Vendor bashing in "tech" horrible service. - Team Camaro Tech
Camaros.net Site Help Discussion Website questions, comments, suggestions and tech help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old Feb 5th, 10, 11:45 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Jimmie-Retired

Vendor bashing in "tech" horrible service.

There's a thread in "tech" titled "horrible service...." It sounds like vendor bashing to me. The last time I tried one , it got canned REAL quick. Someone should do the same to this one. They should resolve their differences with the vendor, not smear them on the site. Jim

Jim's '69
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

68 SS 396 4 speed A/C Bought New Sold 1976
68 350/350 A/C Bought 1978 $700 Wrecked
69 350 4 Speed Bought 1988
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old Feb 5th, 10, 12:03 PM
Retired
Jim

Re: Vendor bashing in "tech" horrible service.

we've seen it and had several PMs about it too and its being reviewed. Several issues are on the burner in the back room, this is one.

Click..is Jim..former owner of a 69RS-LM1 350/255 - 700r
"There will come a time when you believe everything is finished,
That will be the beginning." Louis L'Amour
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old Feb 5th, 10, 12:05 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Skip

Man i hope my poison oak thread ain't one of them...

I NEED TO HIT THE LOTTERY
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old Feb 5th, 10, 12:10 PM
Guess

Just don't bash poison oak.

post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old Feb 5th, 10, 12:53 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Mike

Poison Oak sucks. I have never liked Posion Oak nor will I ever want that stuff.

Sorry to all the Poison Oak lovers.

I had to wear this around for 2 weeks to get rid of it.

Team Camaro Gold Member #14

1967 Camaro RS/z28 - one of 602 made - SOLD

1969 Camaro RS/SS L48 4 speed
1974 Camaro LT-Z/28 4 speed 33K orig miles
1979 Camaro Z/28 36K orig miles
1987 Monte Carlo SS 25K orig mi bought new by me.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old Feb 5th, 10, 01:01 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Skip

hahahahhahahahah..... Thats to funny

I NEED TO HIT THE LOTTERY
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old Feb 5th, 10, 02:02 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Mike

Skip, I'm telling you, if you dont get one of them Tin Foil Hats and wear it for 2 weeks, you'll never get rid of the stuff.

Team Camaro Gold Member #14

1967 Camaro RS/z28 - one of 602 made - SOLD

1969 Camaro RS/SS L48 4 speed
1974 Camaro LT-Z/28 4 speed 33K orig miles
1979 Camaro Z/28 36K orig miles
1987 Monte Carlo SS 25K orig mi bought new by me.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old Feb 5th, 10, 02:16 PM
Senior Tech
Eric

I really don't want to ruffle any feathers here, seriously, but this is a problem with this site. I whole heartedly agree that members should not be posting hasty comments dragging any company or individual through the mud without making an honest effort to solve whatever problem they are having. However, there are a few vendors out there that really should be avoided, and I think it is a disservice to keep it a secret.

Quite a while back I posted a warning to a fellow member that was going to use a machine shop that I knew was a bad choice. I posted a very mild warning, didn't use any names, and got raked over the coals for it. I was chewed out like a school kid for what I thought was just trying to save someone all the grief that I went through.

In the end, the member did use the shop, and did get screwed. To me that was just senseless. I believe if a member wants to post a bad experience, as long as they stick to the facts and don't resort to name calling, it should be fine.

I also posted about a series of email I traded with one of the larger suppliers because I thought it would save the next person some headaches. Yet again, raked over the coals for only stating facts.

This is not my site, and I don't pretend that it is, but I personally believe that this would be a better site if members were allowed to post honest experiences, positive and negative. Of course I also understand that this may be just my opinion, and may not be shared with others. But if I am being honest, it's the biggest reason I hardly ever post here anymore.

Again, I'm not trying to pick a fight here. I'm just hoping that the mods will see this as a chance for an open discussion on the matter. If I am the only one that feels this way, I will understand and keep my mouth shut. Thank you for your time.

ERIC
67 Convertible, 350CID, TKO600RR, 3.73 Eaton Posi
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old Feb 5th, 10, 04:57 PM
Guess

Quote:
Originally Posted by ept000 View Post
.... And i think it is a disservice to keep it a secret.....
we totally agree eric. No one said to keep anything a secret. There are plenty of threadsposts in the past that state the good, bad or indifferent about a product, manufacturer or vendor.
People keep getting bashing confused with grumbling about an experience.

.... I believe if a member wants to post a bad experience, as long as they stick to the facts and don't resort to name calling, it should be fine.....
absolutely! It's the name calling, nasty remarks, tongue-in-cheek digs and sometimes expletive ridden posts that serve no purpose but to flame a product, manufacturer or vendor that are "bashing". A bad experience that is posted just to flame doesn't do anyone any good.

..... But i personally believe that this would be a better site if members were allowed to post honest experiences, positive and negative.....
you are. There has been a reviews section in place for a few years now. No one uses it. Not many people know about a whole bunch of other areas of the site that are outside the tech forums.
Look up top between showroom and tech. There hasn't been a new entry since january of 2009... And before that was 2 years earlier.
It's not there for bashing or flaming... The same is expected there as here in the tech forums.
https://www.camaros.net/reviews/

... If i am the only one that feels this way, i will understand and keep my mouth shut. Thank you for your time.
you're not... Not by a long shot. Never did anyone who represents tc say that opinions were unwelcome. There's a difference between telling of a negative experience and bashingflaming a product, manufacturer or vendor. This has been a sore subject for years here. Just because a few of the sites a person reads allow bashing or flaming doesn't mean we're going to allow what we consider bashing here. people sometimes fail to remember that when they signed up here that the owners, administrators and moderators retain the right to edit andor delete a postthread as we deem necessary. We do not pick on any one person or post out of spite. We're just trying to maintain the philosophies that the team sites were founded on.

post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old Feb 5th, 10, 11:16 PM
Senior Tech
Eric

Hey Joe,
Thanks for your response. I appreciate not only that you responded, but also because we seem to agree. In all fairness I have not posted in quite some time, mostly because of the reasons I stated, but the attitude here may have changed since then, and I should really hang around and get a feel for how things are working now.

I will not expose whom my original threads I referenced were about, but one was a shop that destroyed my crank (which I was not able to replace as it was an odd-ball motor that parts are not readily available for), pressed all my piston pins off center, did a butcher job of ballancing, and lost several parts I can't replace. My warning was basically don't leave any parts you can't afford to loose with this shop, and I got blasted. Not only that but the owner of the shop was contacted and he became a member here and piled on the ept000 hate train. Still gets me pissed to think about it.

The second one was an email from a manufacturer stating that they do not recomend using their carbs with their intake manifolds because acording to this particular manufacturer, they don't work well together. Not my words or interpetations, but their actual recomendations to me! How odd is that? But again, that thread got me in hot water, so I stopped hanging around. I couldn't for the life of me figure out how either of these threads could be considdered bashing.

I really hope things have changed around here, and I will do some lurking for a while to "test the water".

Thanks again.

ERIC
67 Convertible, 350CID, TKO600RR, 3.73 Eaton Posi
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode