Anyone @ Autoforums "Proof Read" Ads??? - Team Camaro Tech
Camaros.net Site Help Discussion Website questions, comments, suggestions and tech help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 51 (permalink) Old Apr 3rd, 10, 09:24 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
David

Anyone @ Autoforums "Proof Read" Ads???

Just curious and not "bashing", "complaining"or trying to be "controversial" but this ad really struck me as being counterproductive to the principles that Team Camaro promotes............

<LI id=taw1 onfocus="ss('','aw1')" onmouseover="ss('','aw1')">Trim Tags Restoring a Classic or Muscle Car? Keep it numbers matching.
www.TrimTags.com

Any chance of having that ad removed?????

David F.

"All I need is a fast machine". Steve McQueen
My Machine: 1969 Pro Street Camaro
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

468 CID 661 Horsepower
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Turbo 400
33"x19.50" Mickey Thompsons

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 51 (permalink) Old Apr 3rd, 10, 10:36 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Mark

Re: Anyone @ Autoforums "Proof Read" Ads???

David, it has been there for a while now. it seems the dollar is king.

Don't stop now!!!

67 camaro driver
383 10:1
Horsepower:
515 @ 5,500 rpm
Torque:
499 lb-ft @ 4,800 rpm

post #3 of 51 (permalink) Old Apr 3rd, 10, 12:39 PM
DHH
Gold Lifetime Member
Don

In the FAQ. How do I know if I need a trim tag?

A. If your original TRIM TAG is lost or damaged; if you have changed the paint color, interior color or style; deleted or added a vinyl top; changed your convertible top color; added or deleted options, you need a new TRIM TAG.

No purpose other than to mislead people at the most innocent, or hustle them at the most dispicable.

Some videos I'v made for youtube

post #4 of 51 (permalink) Old Apr 3rd, 10, 06:14 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Jim

fascinating.

And it seems only us firstgens guys care...

New website for my vert is coming together. Do ya like the slide show on the home page?
post #5 of 51 (permalink) Old Apr 3rd, 10, 07:00 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Jeff

Send a message via Yahoo to yellow69RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimM View Post
fascinating.

And it seems only us firstgens guys care...
The rest might be afraid to speak up fearing they'd have no place to go.

Jeff
post #6 of 51 (permalink) Old Apr 3rd, 10, 07:08 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Jim

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellow69RS View Post
The rest might be afraid to speak up fearing they'd have no place to go.

Jeff
Ain't buying that. No way. Plenty of "speaker uppers" here.
The guys who put those ads up don't read the forums, they just cash the checks.
And there's not one mod on this site who'd come down on anyone for beeeching about a trimtags ad. More likely they're in the back room doing the same beeeching, except the guy who runs the ads reads what they say there.

New website for my vert is coming together. Do ya like the slide show on the home page?
post #7 of 51 (permalink) Old Apr 3rd, 10, 07:13 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
David

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimM View Post
Ain't buying that. No way. Plenty of "speaker uppers" here.
The guys who put those ads up don't read the forums, they just cash the checks.
And there's not one mod on this site who'd come down on anyone for beeeching about a trimtags ad. More likely they're in the back room doing the same beeeching, except the guy who runs the ads reads what they say there.
I'd like to believe that's what's happening..........

David F.
www.firstgens.com

468 CID 661 Horsepower
Turbo 400

post #8 of 51 (permalink) Old Apr 4th, 10, 05:47 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Harry

WOW this just isnt right!
SO imagine how many people will get ripped off thinking they just got that original Z-28 and finding out its was originally a 6 banger car.
Someone should be vary ashamed of themselves for allowing such a vendor on our site.
It goes against all we believe in!

434 stroker
US Navy retired

post #9 of 51 (permalink) Old Apr 4th, 10, 06:50 AM
Retired
Jim

Since it 1st appeared, its been reported and 100% of mods and admin dont like it either. We are beeetching as hard as we can. Update when we know more.

Click..is Jim..former owner of a 69RS-LM1 350/255 - 700r
"There will come a time when you believe everything is finished,
That will be the beginning." Louis L'Amour
post #10 of 51 (permalink) Old Apr 4th, 10, 02:46 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Chris

I joined this site and paid my dues because I believed that this site offered valuable information to first gen camaro owners to preserve their cars and set a standard which all should be proud of! This is an insult to all members, Vendors, and hobyists that are here for the right reasons and take the hobby seriously!

Advertising of this nature has no place on this board as it corrupts and sends entirely the wrong message to the hobbyist and our youth!

To promote such a Vendor that falsifies original documentation is nothing short than criminal and irresponsible in no uncertain terms! Misrepresentation to this degree has serious consequences on the hobby and as such should not be exploited as it has been here.

This should concern everyone on this board that is dedicated to the hobby and that supports this SITE! That would include the other Vendors that ADVERTISE on this site as well. By allowing this type of advertising they are affirming and condoning this type of action which again is reckless and irresponsible on their behalf which is shameful!
If Team Camaro and its sister sites feel this sort of advertisement is necessary and beneficial to the true car enthusiast than it is a major setback and one that frankly diminishes the true values associated with this site and its members and true hobbyist.

The individuals that sucombe to these underhanded practices and tactics have no business in this industry!

If this some how black marks me as a supporting member than obviously i am on the wrong site and it will certainly justify who i do my business with from here on!

67 RSSS Van Nuys, 4th week Sept,1966
ps,tilt,headrest,spd warn,pw,am/fm,delux int,
remote mirror,rear defrost,tint glass.etc...
TKO 600 Extreme,12bolt 3:73 gears.

Last edited by 67RSSS; Apr 4th, 10 at 04:37 PM.
post #11 of 51 (permalink) Old Apr 4th, 10, 02:52 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
John

Chris very nicely said,
post #12 of 51 (permalink) Old Apr 4th, 10, 03:36 PM
Gold Lifetime Member

Smile Re: Anyone @ Autoforums "Proof Read" Ads???

Quote:
Originally Posted by click View Post
Since it 1st appeared, its been reported and 100% of mods and admin dont like it either. We are beeetching as hard as we can. Update when we know more.
Great to hear Jim!
post #13 of 51 (permalink) Old Apr 5th, 10, 02:07 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
David

TrimTags
Restoring a Classic or Muscle Car? Keep it numbers matching.
www.trimtags.com

Any update(s)????.....the ad is still there in the Trim Tag section.

David F.
www.firstgens.com

468 CID 661 Horsepower
Turbo 400

post #14 of 51 (permalink) Old Apr 5th, 10, 02:40 PM
Retired
Jim

I wish someone could grab a copy of the link for us. We have been going thru all the sections looking for it and never see it. If its rotating with other ads we have not found it yet. Admin is trying to confirm that we are NOT allowing them as sponsors. I logged off and just came in as a guest and then I get the mustang ad but Ive yet to find the trimtag one. If anyone sees it, save a copy of the link to it so we can backtrack its origin.
None of us in the back room want to have them on this site.

Click..is Jim..former owner of a 69RS-LM1 350/255 - 700r
"There will come a time when you believe everything is finished,
That will be the beginning." Louis L'Amour
post #15 of 51 (permalink) Old Apr 5th, 10, 02:49 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
BILL

will do!!!..10-4

BILL D.
JOHN 3:16
SEMPER FI
if you have a bbc in your 1st gen 67-69 camaro click on the link below and enjoy the veiw and post yours up!!

if you have an all original 1st gen camaro 67-69 click on the link below and enjoy the veiw and post your up!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode