No fabrication Forum? - Team Camaro Tech
Camaros.net Site Help Discussion Website questions, comments, suggestions and tech help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old Oct 31st, 13, 11:13 AM Thread Starter
Josh

No fabrication Forum?

I'm actually quite surprised their is no fabrication category in this forum. Just a suggestion but it would be cool to have a fabrication category to show many fab skills and share tip & tricks.

Just a Fabricator
OFF GRID ENGINEERING, LLC

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old Oct 31st, 13, 01:46 PM
DjD
Retired
Dennis

Garage
Re: No fabrication Forum?

Hi John,

If you look around you'll find a Projects forum, a Body Shop forum and a Tips and Tricks forum where lots of fabrication talk goes on...

...Dennis

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Don't take life so serious, you won't get out alive..."
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old Oct 31st, 13, 07:37 PM Thread Starter
Josh

Quote:
Originally Posted by DjD View Post
Hi John,

If you look around you'll find a Projects forum, a Body Shop forum and a Tips and Tricks forum where lots of fabrication talk goes on...

Ya I know its mostly body work but stuff isnt unique to me, I am talking about suspension and chassis design type fabrication stuff

Just a Fabricator
OFF GRID ENGINEERING, LLC

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old Oct 31st, 13, 10:05 PM
DjD
Retired
Dennis

Garage

So same list, add the Brake and Suspension forum to it... I'm not trying to come off against the suggestion you've made but nobody that uses the forums including the moderators has the access to change the site, add a forum etc. Even when I was an Administrator here I couldn't make those kinds of changes and the last time we got any changes it took me almost 2 years to get them implemented.

...Dennis

post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old Nov 1st, 13, 11:35 AM
Senior Tech
Sean

what kind of fabrication suspension wise are you looking for? I have done lots of detroit speed kit installs, and i used to have a contract building the bodies for the 67 gt 500 cars for classic recreations (they made the 9 gt 500s for Gone in 60 Seconds). There are a lot of guys on here that can show some pretty neat stuff. Just gotta ask.

1967 RS/SS Camaro 383 5 speed tremec 3.70
1967 RS/SS Camaro 383 5 speed tremec 4.10
1967 RS Camaro Convertible 327 4 speed 3.73
1969 SS Camaro 6.0 LS Twin Turbo 5 Speed 3.50
2013 ZL1 Camaro roto-fab airbox pulley swap Rest In Pieces March 27 2014
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old Nov 1st, 13, 05:38 PM
Senior Tech
Scott

Gary in the link started a thread with more involved design, engineering, machining and fabrication but continued his build on other forums more suited to skills beyond auto body. All Metal Shaping and Metalmeet are two.

Tool building to chassis and tinwork; https://www.camaros.net/forums/showth...ight=z%27+shop
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old Nov 4th, 13, 01:41 AM
Senior Tech
Jeremy

Go to pro-touring.com and lateral-g.net. The latter will have the most of what you're looking for. This site deals more with original restorations and assembling a Camaro to factory specifications. This site is an invaluable source, but its just not a great source for highly modified cars.

67 Camaro
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old Nov 5th, 13, 06:32 AM
Administrator
John Doe

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by DjD View Post
So same list, add the Brake and Suspension forum to it... I'm not trying to come off against the suggestion you've made but nobody that uses the forums including the moderators has the access to change the site, add a forum etc. Even when I was an Administrator here I couldn't make those kinds of changes and the last time we got any changes it took me almost 2 years to get them implemented.

Do you think we need to add a fabrication section of the forum or any other sections? I can create some new forums if you like.

- dm, community support
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old Nov 5th, 13, 04:02 PM
Senior Tech
Al

Fabrication applies to too many areas to be singled out. You would have too add a lot of sub-forums or create explicit rules for posting if a "fabrication" forum was created. That would just cause more work for the mods to monitor. As already mentioned, one just has to look at the specific area of interest and view the appropriate forum(s). So my vote for a "fabrication" forum is no. Also as was mentioned there are other websites better suited for fabrication involving modifications from factory designs which, based on the OPs other posts, is what he's looking for.

Al

my 67' build thread:
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old Nov 7th, 13, 07:31 AM
DjD
Retired
Dennis

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Administrator View Post
Do you think we need to add a fabrication section of the forum or any other sections? I can create some new forums if you like.

- dm, community support
I always appreciated hearing suggestions for forum changes from members. What has to be taken into consideration is if the changes fit the site personality, if a majority of members would benefit from them and if there is an abundance of material in other forums that doesn't fit well where it is, that could benefit everyone by moving it to a new forum.

dm - you should probably go into the Administration forum and talk with the moderators about forum changes.

...Dennis

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
fabrication

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode