Where Did the Photos Go? - Team Camaro Tech
Camaros.net Site Help Discussion Website questions, comments, suggestions and tech help.

4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old Apr 17th, 16, 07:17 AM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Chris

Where Did the Photos Go?

I returned to an earlier post to look at photos of the TMI seats and found that the photos are gone. I've seen this with a lot of other posts that clearly had provided photos since replies reference the photos and now they are missing; what gives? In this case I was looking in the Interiors Forum at the posting I started back on 1/16/16 enitled "TMI Pro Series Seats - Anyone Have Them?" and the photos are gone. They are missing from both the classic an full version of this website. Am I doing something wrong or should I be looking for them elsewhere? If the photos end up being lost, then what is the point of posting any and using this site as a repository for guidance to others if the photos are not retained? At a minimum it appears that one must clip out any photo and the associated posting you think you might want to see later and save them somewhere else since if you come back later they won't be there. This is like buying a factory service manual and having all the illustrations fade away to white space while it sits on the shelf.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old Apr 17th, 16, 07:32 AM
Super Moderator
Bess-68's rule

Garage
Re: Where Did the Photos Go?

I see them on your post #6 of 1-16-16.
You might consider adding the pictures to your Album for future reference and for future posting.

Give a man a rescued dog for the health of both their souls. May 2017 ROTM Winner - Thank you!
'
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
CUBS - 2016 World Series Champions - maybe this year, 2019 ...
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old Apr 17th, 16, 08:03 AM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Chris

The thumbnails in my 1/29/16 posting are there, but I wanted to see the photos posted by other members in response to my original question and in response to questions other asked in the thread that showed the actual TMI seats they'd installed and those photos are gone. In my opinion, any photos that are included within a posting/thread need to remain there otherwise it materially diminishes the value of the thead for future reference which should be one of the primary features/values of this site. It appears that there is some problem with this website's ability to properly store this information with the associated posting in a thread.

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old Apr 17th, 16, 11:09 AM
Senior Tech
Al

Chris, Many people, including myself, post pics
that are hosted by another site such as Photo Bucket.
If the pics are deleted or moved in the hosting site
they will no longer appear here as they are just a link.
Really has nothing to do with the TC site. In the thread
you are referring to I see pics in post #6 and #18.
AG Jeff likes this.

Al

my 67' build thread:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old Apr 17th, 16, 02:55 PM
Admin/Super Moderator
Brian

Garage

My number one pet peeve. And the primary reason I try to get people to support the site with the gold one time payment lifetime membership so you can post photos direct and never have to delete them making your threads more valuable. JMHO.

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide
AG Jeff likes this.

1969 Z11 Pace Car - L48 350cid/300hp - 4 Speed Muncie 12 bolt rear.

Super Moderator Team Camaro
to send me a private message
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old Apr 17th, 16, 08:23 PM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Chris

Thanks for the feedback. Others must be posting using some other host. I know in one case a member put his interior photos in his TC album; that was a good idea since we can still see them. Posts referencing photos often provide some of the best feedback and answers to members questions and much is lost if the photos are removed. I agree, write the check, get a gold membership, support the site and filter out the ads.
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old Apr 18th, 16, 07:39 AM
Administrator
John Doe

Garage

the other option would be to have a photobucket/imgur/flicker account. Most of the images get removed because they're not linked to any account. But it's less of a hassle uploading them to our site.

Lee
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old Apr 24th, 16, 06:17 PM
Tech Team
Bob

Chris, that was me that placed my interior pictures in my TC album. I did that because I was having issues posting pictures and I still am, so I did that because it worked. There are still currently two interior pics of the TMI pro series seats. If you would like some additional views or info about them or the install because you are considering them, them please let me know and I can get you any extra shots that you would like.

Bob
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old Apr 25th, 16, 03:59 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Michael

I *think* I know what Chris is referring to. I've had browser sessions on TC where there are supposed to be photos and yet I don't see them anymore. I found one way as a work around and that is to force a refresh of the browser page by holding the Ctrl key and pressing F5. This usually works at restoring the pictures so I'm sure it is more of a browser issue. This is with Firefox running on Windows 10. I do agree however in that if the pictures are hosted on another site and removed then they will not be seen but there's usually an error displayed when trying to access a tagged image and it's no longer there.

Mike

67 LOS SS/RS L35 Hardtop - Original w/UOIT
67 NOR SS/RS L35 Convertible - Restored
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old Apr 25th, 16, 08:57 AM
Community Manager/Admin
Jeff

Heya guys,

Feel free to post images here:
Team Camaro Showroom - Main Index

or here:
Team Camaro Tech - Manage My Garage

This will help with links expiring form hosted images.

Jeff M
post #11 of 21 (permalink) Old Apr 27th, 16, 12:17 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Roger

I have the same problem. In this thread all my pictures have turned to question marks.

My Photobucket account is still active and I haven't deleted any pics.

https://www.camaros.net/forums/11-ben...op-camaro.html

Roger

1967 Camaro SS/RS 350/295HP Coupe. First and only owner.

Last edited by rogerh; Apr 27th, 16 at 12:28 PM.
post #12 of 21 (permalink) Old Apr 27th, 16, 01:54 PM
Admin/Super Moderator
Brian

Garage

Chances you might not have made any changes but photobucket since they add paid advertising to many pages has.
Also check your privacy settings and make sure the photos are still public. Also be aware that some of these sites go off-line several times a week for maintenance without regular notice, others post their scheduled outages.

However Roger since the thread you posted says attached thumbnails which only happens to photos directly uploaded here, so go into your control panel and look at your attachments and see if the photos in question are still there. If they were deleted from there the links are gone. If there are still there then there is an issue with the account that Admin needs to repair.
AG Jeff likes this.

post #13 of 21 (permalink) Old Apr 27th, 16, 06:30 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Roger

Are you saying that photos directly downloaded from my computer must remain on that computer? That means if I get a new computer every photo I downloaded from the old one will disappear?

Roger

1967 Camaro SS/RS 350/295HP Coupe. First and only owner.
post #14 of 21 (permalink) Old Apr 27th, 16, 06:42 PM
Admin/Super Moderator
Brian

Garage

No but they must belong in your account here. If you use image tags from an off site photo share you have to keep the photos were they were int he share at the same rights. The link you posted look like the photos at one time were uploaded to Team Camaro, but they are no longer in your account. Do you remember deleting photos from here?

post #15 of 21 (permalink) Old Apr 27th, 16, 06:52 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Stuart

I have the same issue. I did a drag-n-drop from my photo album, and they never showed, but there is an attachment msg on my thread. Also all the pictures I posted a short while back have also vanished.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode