Autoforums Attack Alert - Team Camaro Tech
Camaros.net Site Help Discussion Website questions, comments, suggestions and tech help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old Jan 31st, 13, 12:20 PM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Kevin

Autoforums Attack Alert

Have been getting intrusion alerts all from Auto-forums. See capture below.

Kev
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	attack.jpg
Views:	160
Size:	67.5 KB
ID:	32066  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old Jan 31st, 13, 01:49 PM
Guess

Re: Autoforums Atack Alert

Moving to Site Discussion

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old Jan 31st, 13, 02:37 PM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Kevin

Joe...
How are members going to be alerted about a attack going on if they have no clue ? At least in bench..they can see it. I just don't understand how this helps members being hidden away in site dissection.

Kev

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old Jan 31st, 13, 02:55 PM
DjD
Retired
Dennis

Garage

Everyone can see it here and this is the only forum that gets monitored by the Auto forums Tech Support! Joe left it so there is a visable link forwarded to this thread from bench and has reported it from in the back room as well!

...Dennis

"Don't take life so serious, you won't get out alive..."
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old Jan 31st, 13, 04:21 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Todd

Funny (well not really....) but I posted of this too. I also have Norton and has the same screen messages and reports you did. Looks like it has subsided... Wish I had the time those "virus planters" have.

'69 Frst Grn V8 Cpe-Building now!
'68 Sequoia Grn V8 Cpe--Building now!(too),
'67 White 6 Cyl Coupe Building now (three!)

'68 Conv. V8 4-spd Builder, '68 6 cyl Coupe, '75 LT350, '79 Berlinetta V6, '79 Z/28, '80 Z28, '81 Z/28, '82 Berlinetta V8,'84 T-top V6, '89 RS V8, +finally a '92 Z/28 T-top in Purple Haze Metallic--...ALL SOLD

My build thread:

post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old Jan 31st, 13, 06:16 PM
Guess

If I got paid more, I'd be a better Moderator.
Maybe.

post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old Jan 31st, 13, 06:31 PM
Administrator
John Doe

Garage

Hi everyone, I addressed this in the other thread: https://www.camaros.net/forums/showthread.php?t=216181

Thank you for the reports.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old Jan 31st, 13, 06:32 PM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Kevin

Quote:
Originally Posted by HwyStarJoe View Post
If I got paid more, I'd be a better Moderator.
Maybe.
You do just fine Joe Heck..they should double your pay !! Two times nothing is still nothing .

Kev
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old Jan 31st, 13, 06:40 PM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Kevin

Quote:
Originally Posted by DjD View Post
Everyone can see it here and this is the only forum that gets monitored by the Auto forums Tech Support! Joe left it so there is a visable link forwarded to this thread from bench and has reported it from in the back room as well!
Dennis...
Usually after a post is moved..the page like goes away shortly there after and the post is in the proper topic. If a member signed in direct to the forms and not to the front page..they would not be alerted..so I thought.I didn't know the alert link was staying in bench. Its clear what Joes intentions were and he done good Just confused the heck out of me.

Kev
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old Jan 31st, 13, 06:40 PM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Kevin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Administrator View Post
Hi everyone, I addressed this in the other thread: https://www.camaros.net/forums/showthread.php?t=216181

Thank you for the reports.
All set here...no more alerts.
Kev
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old Feb 1st, 13, 09:57 AM
DjD
Retired
Dennis

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by SixtyAte View Post
Dennis...
Usually after a post is moved..the page like goes away shortly there after and the post is in the proper topic. If a member signed in direct to the forms and not to the front page..they would not be alerted..so I thought.I didn't know the alert link was staying in bench. Its clear what Joes intentions were and he done good Just confused the heck out of me.

Kev
Hey Kev,

I think most moved threads get a 1 week redirect at minimum. There is no really good place to post an "alert" so all visiting the site see it. There are too many ways for someone to visit, they can bookmark any forum or even a thread, Going to Camaros.net gets the visitor a list of active threads (like "Todays Posts" and "New Posts" searches from the links) coming into Camaros.net/forums doesn't present any posts at all you get a list of forums to pick from.

I know there is a confusing and even panic feeling that can set in when something like this happens. Then there is the urge to help put out the fire and from most members positions the best that can be done is report the fire. When there is something to be reported the best forum to post in is this one as it gets monitored by AF techs. Note the "Camaros.net" recently added to the forum title, that was done as part of the monitoring system the AF folks put into play recently. Then to give the message the most visibility just keep the thread active. Use the "Todays Posts" link and if the thread drops to the bottom half of the page post in the thread; a simple TTT (to the top) and submit will put the thread back on top of the list.

Hope that helps for future reference...

...Dennis

"Don't take life so serious, you won't get out alive..."
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old Feb 3rd, 13, 08:08 AM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Kevin

Re: Autoforums Attack Alert

Thanks Dennis for the info.

Seems that this was one major attack. Check link below.

https://www.google.com/search?q=%20%...ient=firefox-a

http://www.bing.com/search?q=An+intr...ox&FORM=IE10SR

Kev
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode