Home Page you can log in here....

Once logged in since your a new member you wont have any albums or anything, but you can upload all your photos to this page. If you have different categories of photos you can click the " EDIT " button next to Albums on the Left hand side of the screen and create other albums to seperate photos in.

So once logged in you will be at your main control panel screen

2. As you can see on my screen I have a few pictures in the basic non album they give you, and you can also see i have a list of sub albums on the left hand screen which you can open up individually.

3. Ok now for this example, ive already went ahead and edited in a new Album called Photobucket for my How To pictures. And when uploading to Photobucket it is alot easier to open the wanted album or folder you want the photos in and upload them where you want them, or else they will upload them to your main page and then you have to move them individually. So Ive selected the Photobucket Album

4. Now that we have opened the album its completely empty and looks like this, when I upload I tend to upload more then one picture at a time and use the bulk uploader as seen in the Picture.

5. Now we are at the upload screen, you can follow the directions in the Photo, its pretty self explanatory

6. After you've clicked the Upload button it will automatically switch to another screen where you can edit Tags, Descriptions, and I think you can rename the pictures as well, and looks like this

6. I Usually leave everything blank and click return to Album

7. After returing to Album youill be at that album main page ( so this is the album named PhotoBucket ) and looks like this. On this page, when you hover your mouse over an image it will show you the weblinks and Image codes used on forums and other internet stuff. " If you wanna use this part to link the image when you Highlight the Image code line like in the photo your gonna have to copy the line, Control + C is copy or else you can right click copy. Other wise keep reading for an added step but thats easier.

8. Ok instead of using the Image code on that page, we simply just going to seperately select the photo we want to Link so all you have to do is select the photo you want to link and it will take you to a new page, and also blow up or zoom that photo, and that page looks like this

8. Now when you click the Image code line, it Automatically Highlights and copies it for you as shown above!

9. Now that you have the Image link Copied you just simply go to where you want to post your picture on the forums ( some forums and what not dont have image linking activated, but i think images are enabled on all the forums here ) so we go make a new Post and it that post you just need to paste your copied link with Control + V or Right Click mouse + paste

Now if all went well and you preview or post you should be able to see your picture!

Other Helpful Facts or Recaps

Control + C = Copy
Control + V = Paste

Linking pictures on the web, any picture on the web can be linked, until the image is either deleted or moved and doesnt not connect with the link youve provided.

Linking pictures from the web Coming Soon...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
68 Camaro

I Hate Spotwelds

Last edited by Mav68erick; Sep 6th, 09 at 07:15 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old Sep 8th, 09, 08:17 AM
Team Member
Christropher

Re: How to Post Pictures ( Using PhotoBucket )

Good Post Tristan! Fits well with the one in my signature. I didn't go into that much detail though

Christropher

...in pieces still.

MrDanB - "Don't worry about Mr.Wilcox...He has that incurable disease of thinking that they only made the Camaro in '67
"
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old Sep 8th, 09, 05:44 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Tristan

Send a message via AIM to Mav68erick

thx, i knew someone had it in there sig, but there was atleast 10 people in a 2 day spam that had asked how to post pics, someone tried to link it off there C Drive, Along time ago before I knew how to post pictures in thinking 8 yrs ago? I tried that but Linked it off a floppy, and appearently the forums i did it on were crap and it kept crashing the site when someone joined that thread and it tried reading from there own a:/ drives

68 Camaro

I Hate Spotwelds

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old Sep 9th, 09, 08:05 AM
Team Member
Christropher

Yeah, the link in my sig is my own personal website I hope it's helped enough people to have been worth creating just like I'm sure this post will

Christropher

...in pieces still.

MrDanB - "Don't worry about Mr.Wilcox...He has that incurable disease of thinking that they only made the Camaro in '67
"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode