I have a problem.... - Team Camaro Tech
Camaros.net Site Help Discussion Website questions, comments, suggestions and tech help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old Mar 4th, 15, 04:00 PM Thread Starter
Tech Team

I have a problem....

I posted a topic on here complaining about a vender. There was much discussion and a statement by the vender that they would take care of it, but at this point the issue is not clearly resolved. A moderator on this site closed the discussion saying that it had been resolved. Also a PM was sent to me sayin g that it was closed and that it would be reopened if not. I sent a PM back asking who told this moderator that it was solved. Im guessing it was the vender as the vender had asked me to delete the thread for fear of other people seeing it. Im guessing the vender had also requested to the moderator to close it.

My problem is just that i was not consulted in advance. I think it is a conflict of consumer interest to take the word of a vender that a situation has been resolved and i think its sad that the moderator did this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old Mar 4th, 15, 04:27 PM
Senior Tech
kevin

Re: I have a problem....

I feel your frustration, but if the vendor is a sponsor of this site......................
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old Mar 4th, 15, 04:37 PM
jno
Senior Tech
Jim

And to think you stuck up for them thru the whole other thread.

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old Mar 4th, 15, 04:41 PM
Senior Tech
Garth

Garage

Love this site site but there seems to be a great deal of locked threads and deleted posts, censorship.

1969 Camaro SS 350 LeMans Blue
2015 Z/28 - Red
1967 R/T
1977 Power Wagon
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old Mar 4th, 15, 05:53 PM
DjD
Retired
Dennis

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1969-CAMARO View Post
I posted a topic on here complaining about a vender. There was much discussion and a statement by the vender that they would take care of it, but at this point the issue is not clearly resolved. A moderator on this site closed the discussion saying that it had been resolved. Also a PM was sent to me sayin g that it was closed and that it would be reopened if not. I sent a PM back asking who told this moderator that it was solved. Im guessing it was the vender as the vender had asked me to delete the thread for fear of other people seeing it. Im guessing the vender had also requested to the moderator to close it.

My problem is just that i was not consulted in advance. I think it is a conflict of consumer interest to take the word of a vender that a situation has been resolved and i think its sad that the moderator did this.
Instead of making a public display questioning what went down why don't you PM the moderator back? If you are working with the vendor maybe that could be done in PM as well instead of the open forums where others can pipe up and interfere with the resolution!

...Dennis

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Don't take life so serious, you won't get out alive..."
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old Mar 4th, 15, 06:05 PM Thread Starter
Tech Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by DjD View Post
Instead of making a public display questioning what went down why don't you PM the moderator back? If you are working with the vendor maybe that could be done in PM as well instead of the open forums where others can pipe up and interfere with the resolution!
I did PM the moderator and even though he was "Online" for hours after that i didnt get a response.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old Mar 4th, 15, 08:29 PM
Admin/Super Moderator
Brian

Garage

In my humble opinion let me see if I understood what happened because I confess I wasn't following the thread that closely. In a nutshell - Your issue was that the product ordered and paid for was first delayed in shipping, then when it finally arrived you discovered that the product ordered and paid for was substituted with a radically different configuration.

I'll step on the soap box right here and say that is a major fowl IMHO. Never should a vendor substitute products without prior correspondence and ACCEPTANCE by the buyer. If you paid by MasterCard or Visa you are protected and can generate a charge-back to the merchant. BUT that said you accepted the substituted item after the fact, then later discovered that the configuration doesn't work for your build after all. I still think a reputable vendor would eat the cost, send you a return label, and send you the original product you ordered, if you still wanted to do business with them at that point. If not a full refund should have been issued no questions asked, and a return tag sent for the shipped item and call it a resolved transaction on good terms.

I think the spirit of the situation was that your thread conversation had crossed into the murky waters of possible "vendor bashing" by others on the thread not involved in your dispute. If it had been just you and him working it out that would have been a different situation.

We find threads drifting off the road all the time. Hard to also track this one since the vendor in question is not a site sponsor with their own dedicated forum, where it would have been expected for you to ask for assistance in resolving this customer service issue. So posting in the Bench Racing forum was your only public option. I in your particular case knowing that the vendor was a member here would have reached out privately first to seek a resolution. Maybe it's just me but I have had stunning luck just picking up the phone and calling the top person at any vendor I have had any issues with. Email and PM's leave a lot to be desired in these situations. One on one realtime conversation is a dying art these days. We are all guilty of logging in here and walking away so I never take it too hard if I see someone on line and I send a PM and I don't get a response right away.

However after a frank conversation about a customer service issue that was justified and receiving less that satisfactory compensation then yes by all means warn others of your particular experience without loosing decorum and civility and find a vendor who builds respect and loyalty by performance and stunning customer service.

In your particular case, since its a stinker already, I think it important to state exactly what your expected resolution is now and allow Justin to respond. You may wish to do so private as suggested by Dennis and key one of the moderators here in on that PM. You may also do this publicly but fair warning if it becomes a pig pile the thread may be deleted.

Hope this advice helps you get the radiator you originally wanted and paid for.

Brian

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1969 Z11 Pace Car - L48 350cid/300hp - 4 Speed Muncie 12 bolt rear.

Super Moderator Team Camaro
to send me a private message
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old Mar 4th, 15, 08:47 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Ron

So, how many people went and searched your threads to get the scoop?

It appears Justin stated not one, but a few times, they would take care of the issue, but appears to have just died.

I hope that Justin didn't go out on a limb and now the company isn't going to honor what Justin said. It appears he has only been there for a few months (maybe I mis-read that...don't know)

Any way, good luck!

Ron

Camaros I've owned/own:
1982 Camaro (Sold)
1984 Camaro Z28 (Sold)
1986 Camaro Z28 (Sold)
1989 Camaro IROC Z (Sold)
1994 Camaro Z28 (Sold)
1967 Camaro 406 SBC/200R4 (Rebuilding)
2010 Camaro RS/SS (Daily Driver)
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old Mar 4th, 15, 09:11 PM Thread Starter
Tech Team

This is not about whether or not Entropy came through. My problem was that the moderator took a venders word that it had been resolved without confirming and closed the thread.
Thats all.
As far as im concered the thread should have been left open until it got out of hand (which i didnt think it ever did) or the situation resolved itself (i recieved the correct radiator)
For some reason Justin wanted the thread locked and got his wish with no thought on how i might feel about it.

Again, my problem is not with Entropy, as far as i know things are in the works to get the right radiator to me. My problem was with the moderator.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old Mar 4th, 15, 09:34 PM
Retired
Jim

Then take it up in PM with the moderator. We are not paid staff and we do not sit up all day and night looking for chances to lock threads or toss members into the corner for punishment. Now Im locking this thread too....I didnt consult anyone either. Take the advice, take it to PM's and if you have to wait 24 hours or so, so be it. You are now making a mountain out of a mole hill. Mod's dont have time to consult 10 parties to a thread to get permission to take action. It can be reopened if the mod rethinks it a different way.

And a note of caution...you said the Mod was 'online' for several hours after you sent him a PM? There are maybe at times 100 or more people that leave their Team Camaro browser open and walk away from it. All of those members will show as being 'online' but they are not active in their TC browser at all. Dont 'assume' something as part of a gripe.

Click..is Jim..former owner of a 69RS-LM1 350/255 - 700r
"There will come a time when you believe everything is finished,
That will be the beginning." Louis L'Amour

Last edited by click; Mar 5th, 15 at 06:27 AM.
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old Mar 5th, 15, 08:01 AM
John

Garage

To all

Yesterday I closed the tread as IMO the issue had been resolved.

I sent this pm to the op

Quote:
My understanding is the issue has been resolved.

If this is not the case let me know and I'll open the thread again.

John
This am I saw the 3 pms sent to me by the op

I edited the tread and deleted all off topic comments and responded to the op via pm

Quote:
I'm not ignoring you. You sent 2 PMs in 14 minutes and another a couple hours later.

I left for work yesterday at noon and got home at 1:30 am

I'll open the thread. Off topic posts have been clean up.

Please keep it on topic and to your specific issue with the Vendor.

Thanks
The Mods here keep things balanced and constructive. We don't take sides and we don't favor vendors over members. Anyone that assumes we do can try out a few other sites that will delete any post negative to a vendor and will ban a guy if he persists.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode