Sorry for the Snake story - Team Camaro Tech
Camaros.net Site Help Discussion Website questions, comments, suggestions and tech help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old Apr 18th, 11, 09:00 AM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Matt

Sorry for the Snake story

Well my super snake ford cobra story/thread is gone. I assume it got yanked because it fell under the no street racing rule. Sorry, not intentional. Matt.

Matt

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old Apr 18th, 11, 09:50 AM
Team Member
Jerry R.

Re: Sorry for the Snake story

Now go stand in the corner

my Magnaflow X-pipe system sound clip, click the link

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old Apr 18th, 11, 09:58 AM
Senior Tech
Terry

I liked your snake story. I actually felt the rumble of your open exhaust while reading what happened.

Both optimists and pessimists contribute to society. The optimist invents the automobile, the pessimist seat belts, head rests, disc brakes, and air bags.

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old Apr 18th, 11, 10:26 AM
Senior Tech
John

Don't worry about it Matt. I read the post and did feel it was not appropriate under the rules and regs of this site. I hope you meet him at the track one day. Cool?
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old Apr 18th, 11, 02:45 PM
____

Garage
Send a message via MSN to DOUG G

Hey.... worse thing can happen

68 Camaro~LSx ~all motor
1.54 60'--6.95 @ 98.45 660'--10.96 @ 121.53
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old Apr 20th, 11, 05:39 AM
Senior Tech
Paul

It wasn't bad. Some people are just weak and still wet behind the ears.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old Apr 20th, 11, 06:28 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1969 RS/SS DROPTOP View Post
It wasn't bad. Some people are just weak and still wet behind the ears.
Well then at the age of 65 I must be one of those who are "weak and still wet behind the ears," because I, for one, reported the post.

I don't want to see this site cluttered up with "kill" stories, street racing and other glorifications of illegal and dangerous conduct on the road. The only possible direction for the original post was escalating recitations of similar incidents.

I've certainly done my share of illegal and dangerous things on the road during my 49 years of driving, but I don't feel the need to share my own gross stupidity with others and certainly don't want to offer that gross stupidity up as an example to others.

Let me put the "weak and still wet behind the ears" shoe on the other foot: Perhaps if you're so insecure about the car you drive that you need to prove to perfect strangers that your car may be faster, your should instead seek counselling to improve your obviously low self-esteem.

Mike - '68 Camaro with lots of stuff done to it.

post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old Apr 20th, 11, 09:05 AM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Matt

Had no idea it was 65 year old tattle teller that reported me. I just thought one of the admins came across the thread and yanked it. Yes, I certainly read a lot of stuff on here that I know is going to get yanked as soon an admin/mediator comes across it, BUT I can't say I've ever ran to the principal and told on people....well maybe a couple times in 3rd grade.

For the record, I never broke the speed limit that night, or raced. I am sure I broke the local noise ordinance though.

All good, no hard feelings

Matt

post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old Apr 20th, 11, 09:19 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
John

Wink Re: Sorry for the Snake story

Quote:
Originally Posted by zlek131 View Post
... BUT I can't say I've ever ran to the principal and told on people....well maybe a couple times in 3rd grade.

... All good, no hard feelings

I have - twice this week

And I agree with Mike fully
I don't like post that go against the sites rules - period ...

This sites stated objective and purpose is to discuss, and get help on, our favorite vehicles, I'd like to keep it that way
If I want to read the 'other' stuff, there's plenty of out-of-control boards on the web to do that ...
I support the Admins by letting them know when I see something that I feel doesn't seem to fit the rules. They don't always agree and I respect that - that's their job - and I don't want to do it

I missed the thread, but read the Admins note.
I'm glad you came back to clarify, it explains a lot and says good things about you.

As always JMHO's

1968 Convertible
Some trucks

Other V8 things - some of which float

Other V6 things - none of which float

Oh yeah, and 1 "Straight-Six" ...

If a man says something in the garage - and his wife can't hear him - is he still wrong !!!
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old Apr 20th, 11, 09:24 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by zlek131 View Post
Had no idea it was 65 year old tattle teller that reported me. I just thought one of the admins came across the thread and yanked it. Yes, I certainly read a lot of stuff on here that I know is going to get yanked as soon an admin/mediator comes across it, BUT I can't say I've ever ran to the principal and told on people....well maybe a couple times in 3rd grade.

For the record, I never broke the speed limit that night, or raced. I am sure I broke the local noise ordinance though.

All good, no hard feelings
Sorry you feel that reporting an inappropriate post is 3rd grade tattling. I consider it being a responsible adult.

Different strokes for different folks, I guess.

Mike - '68 Camaro with lots of stuff done to it.

post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old Apr 20th, 11, 10:03 AM
Senior Tech
MARSHALL

Probably yanked cuz open exhaust on the street is annoying to everyone but high schooler's.
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old Apr 20th, 11, 01:03 PM
____

Garage
Send a message via MSN to DOUG G

Yes, I'm sure nobody went by a buddies house, by another Camaro,Ford product,Mopar product,ect....... and rev'd it some.....My horn doesn't work sooooo LOL

68 Camaro~LSx ~all motor
1.54 60'--6.95 @ 98.45 660'--10.96 @ 121.53
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old Apr 20th, 11, 01:20 PM
DjD
Retired
Dennis

Garage

First it's no big deal to have a post edited or deleted unless it happens over and over and that is why other than the short note the moderators typically don't follow up with a PM. Second the moderators appreciate hearing from the membership and there is no shame is reporting a post. Even with many moderators we can't cover and review every post in the forums here. My guess is about 80% of what gets edited or deleted was because members reported it.

Street racing and kill stories are not allowed here, the one that was deleted was about trying real hard to get the other guy to race, that's just as bad as a story about an actual race. We all take chances from time to time and we all have done stupid things and gotten lucky. Then again we've all heard the storys of those not so lucky on the street. I witnessed an axle go through the front door of a restrauant some 60 feet from where the car was when things let go! 20 minutes earlier there was a line of people standing in the doorway!! That could have easily been a childs bedroom window as someone does a burnout down an empty street.

That's one side of it, someone can get hurt or die. Another side of it is when most of us were kids and raising hell if something happened it was looked on as an accident in the public's eyes. Today you can be charged with man-slaughter if someone dies because of something you do in your vehicle! That puts how you operate your car in line with how you operate a firearm in the eyes of the law. This site has always taken the high road with respect to doing the right thing and will continue to do so.

Not trying to lecture everyone with this so I'll leave it at that...

...Dennis

"Don't take life so serious, you won't get out alive..."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode