Unable to correctly answer spam question - Team Camaro Tech
Camaros.net Site Help Discussion Website questions, comments, suggestions and tech help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old Nov 25th, 10, 04:38 PM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Randy

Exclamation Unable to correctly answer spam question

hello,

I was unable to correctly answer spam question to send a email to whom ever looks after membership subscriptions.If you are that person or know of could you please forward my message.

I have renewed a membership about two or three months ago, and since then I have received two other member's memberships plus my own.

the members that I have received the letter and stickers,magnet ect, are Arturo Guerrero and Edgar Tomax.

Many thanks

Randy Simpson

69 Z/28 Hugger Orange/Deluxe/comfort weave interior / #'s matching ,nut & bolt restoration

69 Z/28 10 10 car,Original look with a few upgrades, Zl1, TKO 600,Currently in the works.

7o Z/28 Mulsanne blue, Original drive train,4:10,4-speed,standard steering,one owner, Canadain documented car.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old Nov 25th, 10, 05:13 PM
Senior Tech
Kurt

Re: Unable to correctly answer spam question

I was surprised a couple of months ago with a auto renewal that I did not authorize. And at the rate this site sponsors manage this site it may be my last.

Since then I have received my thank you magnet and sticker package
and just recently I received Mike Jones as well.

Kurt
1969RS 14yrs into it.
383CID Lives
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
200R4 Trans, 3:42 Posi 12 Bolt Ready
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Cold ones in the fridge. Dam, there gone. BRB

Getting closer to my goal.

post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old Nov 26th, 10, 12:32 AM
Senior Tech
John

Kurt, when you joined or renewed in the past, you authorized an auto renewal. It was probably in the fine print of the transaction. Go back in their billing system...log in and turn that auto renewal off.

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old Nov 26th, 10, 02:33 AM
Senior Tech
Kurt

In my case its all taken care of with 1yr remainder of membership.

Kurt
1969RS 14yrs into it.
383CID Lives
200R4 Trans, 3:42 Posi 12 Bolt Ready

Cold ones in the fridge. Dam, there gone. BRB

Getting closer to my goal.

post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old Nov 26th, 10, 06:42 AM
Administrator
Don

Re: Reported Post by simer341

Thanks for posting this Randy. We'll pass along the info.

Best... Don
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old Nov 26th, 10, 07:40 AM
Retired
Jim

Guys, always bring SITE issues to the SITE section down below Bench, Welcome Wagon isnt a place for it. thanks

Click..is Jim..former owner of a 69RS-LM1 350/255 - 700r
"There will come a time when you believe everything is finished,
That will be the beginning." Louis L'Amour
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old Nov 26th, 10, 12:17 PM
Senior Tech
Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by click View Post
Guys, always bring SITE issues to the SITE section down below Bench, Welcome Wagon isnt a place for it. thanks
Bring them to the SITE section where there can be by and large ignored...https://www.camaros.net/forums/showthread.php?t=187677

post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old Nov 26th, 10, 12:31 PM
Retired
Jim

Al they are not being ignored, we all read them and discuss in the back room and ask The Don about them too. When Al babysat the site 24/7 and caused his health meltdown, he was more active and aggressive on alot of things. New ownership changed that but certaintly we dont ignore suggestions.
That was not really called for.

Click..is Jim..former owner of a 69RS-LM1 350/255 - 700r
"There will come a time when you believe everything is finished,
That will be the beginning." Louis L'Amour
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old Nov 26th, 10, 03:50 PM
Senior Tech
Al

Sorry Jim - when the post sat there for 2 weeks w/o a response from a mod I assumed it was being ignored. My bad.

post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old Nov 26th, 10, 04:05 PM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Randy

Thumbs up Re: Unable to correctly answer spam question

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPOS View Post
Bring them to the SITE section where there can be by and large ignored...https://www.camaros.net/forums/showthread.php?t=187677

My bad, will do if the need arises.

Thanks Randy

69 Z/28 Hugger Orange/Deluxe/comfort weave interior / #'s matching ,nut & bolt restoration

69 Z/28 10 10 car,Original look with a few upgrades, Zl1, TKO 600,Currently in the works.

7o Z/28 Mulsanne blue, Original drive train,4:10,4-speed,standard steering,one owner, Canadain documented car.
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old Nov 26th, 10, 06:21 PM
DjD
Retired
Dennis

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPOS View Post
Sorry Jim - when the post sat there for 2 weeks w/o a response from a mod I assumed it was being ignored. My bad.
Al this is a subject that was beat to death at one point and Al (the former site owner) installed and introduced the "blog" area for everyone that wanted to document a project. It went over like a led balloon...

The problem with a project is to one guy it might be installing a radio and fits well in interior or maybe the electrical forum depending on how it's approached. To the next guy it might be a complete start to finish build. The reason for the forums has always been a place for questions and answers which is why Al worked so hard to not let the forums get taken over by anything but tech questions and answers. He built a classified section, the tech reference area and blogs for selling, tech and how to articles and projects...

Now lets FF to current times; no moderator or administrator here has the ability to make a site change if we wanted to. Any changes to the site have to be AutoForums approved and made. Everything that is posted here in the Site Discussion forum gets brought up in the back room where TheDon is able to read what the mods are talking about and from there it is out of our hands.

Please keep in mind the moderators are not paid and are not on a schedule or even required to put in online time. We try to help out when we have time and often it means not replying back even though it's been broug up in the back room... Reality is it's not the moderators and administrators site, when Al owned it he was very hands on and everything posted in the Site Discussion forum got his attention, all the mods had to do is make sure the threads got put in the forum so he saw them which is what Jim was doing...

Everyone may not know this but Randy did report the thread after he posted and that prompted TheDon to reply... I would suggest maybe this be a good practice for threads posted in this forum. It generates a new thread in the back room where it will get additional attention...

Hope all this helps,

...Dennis

"Don't take life so serious, you won't get out alive..."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode