scammers - Team Camaro Tech
Camaros.net Site Help Discussion Website questions, comments, suggestions and tech help.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old Mar 8th, 12, 08:14 PM Thread Starter
Paul

scammers

Is there a section on this website to inform the good members of this site about scammers? There is a member on this site that has scammed people on here and is now going by a different username. He gets banned and has been banned from this site and uses a new username so he can rip people off again. I would think people would want to be informed that he is back here and has a new username. He has scammed me and I know I would want to be informed so it doesn't happen again.
Thank You
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old Mar 9th, 12, 02:47 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Kevin

Re: scammers

Paul,
Best is to select CONTACT US at the bottom of your screen to send a message to ADMIN. Give a detailed message about your concerns and it will get to the proper people.

Kev
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old Mar 9th, 12, 05:08 AM
Guess

Paul... I PM'd you.
Please give the details to Dennis first.

Thanks!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old Mar 10th, 12, 05:21 AM
Guess

All, everything that can be done on our end has been implemented. The party mentioned above has been blocked from membership.

But that doesn't alleviate the issue 100%, as sneaky people can find other ways of showing up when you least expect them to.
It's up to the members to protect themselves when it comes to online transactions.

Do your homework, investigate the companies and\or people you are dealing with, do a little behind-the-scenes research, and protect yourself with secure payment methods. Keep records, save conversations, and ask for concrete confirmations before committing to any transactions. Protect yourself!
As with any type of online transaction with someone you don't know, "Buyer Beware".

post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old Mar 10th, 12, 11:57 AM Thread Starter
Paul

Ok,good. He may come back with a different username as he has done already but for now he has been stopped. I just think the best interest of the members has been taken to in to account and that is a good thing. Thanks for doing the right thing here and acknowledging the problem.
Paul
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old Mar 11th, 12, 06:14 AM
Guess

No problem Paul... we thank YOU for bringing it to everyone's attention.

post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old Mar 11th, 12, 07:19 AM
Team Member
Mule

x2, Thanks Paul and TC for keeping the bad guys out!

Mule

Buckets and piles of a 1968 SS Conv 396
-piles are getting smaller, and it started !
- got the paint on, interior is next.
- interior is about done, it's cruise'able !
- down to top,windows and a few little pieces and it's done
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old Mar 11th, 12, 07:31 AM
Senior Tech
Scottie

Thanks TC moderators! I've been scammed countless times on ebay purchasing what was claimed to be NOS. I search here first for parts and info needed as I feel I can trust most everyone on this site! It's refreshing to know the moderators are always looking out for the best interests of its memebers. Keep up the good work!
post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old Mar 11th, 12, 07:54 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Vince

Garage

Not enough people use the feedback system IMO. Paul I have been told that you were a victim of the same dolt who scammed me on a 67 console1.5 years back. I no longer buy from anyone I dont know or has no feedback.
Ebay has been better for me lately, but I've been buying parts for a 59 Pontiac. I buy from those with awesome feedback plain and simple.
It highly raises your chances of a good transaction.

And I'm traveling thru Texas within the next month or two

1967 327 4spd convertible 119K
1968 RS Z/28 04D Norwood have owned twice
1968 RS Z/28 04D Van Nuys asleep for 36 years
1969 Z/28 X33
post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old Mar 11th, 12, 07:57 AM
Senior Tech
thefley

so tell us noobs what scam is he pulling? selling parts? sending out PMs when we are looking for something? just what do we need to watch out for?

First Gen Camaro Connections on Facebook

post #11 of 23 (permalink) Old Mar 11th, 12, 07:43 PM Thread Starter
Paul

This guy will list parts for sale and then when you send him the money he tells you he has sent them.After countless messaging to him he tells you the parts are sent and then he puts you on ignore.He scammed me on the Racing Junk site and now won't answer at all.He gets around to alot of sites and rips people off and is very well known.My transaction has been going on since Oct 2011 and I am out the parts and the money.All I can say is if you ever deal with this guy be very careful.If you need more info on him,Dennis has some information I sent him as I'm sure Vince does also.
Thanks
post #12 of 23 (permalink) Old Mar 12th, 12, 04:13 AM
Guess

John Garay from Markham TX
Goes by the screen names: 67prostreetcamaro and garay77n84.
This isn't the only site he's been banned from.

post #13 of 23 (permalink) Old Mar 12th, 12, 12:03 PM Thread Starter
Paul

He was on Racing Junk under the username garayracing and now that name appears to be deleted but he has a new one under camaro427joe. This guy sure gets around,who knows what he will come up with next for usernames.
post #14 of 23 (permalink) Old Mar 12th, 12, 12:18 PM Thread Starter
Paul

Here he is again.................camaro427joe.......... NastyZ28.com forums
post #15 of 23 (permalink) Old Mar 12th, 12, 01:13 PM
Guess

Alright, thanks Paul.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode