What is up with the Grey Font? - Team Camaro Tech
Camaros.net Site Help Discussion Website questions, comments, suggestions and tech help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old Dec 21st, 11, 11:41 PM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Mike

What is up with the Grey Font?

Does anyone else have grey font displayed in all the threads instead of black or is it just me all of a sudden?

Grandma, 69.5, Z/28 Finally Done! Well almost...

My Build Thread

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old Dec 22nd, 11, 01:14 AM
Senior Tech
Jim

Re: What is up with the Grey Font?

Just you
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old Dec 22nd, 11, 02:14 AM
Guess

Not I

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old Dec 22nd, 11, 03:02 AM
Senior Tech
John

nor I
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old Dec 22nd, 11, 03:48 AM
Senior Tech
Brian

Me, either.

Experience...... It's what you get when you didn't get what you wanted.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old Dec 22nd, 11, 05:18 AM
Senior Tech
Brian

I have the font on both of my computers.
PITA

I have owned 3 69 Z/28s: Garnet Red 30,000 mi unrestored.
Glacier Blue, documented Canadian Z
Rallye Green purchased new in 1969
1968 Camaro Coupe L30 275 horse. ]
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old Dec 22nd, 11, 06:14 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Sonny

Garage

I also have the grey font, started happening yesterday...

1969 Z28 (Sold)
1970 Z28 (Sold)
1970 RS Z28 Camaro (Green)

post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old Dec 22nd, 11, 06:17 AM
Admin/Super Moderator
Brian

Garage

Still Black here

1969 Z11 Pace Car - L48 350cid/300hp - 4 Speed Muncie 12 bolt rear.

Super Moderator Team Camaro
to send me a private message
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old Dec 22nd, 11, 06:36 AM
Senior Tech
Nick

it seems only the Canadians have the problem
I'm having a problem reading anything with out my glasses

67 rs/ss 350 original eng,700r4, a/c, tilt, deluxe int,strato bench,Ca.emission,front disk,am/fm,floor clock,17" W/V Ralleys,Toyo T1S 255/40/17, 245/40/17
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old Dec 22nd, 11, 07:37 AM
Guess

There's a bunch of things going on behind the scenes at the site(s) right now, so don't be surprised if tomorrow the font changes to Book Antiqua in purple.

post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old Dec 22nd, 11, 07:40 AM
Senior Tech
Kevin

Mike I had it happen yesterday to my smart phone and all my computers as well for me it seems to be tied to my browsers JavaScript, I just worked around it. Here is how if your using Firefox, go into tools, options, content, and remove the check-mark from the "Enable JavaScript" box then refresh your screen all your text should be black again.

If you want to check it open any page showing gray font, go through the steps above and then click the refresh page button, the script should now be black, repeat the process and the font turns gray again.

There is an issue with posting if you disable the JavaScript though you can not get your post to hold returns or spaces etc so it can still be a bit of a pain having to re-enable the Javascript to post proper and disable it to read the font correctly when you return to the forums. I'm thinking Firefox or something else updated and needs to be rolled back a version I just haven't had a lot of time lately and not enough to get this fully sorted out yet.

Kevin.

My 68's resurrection thread

post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old Dec 22nd, 11, 08:40 AM
Admin/Super Moderator
Brian

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shandara View Post
Mike I had it happen yesterday to my smart phone and all my computers as well for me it seems to be tied to my browsers JavaScript, I just worked around it. Here is how if your using Firefox, go into tools, options, content, and remove the check-mark from the "Enable JavaScript" box then refresh your screen all your text should be black again.

If you want to check it open any page showing gray font, go through the steps above and then click the refresh page button, the script should now be black, repeat the process and the font turns gray again.

There is an issue with posting if you disable the JavaScript though you can not get your post to hold returns or spaces etc so it can still be a bit of a pain having to re-enable the Javascript to post proper and disable it to read the font correctly when you return to the forums. I'm thinking Firefox or something else updated and needs to be rolled back a version I just haven't had a lot of time lately and not enough to get this fully sorted out yet.

Kevin.
SUN just pushed out an Java update last week so its starting to be installed on many machines if you have Java updates turned on in control panel. You can shut off the updates, and then remove the recent update in add/remove programs.

1969 Z11 Pace Car - L48 350cid/300hp - 4 Speed Muncie 12 bolt rear.

Super Moderator Team Camaro
to send me a private message
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old Dec 22nd, 11, 09:23 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
John

Talking Re: What is up with the Grey Font?

Everything seems just fine on my end

1968 Convertible
Some trucks

Other V8 things - some of which float

Other V6 things - none of which float

Oh yeah, and 1 "Straight-Six" ...

If a man says something in the garage - and his wife can't hear him - is he still wrong !!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode