Banner Advertisement - Team Camaro Tech
Camaros.net Site Help Discussion Website questions, comments, suggestions and tech help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old Jun 20th, 10, 06:13 AM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Mike

Banner Advertisement

Why am I seeing a Geico advertisement at the top and bottom of every thread page, even though I'm logged in?

Mike - '68 Camaro with lots of stuff done to it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old Jun 21st, 10, 08:28 AM
Retired
Jim

Re: Banner Advertisement

My guess Mike is $$$ I just dont bother reading those either.

Click..is Jim..former owner of a 69RS-LM1 350/255 - 700r
"There will come a time when you believe everything is finished,
That will be the beginning." Louis L'Amour
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old Jun 21st, 10, 08:30 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
BILL

dang it and i thought i was the only one seeing that? i thought maybe i won some car insurance!!

BILL D.
JOHN 3:16
SEMPER FI
if you have a bbc in your 1st gen 67-69 camaro click on the link below and enjoy the veiw and post yours up!!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

if you have an all original 1st gen camaro 67-69 click on the link below and enjoy the veiw and post your up!!

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old Jun 22nd, 10, 07:33 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Mark

I was just going to post this same thing. It's bull$hit! we shouldn't have to see all that annoying crap.
I am PAID lifetime member. what the hell did i pay for. I am still waiting on the swag i was promised, and I don't get to have an ad free site.

Don't stop now!!!

67 camaro driver
383 10:1
Horsepower:
515 @ 5,500 rpm
Torque:
499 lb-ft @ 4,800 rpm

post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old Jun 24th, 10, 04:16 PM
Senior Tech
David

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mkelcy View Post
Why am I seeing a Geico advertisement at the top and bottom of every thread page, even though I'm logged in?
Quote:
Originally Posted by keypilot View Post
I was just going to post this same thing. It's bull! we shouldn't have to see all that annoying crap.
I am PAID lifetime member. what the hell did i pay for. I am still waiting on the swag i was promised, and I don't get to have an ad free site.
Now you have a choice......."Name Your Own Price with Progressive"......

or

"With GEICO...You Can Save Up To 15% In 15 Minutes"

David F.
www.firstgens.com

"All I need is a fast machine". Steve McQueen
My Machine: 1969 Pro Street Camaro

468 CID 661 Horsepower
Turbo 400
33"x19.50" Mickey Thompsons

post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old Jun 24th, 10, 06:54 PM
Team Member
Doug

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1969ProStreetCamaro View Post
Now you have a choice......."Name Your Own Price with Progressive"......

or

"With GEICO...You Can Save Up To 15% In 15 Minutes"

David F.
www.firstgens.com
You beat me to this one David. LOL!
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old Jun 24th, 10, 07:12 PM
Senior Tech
David

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dougs72Nova View Post
You beat me to this one David. LOL!

David F.
www.firstgens.com

"All I need is a fast machine". Steve McQueen
My Machine: 1969 Pro Street Camaro

468 CID 661 Horsepower
Turbo 400
33"x19.50" Mickey Thompsons

post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old Jun 24th, 10, 07:53 PM
Senior Tech
67 Camaros Rock

Met Life for me, I like Snoopy more than the Gecko and Floe.

"If you can leave black marks on a straight from the time you exit a corner till the time you brake for the next turn.......
Then, you have enough horsepower."
-Mark Donahue
My 67 Camaro Time Line
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old Jun 24th, 10, 08:08 PM
Team Member
Christropher

I never even noticed it until you said something....it's small and unassuming. Doesn't bother me.

Christropher

...in pieces still.

MrDanB - "Don't worry about Mr.Wilcox...He has that incurable disease of thinking that they only made the Camaro in '67
"
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old Jul 24th, 10, 05:30 PM
Team Member
Jerry R.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keypilot View Post
It's bull$hit! we shouldn't have to see all that annoying crap.
All good things must come to an end.
Sure was nice here when it was Al's site. More like Times square here now with all the ads even for paying members. When my paid membership expires I'm pretty sure I am not renewing.

my Magnaflow X-pipe system sound clip, click the link

post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old Jul 24th, 10, 05:44 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Mike

Send a message via MSN to Mike_M

I'm using Firefox and recently installed the "Adblock Plus" addon, now I no longer see the Geico ads.

Mike...

post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old Jul 24th, 10, 06:34 PM
DjD
Retired
Dennis

Garage

I don't know off the top of my head what the agreement on ads is with paid membership but if you are not supposed to get them then one of the autoforums tech guys made a mistake and they will correct that. I don't understand why some of you are so quick to fire before identifying the friendly's! There is nothing the moderators can do and cussing and getting all up-set only raises your blood pressure!

Like I said the last go with the ads, you need to go straight to e-mail or PM's if you want to report stuff. Nobody that has any power to correct or make changes reads the forums as sad as that is so write to "[email protected]" or PM "TheDon". Also keep in mind Don and the Autoforums folks don't apear to work weekends...

...Dennis

"Don't take life so serious, you won't get out alive..."
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old Jul 27th, 10, 04:51 PM
Senior Tech
67 Camaros Rock

Talking Re: Banner Advertisement

Quote:
Originally Posted by DjD View Post
I don't know off the top of my head what the agreement on ads is with paid membership but if you are not supposed to get them then one of the autoforums tech guys made a mistake and they will correct that. I don't understand why some of you are so quick to fire before identifying the friendly's! There is nothing the moderators can do and cussing and getting all up-set only raises your blood pressure!

Like I said the last go with the ads, you need to go straight to e-mail or PM's if you want to report stuff. Nobody that has any power to correct or make changes reads the forums as sad as that is so write to "[email protected]" or PM "TheDon". Also keep in mind Don and the Autoforums folks don't apear to work weekends...
Still a great site but what you said is just where it has gone..........

Sad that when they bought the place they decided to pick it apart and inject crap into it. One of the new Camaro sites that have sprung since the sale up will cater to the needs of those that need a hand held while being here, while others will be just fine. Off to have my hand held a little

"If you can leave black marks on a straight from the time you exit a corner till the time you brake for the next turn.......
Then, you have enough horsepower."
-Mark Donahue
My 67 Camaro Time Line
post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old Jul 27th, 10, 05:26 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
John

Talking Re: Banner Advertisement

Quote:
Originally Posted by jr68 View Post
... When my paid membership expires I'm pretty sure I am not renewing.
Me neither
Oh ... wait

1968 Convertible
Some trucks

Other V8 things - some of which float

Other V6 things - none of which float

Oh yeah, and 1 "Straight-Six" ...

If a man says something in the garage - and his wife can't hear him - is he still wrong !!!
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old Jul 27th, 10, 07:04 PM
Team Member
Jerry R.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage 68 View Post
Me neither
Oh ... wait
Oh no ! you're stuck

my Magnaflow X-pipe system sound clip, click the link

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode