Recruiting new members - Question to Admin/Site Owners - Team Camaro Tech
Camaros.net Site Help Discussion Website questions, comments, suggestions and tech help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 35 (permalink) Old Sep 8th, 09, 12:48 PM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Matt

Recruiting new members - Question to Admin/Site Owners

So I've been to 2 car shows this past weekend and talked to a dozen camaro owners. Not a single one of them has heard of TeamCamaro. I tell them that they need to checkout this site as this is hands down the best camaro forum out there. I do this because I know how much this site has helped me and given I'm a nice guy, I simply want the other camaro owners out there to have the same opportunity to get their questions answered. Telling someone at a car show to go and checkout www.camaros.net only goes so far. Chances are that by the time they get home they have forgotten talking to me or forgotten the site's address. Giving them something that has www.camaros.net written on it goes much further.

Having said that, anyway the new owners could print up something that resembles a "business card" and send it to the members like me that are interested in passing them out during car shows to camaro owners not currently part of TC? Cheep way of advertising and potentially generating revenue as I am sure for every 10 new free members one or two will turn into paid member...

Matt

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 35 (permalink) Old Sep 8th, 09, 12:54 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Tom

Re: Recruiting new members - Question to Admin/Site Owners

I've had a similar experience - talking to Camaro owners at shows and having them be unaware of Team Camaro.

Maybe an "official flyer" that could be printed off the site and handed out to Camaro owners at the shows would work.

'67 rs - ordered new by my Grandfather
327 L30, K-K, Deluxe int, tach & gauges, 12 bolt posi, 4 speed.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-
post #3 of 35 (permalink) Old Sep 8th, 09, 01:00 PM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Matt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melrose RS View Post
I've had a similar experience - talking to Camaro owners at shows and having them be unaware of Team Camaro.

Maybe an "official flyer" that could be printed off the site and handed out to Camaro owners at the shows would work.
"official flyer" - even a better idea. TC can create it and simply email it to us so we can print it and distribute it out. Ummmm, my original "cheap" idea of advertising just went to free advertising idea! (I won't charge TC for the paper and ink.... )

Matt

post #4 of 35 (permalink) Old Sep 8th, 09, 01:12 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
BILL

good idea ..most people i talk too never heard of team camaro..i always tell them about it..im selective who i tell though??
post #5 of 35 (permalink) Old Sep 8th, 09, 01:17 PM
Senior Tech

there could just be a page with a pdf file on it that has the site info on it- maybe have all the other "team" sites listed on the bottom, too.
just go to the page and print it out. no need for email.

you don't plan sincerity.
you have to make it up on the spot.

wanna hear about 20 years ago when i was too smart to know any better?
post #6 of 35 (permalink) Old Sep 8th, 09, 01:35 PM
Senior Tech
Mark

Wink Re: Recruiting new members - Question to Admin/Site Owners

I have a blown up print of the site logo "Team Camaro" and my posting name that goes on the dash at every car show. You know you can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink....

Mark (AKA Z28 Mark)
1973 Z28 2001 Z28
Camaros Limited~Nor Cal
post #7 of 35 (permalink) Old Sep 8th, 09, 01:37 PM
Senior Tech
Steps

Camaros.net is international...
A couple yrs ago in NZ I seemed to be about the only Kiwi/ Aussie
I have promotted camaros.net simply on the friendlyness of the members, and the information and help avalible... I emphase Camaro SSSSS .net if dont write it down
Since then we have had quite a few from down under joining,
Also have remet quite a few guys at shows and stuff...they may not join but certainly browse /search the forums etc.
I would join, but while the Fed is printing money hand over foot, the subs are more ex*****ive than our car club subs, then add tax, and the cut on the exchange rate...

2 things that would promote, a cnr window transfer and metal bumber emblem, like the old automoble assoc....AAA I think in the states....
yeah know there is already something like this for members...offshore membership/promotion is maybe something to look at....and as far as sponsers go...we get our parts downunder from the westcoast....

My Spelling is not incorrect...it is creative

post #8 of 35 (permalink) Old Sep 8th, 09, 01:46 PM
Senior Tech
Russ

For the RV club I'm in we print our own cards, cut them out, and have as handouts. A member of the club created a template with a logo and place for name, email, and phone info to be filled in and it is replicated 10 times per page. Yeah they aren't on heavy weight card stock but waddaya want for free ?

Russ (RJ)
The Garlic Capital, Gilroy,CA

(sold June 15,2014) 1968 RS convertible that is not quite stock

post #9 of 35 (permalink) Old Sep 8th, 09, 01:47 PM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Matt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z28 Mark View Post
I have a blown up print of the site logo "Team Camaro" and my posting name that goes on the dash at every car show. You know you can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink....
but the flyer idea would actually send the water home with the horse...

Matt

post #10 of 35 (permalink) Old Sep 8th, 09, 02:09 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Tom

Quote:
Originally Posted by zlek131 View Post
but the flyer idea would actually send the water home with the horse...
Yeah, I get a bunch of flyers in my car at shows. And I actually read them!

In order to track the effectiveness of this type of marketing you'd need a code of some type that the newb enters when they first come to the site. Then at the end of the year, for example, you could say that x number of new memberships can be attributed to flyer distribution.

'67 rs - ordered new by my Grandfather
327 L30, K-K, Deluxe int, tach & gauges, 12 bolt posi, 4 speed.

-
post #11 of 35 (permalink) Old Sep 8th, 09, 08:25 PM
Senior Tech
Jamie

Great idea guys! I'd be spreading the good word also.

Hopeful graduate from the school of hard knocks !!!

1969 Z11 "barn car"

1969 X11 Suffered tragic death.
1981 Z28 (wifes car) sold to afford child.
post #12 of 35 (permalink) Old Sep 20th, 09, 09:35 PM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Matt

Somewhat surprised the new owners haven't jumped on this idea and come up with pdf we can all print and hand out at car shows for free... Anyway, here is my team camaro sticker I added on my car this weekend...

Matt

post #13 of 35 (permalink) Old Sep 21st, 09, 04:37 AM
Guess

I have no less than 5 TC stickers on my truck.

post #14 of 35 (permalink) Old Sep 21st, 09, 07:08 AM
Eke
Senior Tech
James Brown

"Somewhat surprised the new owners haven't jumped on this idea...."

New owners? Have I missed something???

69 RS - Total Nut & Bolt Rebuild began 9/6/07

post #15 of 35 (permalink) Old Sep 21st, 09, 07:45 AM
DjD
Retired
Dennis

Garage

I moved this here to "site discussion" forum... Mark is right, you can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink. Team Camaro is a sponsor of our local club we both belong to. I have links back to TC all over our club site, we have had TC/CLNC get togethers, we even did a commemorative shirt for one event and I keep members appraised of changes here at TC such as the sale of the Team sites and new owners. Not many of the local club members are signed up here but I know a lot of them lurk, if you look at the "What's going on?" on the main forum page you will see Active user stats. Right now 132 members and 314 guests. Thats a lot of lurkers compared to participants... My point is the majority of car owners at car shows are not obsessed with the need for info on their cars. Google Camaro and camaros.net is on the 1st page of links, this site is not hard to find.

I'm not against the idea of members having business cards to hand out but rather just wondering if the cost to the site would be worth the return. It's just a few dollars to provide 1 member some cards but times hundreds really starts to add up! Anyway Don will see this here a lot quicker than in Bench Racing...

...Dennis

"Don't take life so serious, you won't get out alive..."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode