Interracial Gay Dating Google Ad.......... - Team Camaro Tech
Camaros.net Site Help Discussion Website questions, comments, suggestions and tech help.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 44 (permalink) Old Jul 9th, 10, 09:58 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
David

Thumbs down Interracial Gay Dating Google Ad..........

Yep, it's here..................................

http://googleads.g.doubleclick.net/a...%3D3%26c%3DIMG

I've seen the ad in the Performance Forum & the Tag Team Forum.......both as a visitor(not logged in) and logged in to the site!!!!!

Now visible as the top banner in the Bench Racing Forum!!!
.....and now in the Site Discussion forum where this thread is!!!!!!
.....and now in the Engine Forum!!!!

Unbelievable!!!!!!!!!!!

David F.
www.firstgens.com

"All I need is a fast machine". Steve McQueen
My Machine: 1969 Pro Street Camaro
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

468 CID 661 Horsepower
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Turbo 400
33"x19.50" Mickey Thompsons

Last edited by 1969ProStreetCamaro; Jul 9th, 10 at 11:28 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 44 (permalink) Old Jul 9th, 10, 11:47 AM
Senior Tech
Patrick

Re: Interracial Gay Dating Google Ad..........

This has gone too far!

69RS/SS,383,10:1cr,4.10,60ft1.6sec,1/[email protected],1/[email protected],Vicjr,RPMheads,750dp, Proform main body, cam,246*-250*@.050,.510,522,1.6rr,700r4,3200stall
383 IS SOLD!
Building a 489BBC

post #3 of 44 (permalink) Old Jul 9th, 10, 11:55 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Vince

Garage

Did you need to add the link!!!!!???

1967 327 4spd convertible 119K
1968 RS Z/28 04D Norwood have owned twice
1968 RS Z/28 04D Van Nuys asleep for 36 years
1969 Z/28 X33

post #4 of 44 (permalink) Old Jul 9th, 10, 11:57 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
David

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3forme View Post
Did you need to add the link!!!!!???
The Mods need the link to determine it's origin.

David F.
www.firstgens.com

468 CID 661 Horsepower
Turbo 400

post #5 of 44 (permalink) Old Jul 9th, 10, 12:09 PM
DjD
Retired
Dennis

Garage

You are not going to get any attention posting about it. You need to write to the autoforums folks about this stuff. Try pming TheDon or writing to [email protected] Even when you post in the Site Discussion forum the mods here just pass on the message.

I'm not insinuating anything by this but all the google ads that show up on this site are driven by info gleened from the sites a person visits. Googleads reads your cache and cookies and looks for content to advertise to you...

...Dennis

"Don't take life so serious, you won't get out alive..."
post #6 of 44 (permalink) Old Jul 9th, 10, 12:16 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
David

Quote:
Originally Posted by DjD View Post
You are not going to get any attention posting about it. You need to write to the autoforums folks about this stuff. Try pming TheDon or writing to [email protected] Even when you post in the Site Discussion forum the mods here just pass on the message.

I'm not insinuating anything by this but all the google ads that show up on this site are driven by info gleened from the sites a person visits. Googleads reads your cache and cookies and looks for content to advertise to you...
FYI,
As soon as I turned on my computer today TC was the first site that I visited and the ad was here!!!!!!! Cookies and cache cleared after every internet session......and I don't frequent "those" types of sites either. What's strange about this is when I visit FirstGens.com which also has Google ad's that ad or the TrimTag.com ad never shows up there........must be the fact that this is now a corporate website whereas FirstGens is not.............hmm that is interesting

Kind Regards,
David F.
www.firstgens.com

468 CID 661 Horsepower
Turbo 400

Last edited by 1969ProStreetCamaro; Jul 9th, 10 at 12:30 PM.
post #7 of 44 (permalink) Old Jul 9th, 10, 12:23 PM
Senior Tech

Send a message via AIM to Satatic

Dont like gay people? I bet theres quite a few here.
post #8 of 44 (permalink) Old Jul 9th, 10, 12:30 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
David

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satatic View Post
Dont like gay people? I bet theres quite a few here.
I have nothing against them. I think that type of advertising has no place on an automobile related website where young children could possibly view that type of "behaviour".

David F.
www.firstgens.com

468 CID 661 Horsepower
Turbo 400

post #9 of 44 (permalink) Old Jul 9th, 10, 12:33 PM
Senior Tech
John

David it wont do you any good complaining about it. I see dating adds as well and i clear my cache regularly. Just dont click on the link because i believe the owners of the site get revenue from you clicking on it.
post #10 of 44 (permalink) Old Jul 9th, 10, 12:38 PM
Senior Tech

Send a message via AIM to Satatic

What kind of behavior? Blacks and whites mixing?
post #11 of 44 (permalink) Old Jul 9th, 10, 12:38 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
David

Quote:
Originally Posted by parkbrau View Post
David it wont do you any good complaining about it. I see dating adds as well and i clear my cache regularly. Just dont click on the link because i believe the owners of the site get revenue from you clicking on it.
Not clicking on the links at all...just dismayed why it's here that's all !!!!

David F.
www.firstgens.com

468 CID 661 Horsepower
Turbo 400

post #12 of 44 (permalink) Old Jul 9th, 10, 01:06 PM
DjD
Retired
Dennis

Garage

[quote=1969ProStreetCamaro;1450413]FYI,
As soon as I turned on my computer today TC was the first site that I visited and the ad was here!!!!!!! Cookies and cache cleared after every internet session......and I don't frequent "those" types of sites either. What's strange about this is when I visit FirstGens.com which also has Google ad's that ad or the TrimTag.com ad never shows up there........must be the fact that this is now a corporate website whereas FirstGens is not.............hmm that is interesting

Kind Regards,
David F.

David I chase these things for you everytime you post about them and can never duplicate what you get! I believe you get what you do because if I didn't I would ignore you. The only thing I will say about the other site vs here is traffic...

I have spent hours and hours helping you with blogs and other issues and I know you are not a tech savvy person based on the things I have helped you with. You say your cookies are deleted and your cache is cleared. That isn't the only way to track where your pc has been on the web. Does anyone else use your PC?

With hundreds visiting this site every hour don't you think it's strange there are not at least 10 others reporting the problem? Again I believe you got the ads you did and appreciate you reporting it but don't like the chicken s__t way you hold the site and everyone associated with the site responsible for every little thing you don't like here!

Have you e-mailed or pm'd anyone as I suggested?

You know Satatic has a good point, what is so socially unaccaptible to you? Why are you "dismayed why it's here that's all"

...Dennis

"Don't take life so serious, you won't get out alive..."
post #13 of 44 (permalink) Old Jul 9th, 10, 01:10 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
David

Quote:
Originally Posted by DjD View Post
[ You say your cookies are deleted and your cache is cleared. That isn't the only way to track where your pc has been on the web. Does anyone else use your PC?
No one else uses my PC.

David F.
www.firstgens.com

468 CID 661 Horsepower
Turbo 400

post #14 of 44 (permalink) Old Jul 9th, 10, 01:38 PM
Senior Tech
James

Your computer thinks you're gay.

You are going to have to take it out back and shoot it.

Reminds me of this episode about Tivo:

post #15 of 44 (permalink) Old Jul 9th, 10, 01:40 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
David

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68 Ragtop View Post
Your computer thinks you're gay.

You are going to have to take it out back and shoot it.

Reminds me of this episode about Tivo:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PoUJvAQg7KI
...now that is funny!!!!!!!

David F.
www.firstgens.com

468 CID 661 Horsepower
Turbo 400

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode