There are WAY TOO MANY CATEGORIES ! - Team Camaro Tech
Camaros.net Site Help Discussion Website questions, comments, suggestions and tech help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 29 (permalink) Old Oct 22nd, 11, 04:46 AM Thread Starter
Banned
Bethanne

There are WAY TOO MANY CATEGORIES !

Maybe it's just me, but traffic on this website is down.

Maybe it's the economy, I don't know.

But ever since they screwed with this website several weeks ago, expanding the categories; it just isn't as good IMHO.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 29 (permalink) Old Oct 22nd, 11, 05:25 AM
Kevin

Re: There are WAY TOO MANY CATEGORIES !

Beth, I normally just hit the new posts button, that way I can see what is new. That way is easier and it does not matter how many catagories there are. But I do miss the old logo on the swag

Kevin

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 29 (permalink) Old Oct 22nd, 11, 05:34 AM
Admin/Super Moderator
Brian

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinW View Post
Beth, I normally just hit the new posts button, that way I can see what is new. That way is easier and it does not matter how many catagories there are. But I do miss the old logo on the swag
What did I miss? What old logo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nashville Beth View Post

But ever since they screwed with this website several weeks ago, expanding the categories; it just isn't as good IMHO.

Yeah Beth I like variety, and I do like some of the breakout forums they added but I'm finding that most days I never get off the today's post screen and dive in deeper to any given section any more. Just not enough time in the day to explore. Have to hustle to keep my head above water in this economy.

But I think with time the site traffic will increase again and there will be something for everyone. The Generations after ours also have many decent forums such as nastyz and we do have other choices as first gen owners, but TC still covers the best range of topics and offers the most seasoned advisers around.

So IMHO just sit back and let some time help settle the dust and see what new forums survive - I suspect a few will just dry out new post wise and be forgotten. And once the elections are over see if folks then have some faith in the future and start spending again. Then the number of how to posts should return to normal. Or so I would hope.

1969 Z11 Pace Car - L48 350cid/300hp - 4 Speed Muncie 12 bolt rear.

Super Moderator Team Camaro
to send me a private message

post #4 of 29 (permalink) Old Oct 22nd, 11, 08:08 AM
DjD
Retired
Dennis

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nashville Beth View Post

I'm sorry you feel that way over the changes. The site only gained 3 new forums (Tips & Tricks, Non-Camaro Tech and Build Projects). everything else is the same. The groups the forums are in were renamed and some forums moved around in an effort to help define the site.

This has always been a 1st gen site but forums like performance, trouble shooting and such get way too many "all generation" posts so those forums that work for all generations are grouped together. The first gen only forums have been grouped together as well.

There is another benefit to the groups and that is at the main forum page www.camaros.net/forums each group has a switch (up and down arrows to the right on the red bar the group name is on) that lets you hide or display each group.

Maybe that will make your personal experience here better, the changes were intended to pull the site together as it had been 3 years since anything had been updated.

As for the traffic here, it's been on a downward trend for the past 3 years...

...Dennis

"Don't take life so serious, you won't get out alive..."
post #5 of 29 (permalink) Old Oct 22nd, 11, 08:19 AM
Senior Tech
Steve

Quote:
Beth, I normally just hit the new posts button, that way I can see what is new. That way is easier and it does not matter how many catagories there are.
Me 2

69 Pace Car and 69 Hard top
post #6 of 29 (permalink) Old Oct 22nd, 11, 08:36 AM
Kevin

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69-Pace View Post
What did I miss? What old logo?
You used to be able to get the original logo (still on the top of the page) on shirts, decals, etc. The new decals were generic when I signed up for lifetime. Glad I got some when they were having the closeout sale.

Kevin

post #7 of 29 (permalink) Old Oct 22nd, 11, 09:55 AM
Senior Tech
John

I agree, I normally peruse the new posts button. Spend some time in off topic just to read nonsense. I wonder why the traffic has been down???
post #8 of 29 (permalink) Old Oct 22nd, 11, 10:43 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Andrew

Quote:
You used to be able to get the original logo (still on the top of the page) on shirts, decals, etc. The new decals were generic when I signed up for lifetime. Glad I got some when they were having the closeout sale.
After I sent my $$ up for lifetime membership I got nothing. Discussing it on the thread at the time yielded no results either. But, in the big picture of life, it really doesn't matter.

I too have noticed less postings, but you guys still come through when I pose a question.

Skunk Works
302DZ, M22W Muncie, GV overdrive,12-Bolt Rear 3.73
Some photos:

Member # 159
post #9 of 29 (permalink) Old Oct 22nd, 11, 10:47 AM
Team Member
Jerry R.

I'm still amazed Beth came out of "Off Topic" to notice
JK Beth

my Magnaflow X-pipe system sound clip, click the link

post #10 of 29 (permalink) Old Oct 22nd, 11, 11:00 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
John

Talking Re: There are WAY TOO MANY CATEGORIES !

What's "Off Topic"

1968 Convertible
Some trucks

Other V8 things - some of which float

Other V6 things - none of which float

Oh yeah, and 1 "Straight-Six" ...

If a man says something in the garage - and his wife can't hear him - is he still wrong !!!
post #11 of 29 (permalink) Old Oct 22nd, 11, 12:34 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Kevin

Quote:
Originally Posted by X33D80 View Post
After I sent my $$ up for lifetime membership I got nothing.
I guess us Gold Members don't count. I never got anything for signing us as a Gold Member but I guess you figure the postage, printing and keeping track of things has a cost factor the new owners. Its no longer about promoting " Team Camaro" it's about pop-up adds and garbage. No products are available for purchase either. Too bad this was too much on Al and Dot.....

Kev
post #12 of 29 (permalink) Old Oct 22nd, 11, 04:19 PM Thread Starter
Banned
Bethanne

Well I probably sounded too critical.
I did like the way things were organized before, but I'm old and don't like to change
post #13 of 29 (permalink) Old Oct 22nd, 11, 05:26 PM
RSS
Gold Lifetime Member
Rick

Quote:
Originally Posted by X33D80 View Post
After I sent my $$ up for lifetime membership I got nothing.
Same here, and it's not really about the stickers or the "care package", it's simply the principle of the matter. TheDon was absolutely no help at all and trying to get results was like communicating with a box of rocks; lesson learned.

It takes a fool or an idiot to first criticize! It takes a wise and intelligent man to first ask why!

1969 coupe under going restification (Almost Done!)
post #14 of 29 (permalink) Old Oct 23rd, 11, 04:10 AM
Senior Tech
Brian

Quote:
Beth, I normally just hit the new posts button, that way I can see what is new.
x3

Experience...... It's what you get when you didn't get what you wanted.
post #15 of 29 (permalink) Old Oct 23rd, 11, 04:15 AM
Senior Tech
Brian

Quote:
Beth, I normally just hit the new posts button, that way I can see what is new. (
x3

Experience...... It's what you get when you didn't get what you wanted.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode