Why don't ANY of the new forum suggestions get implemented? - Team Camaro Tech
Camaros.net Site Help Discussion Website questions, comments, suggestions and tech help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 31 (permalink) Old Jan 15th, 11, 10:01 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
John

Why don't ANY of the new forum suggestions get implemented?

I've seen plenty of good suggestions for new forums and ZERO action on anything.

Time for new management? What gives?

John
Camaro Purgatory

67 BB Vert - in pieces
67 RS SS - in pieces (but less than before)
67 Pieces - in pieces
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 31 (permalink) Old Jan 15th, 11, 10:55 AM
Senior Tech
John

Re: Why don't ANY of the new forum suggestions get implemented?

Yep.
post #3 of 31 (permalink) Old Jan 15th, 11, 11:08 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
BILL

is their a special section for forum suggestion?
throw us an idea of what your talking about...eg?

BILL D.
JOHN 3:16
SEMPER FI
if you have a bbc in your 1st gen 67-69 camaro click on the link below and enjoy the veiw and post yours up!!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

if you have an all original 1st gen camaro 67-69 click on the link below and enjoy the veiw and post your up!!

post #4 of 31 (permalink) Old Jan 15th, 11, 11:14 AM
DjD
Retired
Dennis

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by sci-flyer View Post
I've seen plenty of good suggestions for new forums and ZERO action on anything.

Time for new management? What gives?
Who are you addressing this too, the forum Moderators or the owners of the site?

For the record the site has been corporate owned for over 2 years... The hours it took the previous owner and his family to take care of the site put him in the hospital and almost killed him.

The corporation doesn't have anyone on it's "paid staff" that even hangs out on the site or that has any knowledge of Camaros. They own dozens of forum sites and the only changes we can expect are ones that can be made on every site.

What changes exactly are you looking to see? If it's adding new forums what are they for that the subject doesn't fit in what we already have? More forums just mean more places for folks to post in the wrong place, the moderators move enough threads around every day as it is. More graphics, avatars and sig photos, that's been beat to death with polls etc and the majority here are opposed to the clutter.

A face lift would be nice but for the most part when the previous owner made upgrades there were a few nice words posted thanking him but over the long haul nobody uses the new features that come with the changes...

I hope that answerd your questions, I'm not trying to be nasty by any of this, it's just an old subject...

...Dennis

"Don't take life so serious, you won't get out alive..."
post #5 of 31 (permalink) Old Jan 15th, 11, 11:14 AM
Guess

New management, or new ownership?
There's a huge difference ya know.

Suggestions ARE listened to by management (mods), and ARE presented to the ownership (AutoForums).
Ideas and suggestions are kicked around by management (mods) before being presented to the ownship (AutoForums). Then it's up to the ownership to implement them. It's their decision as to when or IF it gets implemented at all.

We hear you guys! We're on your side!

post #6 of 31 (permalink) Old Jan 15th, 11, 11:16 AM
Guess

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPARKY69 View Post
is their a special section for forum suggestion?
throw us an idea of what your talking about...eg?
Site Discussion Website questions, comments, suggestions and tech help.

post #7 of 31 (permalink) Old Jan 15th, 11, 12:01 PM
Senior Tech
Steps

Quote:
Which ones?
In whos opinion?
That is a very wide sweepig , unpersific statement with no substance.

My Spelling is not incorrect...it is creative

post #8 of 31 (permalink) Old Jan 15th, 11, 01:43 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
John

Ok, if not the management, how about the ownership. Whoever is is in charge of implementing changes on the website.

Separate Forum For "Build" Threads
https://www.camaros.net/forums/showthread.php?t=187677

Separate forum for "Repro Parts"
https://www.camaros.net/forums/showthread.php?t=188157
They have one in First Gen Firebirds too
http://firstgenfirebird.org/forums/u...oard=20&page=1

Avatars - Hotrodders, Jalopy Journal, Corvette Forum,V8 Buick Forum, etc. have them without issues.

Snow Flakes on the Forum
https://www.camaros.net/forums/showth...ighlight=forum

Forum dedicated to best of best suppliers
https://www.camaros.net/forums/showthread.php?t=153449

Do It Yourself "DIY" Section added to Camaros.net forum?
https://www.camaros.net/forums/showthread.php?t=155681

How about an 'In Memorium' forum like at the Corvette Forum.

In loving memory of lost CorvetteForum Brothers and Sisters
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/in-l...d-sisters-146/

Maybe it's time to take back the forum from the current ownership or possibly a Camaros.net 2.0?

John
Camaro Purgatory

67 BB Vert - in pieces
67 Pieces - in pieces
post #9 of 31 (permalink) Old Jan 15th, 11, 02:12 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Chris

It appears most of those questions have been answered already and put to bed! it might be a little late for the snow but maybe next year! We have all the appropriate posting areas on the site that anyone would require! The requests made and support for them by members seem to speak to their usefulness with members.

67 RSSS Van Nuys, 4th week Sept,1966
ps,tilt,headrest,spd warn,pw,am/fm,delux int,
remote mirror,rear defrost,tint glass.etc...
TKO 600 Extreme,12bolt 3:73 gears.

Last edited by 67RSSS; Jan 15th, 11 at 05:18 PM.
post #10 of 31 (permalink) Old Jan 15th, 11, 03:35 PM
DjD
Retired
Dennis

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by sci-flyer View Post
Ok, if not the management, how about the ownership. Whoever is is in charge of implementing changes on the website.

Separate Forum For "Build" Threads
https://www.camaros.net/forums/showthread.php?t=187677

Separate forum for "Repro Parts"
https://www.camaros.net/forums/showthread.php?t=188157
They have one in First Gen Firebirds too
http://firstgenfirebird.org/forums/u...oard=20&page=1

Avatars - Hotrodders, Jalopy Journal, Corvette Forum,V8 Buick Forum, etc. have them without issues.

Snow Flakes on the Forum
https://www.camaros.net/forums/showth...ighlight=forum

Forum dedicated to best of best suppliers
https://www.camaros.net/forums/showthread.php?t=153449

Do It Yourself "DIY" Section added to Camaros.net forum?
https://www.camaros.net/forums/showthread.php?t=155681

How about an 'In Memorium' forum like at the Corvette Forum.

In loving memory of lost CorvetteForum Brothers and Sisters
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/in-l...d-sisters-146/

Maybe it's time to take back the forum from the current ownership or possibly a Camaros.net 2.0?
Well it kinda sounds like you want this site to be just like other forums you visit. There is nothing wrong with any of the ideas, I'll comment in a sec... As for taking back the site, you can't buy something that is not for sale and any kind of takeover would be illegal as the site belongs to it's owners. Starting it over it has been done, about a year ago 3 brand new forums sprang forth, some out of discontent others just for the sake of change... If you were to visit any of the 3 you won't find a dozen folks logged in at any given time and that's not a bad reflection on the folks that run the sites. Something makes this place work and none of the 3 others really hit the mark!

Now let's address your list...

Separate Forum For "Build" Threads - Al the former owner gave the folks here their own personal Blog space and there are also personal photo albums... What better place to post a build, went over like a lead baloon!

Separate forum for "Repro Parts" - Ever see the sites parts review area? https://www.camaros.net/reviews/

Avatars - addressed in my first reply

Snow Flakes on the Forum - nice winter touch and I miss the "holiday" banner logo's but that was an Al thing, not sure it's something that needs to be carried over since he is gone (just me).

Forum dedicated to best of best suppliers - did you miss all the supporting vendor forums? Also let me bring up the review area again... https://www.camaros.net/reviews/

Do It Yourself "DIY" Section added to Camaros.net forum? isn't that what all the tech forums are really all about? Exchanging info to help each other resolve issues... There is also the blog area where you can post how you did something if that was more what you wanted... here's an example;
https://www.camaros.net/forums/blog.php?b=153

How about an 'In Memorium' forum like at the Corvette Forum. - Nice touch but why copy their idea? We have "Bench Racing" and folks post of others passing, sick etc in there quite often.

No idea or suggestion is a bad one but often it's only 1 or 2 of the hundreds here that really want something. That has to be concidered in the over all equation here as well... This site's core audience / membership is 40 and older based on the many threads about age that have been started in the past. Bling and fluff are not everyones preference so the site webmaster has to look at what's good for the whole not just one or two...

Don't forget the corporate ownership thing I touched on earlier. There are protocols to be followed in the corporate environment and when there is a change to be made it takes months before it will be handled...

I think we all get your frustration to some degree, it's just this site is no longer run by someone that has a Camaro in the garage and comes home from a day of work, kisses his wife, cracks open a cold one and logs on to see what's up and what he can do to make the site better!

...Dennis

"Don't take life so serious, you won't get out alive..."
post #11 of 31 (permalink) Old Jan 15th, 11, 04:45 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Michael Gekko

I will say that the moderators and Administrators do an excellent job for the membership. As someone who has been a moderator of a message forum, and current Admin of another, I can tell you the task of keeping a site clean and working properly is extremely time consuming.
Lots of us don't check in to the site for days or weeks, the mods and admins probably check several times per day, almost every day.

But of course that's what they get paid the big bucks for.

1968 Camaro NHRA/IHRA SS/C 'Super Stocker' 396/Jerico
1968 Street/Strip Camaro 350 w/PG
1968 Caprice NHRA/IHRA Stock ELiminator O/SA 327-250 HP

Land of the Free Because of the Brave

It Takes a Long Time to Grow Old Friends
post #12 of 31 (permalink) Old Jan 15th, 11, 05:25 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Chris

All they have to concentrate on now is ridding the forums of whinners and constant complainers that seek attention and offer little else in return.Peope are free to start their own or leave if they are not satisfied and may taylor their forums as they see fit. They will soon relize what is involved and more than likley give up or just become stagnate as others have found. There are many websites available to the camaro enthusiast each with their own pros and cons to meet individual preference. Find the one that best suits your requirements and be glad you did.

67 RSSS Van Nuys, 4th week Sept,1966
ps,tilt,headrest,spd warn,pw,am/fm,delux int,
remote mirror,rear defrost,tint glass.etc...
TKO 600 Extreme,12bolt 3:73 gears.

Last edited by 67RSSS; Jan 15th, 11 at 07:42 PM.
post #13 of 31 (permalink) Old Jan 15th, 11, 06:14 PM
Retired
Jim

Dennis did a great job of reviewing the processes involved when new ownership took over. We of course miss Al and Dot but their health and lives are worth more than any website that eats up 26 hours a day of their time. Speaking for just myself, I spend between 1 and 2 hours a day in Team Camaro. I read alot, I enjoy learning all topics. I post alot of photos if I have some that might help others. I follow folks problems with kitchen sinks, dogs, girlfriend or wives. We mods do banter alot in the backroom when we have issues to deal with. When AutoForums took over, we all got our pay tripled, from $0 to $0 . I have been a mod since 2002, Dennis and Joe and David and Bill were around long before me. I think we have the finest auto site around. Its really home for me online since my Camaro is my only hobby. If suggestions are valid, they get Mod time in the back room but for the most part, nearly every stage of any resto can be covered in the sections we have now. I find that most members agree and enjoy the site as much as I do for the results speak for themselves. Happy members

Click..is Jim..former owner of a 69RS-LM1 350/255 - 700r
"There will come a time when you believe everything is finished,
That will be the beginning." Louis L'Amour
post #14 of 31 (permalink) Old Jan 15th, 11, 11:19 PM
Senior Tech
Steps

Quote:
I see a lot of not "good suggestions", which basically dup[icate what is already in existance, bulk up and confuse potentual posthings, bulk up admin/mod volunteer work.
The Xmas theme...hell Im ran out of time to re code my web sites/forums for the 1st time in 8 yrs this yre...so shoot /fire me to....none of the members complained, the Christmas wishes went around just the same....ands did so here too.

Quote:
Time for new management?
To even suiggest that a change of management on such a basis very poorly thought thru and is totally stupid.
The management and administration of a dynamic web site is a lot of time and hard work.... I know because have been doing both so for over 12 yrs now...(not here so my opinion is objective). The management of this site is well above ave overall...
To suggest to fire the current management on th basis you suggest well stupid.
And to suggest doing so without putting forward and alternative, let alone an alternative, is about as silly as sugesting The US would be better of becoming part of Mexico under their administration....

Hmmmmm.....maybe?????

just joking

I jhave spent most of my lifetime on Committees, School Board ofTrustees, It neverfails yo get up my nose, people who flipantly suggest things, critical of hanned without any thought of future alternative....hell 99.9% of th time they are not prepared or commiitted enough to put the bloody time in let alone have the forsight or the ablity to do so.
In this country we call them blowhards.

My Spelling is not incorrect...it is creative

post #15 of 31 (permalink) Old Jan 16th, 11, 03:17 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
John

If you bothered to read my second post, it should be to replace whatever is the obstacle to new forum creation. You don't seem to be enjoying your work here or maybe you have too many irons in the fire. I never said to 'fire' anyone, but it does appear that some have too many other things to do.

I never singled out anyone specifically, but it appears that you have taken great offense to my statement and don't take criticism very well either I see.

I've been to NZ before and never found anyone to be as uptight as you, unless someone was trying to steal their sheep.....or their Camaro.

Don't take it too personally.

Here's another suggestion that never materialized:

Recruiting new members - Question to Admin/Site Owners

https://www.camaros.net/forums/showthread.php?t=165022

John
Camaro Purgatory

67 BB Vert - in pieces
67 Pieces - in pieces

Last edited by sci-flyer; Jan 16th, 11 at 04:12 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode