Why am I always waiting for Autoforums? - Team Camaro Tech
Camaros.net Site Help Discussion Website questions, comments, suggestions and tech help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old Oct 18th, 10, 05:28 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech

Why am I always waiting for Autoforums?

autoforums.us.intellitxt.com? What is this stuff and why does it cause my page to load so slow?

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM ...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
Semper Fi! L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft, B Co 3rd AT's, Khe Sanh Combat Base, February, 1968
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old Oct 18th, 10, 06:10 PM
Senior Tech
Ben

Re: Why am I always waiting for...

I was just starting to think the same thing! Really starting to xxxx me off, I mean irratate me!!

Big Ben
1967 Camaro

1980 Z/28 all original
original owner

2011 2SS/RS Camaro 6speed/manual
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old Oct 18th, 10, 06:10 PM
Senior Tech
Nick

Quote:
Originally Posted by onovakind67 View Post
autoforums.us.intellitxt.com? What is this stuff and why does it cause my page to load so slow?
I am having the exact same problem. Sometimes it can take a few minutes to load the next page.

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old Oct 18th, 10, 06:27 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
BILL

hmm??? ive got sat. and just this site takes a bit to load?

BILL D.
JOHN 3:16
SEMPER FI
if you have a bbc in your 1st gen 67-69 camaro click on the link below and enjoy the veiw and post yours up!!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

if you have an all original 1st gen camaro 67-69 click on the link below and enjoy the veiw and post your up!!

post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old Oct 18th, 10, 06:39 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Bryon

Yep, really slow to load.

68 Camaro SS 396 - 468 BBC now, M21, 12 bolt 3.73 coded housing but w/ 3.31 gears.
Looking for 68 Camaro with body number NOR 181016
CRG -
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old Oct 18th, 10, 06:53 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Larry

Mine loads quickly with cable. I believe being a member will cut down on ads and speed things up.

68 RS Coupe 355/350 TH, Detroit Speed, Hotchkis, Vintage Air, 8.5" 3.42 posi 10-bolt, MagnaFlow 2 1/2" exhaust, etc.

"The public cannot be too curious concerning the characters of public men."
Samuel Adams
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old Oct 18th, 10, 11:03 PM
Senior Tech
John

I thought the end of the sentence should be "the Cowboys to win a game".
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old Oct 19th, 10, 01:29 PM
Senior Tech
Kevin

Re: Why am I always waiting for Autoforums?

It's most likely due to the additional advertising on the site since the acquisition. It's going out and getting advertising info for every new page. This is common on commercial sites. As bad as it's getting here, it's much worse on thirdgen.org. It takes so long to display a page there that I often lose interest before it's done and move on to something else.

Kevin

post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old Oct 19th, 10, 07:13 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Matt

to add....perhaps it's just me but did anyone notice that thread count is way down. For example, I am used to seeing +120 threads when hitting the "Today's Posts" button versus 83 as it is right now. I've noticed that the last few weeks. This is surprising as it seems like the Welcome Wagon has been pretty busy with new members. Perhaps people are too busy and don't hang out on the forum as much or they do but may be finding their answers via search hence no need to post/ask. Just wanted to see what others thought....

Matt

post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old Oct 19th, 10, 08:52 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
John

Matt, I noticed that also, there are a few names I don't see as often as I useto.
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old Oct 20th, 10, 06:52 PM
Senior Tech
Don

Mine has slowed down and I see the ".intellitxt.com"

I've only noticed it in the last week or so. I have also noticed a reduced number of thread counts.

69 camaro week end driver 350/350 Hugger orange
68 Custom Cab 327/3speed Blue/Blue - Done

67 Chevelle 350/350 Paint prison March 2011
67 Chevy II just hanging around the shop
69 Chevelle Started project. 350/350
post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old Oct 20th, 10, 08:57 PM
Senior Tech
67 Camaros Rock

Been very slow me also....for days. I reset my router and DSL modem (unpluged power for minutes) and it's speed is back up to very quick.

Not sure what the deal is with that but it worked for me.

"If you can leave black marks on a straight from the time you exit a corner till the time you brake for the next turn.......
Then, you have enough horsepower."
-Mark Donahue
My 67 Camaro Time Line
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old Oct 21st, 10, 08:42 PM
Senior Tech
Jon

I'm out of here....

May be back in a week or so..... maybe it will be fixed by then, but I'm not gonna hold my breath.

Jon N

The only reason someone would want insurance is if they want to pay someone elses bills or want someone else to pay their bills.
post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old Oct 21st, 10, 09:47 PM
Senior Tech
Steiner

It's advertising software from Vibrant. It runs as a script and will highlight and underline words so that if you mouse over them an ad will pop up. They offer an optional tag that the site can provide which will allow you to opt out of it so you can effectively disable it (until you clear your cookies in which case you'd have to opt out again). Since the advertiser is paying the site either way, it seems like the site owners would provide the opt out method. I only had the issue with pages loading slow for a couple of days so maybe the script was newly implemented and having some issues.

'69 Camaro
Dart 400-AFR 195-224/224 HR-Powerjection III TB with F.A.S.T. Sportsman XFI
TKO 600-Moser 3.42-Detroit Truetrac
500hp/538lbft

'69 Camaro Beater-SFT 327-M20-Moser 4.10-sold
'02 Z/28 vert-stock-sold and totaled
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old Oct 21st, 10, 10:14 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Matt

just did the following test...I am lifetime member so I am suppose to see less adds. I logged out and stared browsing the threads as guest. Wow, quite the different world. Certainly a hole more adds. The two big ones on top of each page do take a little time to load. But I have to say that overall speed was slower but certainly not slow.

Matt

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode