Ripped Off by TeamCamaro! - Team Camaro Tech
Camaros.net Site Help Discussion Website questions, comments, suggestions and tech help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old Jul 25th, 16, 06:24 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Bentley

Exclamation Ripped Off by TeamCamaro!

Back at the end of June I received notice from this site to renew my annual membership. I did. I sent payment on June 29th using Paypal. Done, or at least I thought. I get an email from Paypal with charges to my account on July 4th by, you guessed it, TeamCamaro. I had been charged twice.
First I went through Paypal to resolve this issue. I had to fill out a long form only to get a reply as to what the payment was for. 24 hours later, i get a reply saying this was payment for my annual membership. No s%*t sherlock! The complaint was for them, TC, double billed me. A couple of days later, I get a Paypal survey, where, one again, I explain my dissatisfaction with the investigation as it never addressed the initial complaint. Today in the mail I get 2 identical envelopes congratulating me on my payment. Yes 2! I then went to the parent company, AutoGuide.com
to contact them about this problem...NOTHING!
I did not want to make this a public issue, but getting this resolved has become futile. Now, I just want my money back and I do not want to be part of this forum. I will go back to the reputable sites that have been good to me.

69 N 12B X22/RS 72B/712 M20 BS, mine since 79
69 N 11D Z27 -B/713 M38 BS, mine since 79
69 N 3E X11 76B/711 M20, mine since 85.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by ko-lek-tor; Jul 25th, 16 at 06:38 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old Jul 25th, 16, 06:39 PM
Admin/Super Moderator
Brian

Garage
Re: Ripped Off by TeamCamaro!

Bentley - Did you by any chance look at your paypal payment and see if it is checked for reoccurring?

Send me a copy of the PM you sent to Administrator requesting the refund for the second payment. I can then make sure it gets processed.

If you did not PM the Administrator with your refund request please do so tonight including the paypal confirmation numbers for the duplicate charge and carbon my screen name so I can track the request with them.

If you wish to cancel your account include both paypal numbers so they can refund and delete your account, but I'm sure you understand that technology and automatic billings sometimes go off the track. If you contacted Administrator through the site there should be no reason why it was not processed in a timely manor. Make sure the screen name you PM is Administrator

Brian
@Administrator

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1969 Z11 Pace Car - L48 350cid/300hp - 4 Speed Muncie 12 bolt rear.

Super Moderator Team Camaro
to send me a private message
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old Jul 25th, 16, 06:43 PM
John

Garage

A simple PM to a Mod and we can assist in resolving the issue.

I would not be so hasty as to accuse TC of "ripping you off" when most likely it was a technical glitch.

I believe when you 1st sign up for an annual membership it auto renews as the agreement reads. My guess is you renewed manually and then on your anniversery date it renewed and charged your paypal account accordingly.

Hate to lose a guy over this.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old Jul 25th, 16, 07:13 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Bentley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vega$69 View Post
A simple PM to a Mod and we can assist in resolving the issue.

I would not be so hasty as to accuse TC of "ripping you off" when most likely it was a technical glitch.

I believe when you 1st sign up for an annual membership it auto renews as the agreement reads. My guess is you renewed manually and then on your anniversery date it renewed and charged your paypal account accordingly.

Hate to lose a guy over this.
That may be very well what happened. I appreciate all advice, but understandably frustrated with the "system". I do not and did not see any other remedies for what I had happen other than the ones I pursued with no results. If I did not want things resolved, I would not have put out a plea. I knew fellow Camaro-ites would have a plan and a direction. For that I am grateful. I should never have had to go through all I have endured thus far. What a nightmare! Thanks again for the help.

post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old Jul 25th, 16, 07:24 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Bentley

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69-Pace View Post
Bentley - Did you by any chance look at your paypal payment and see if it is checked for reoccurring?

Send me a copy of the PM you sent to Administrator requesting the refund for the second payment. I can then make sure it gets processed.

If you did not PM the Administrator with your refund request please do so tonight including the paypal confirmation numbers for the duplicate charge and carbon my screen name so I can track the request with them.

If you wish to cancel your account include both paypal numbers so they can refund and delete your account, but I'm sure you understand that technology and automatic billings sometimes go off the track. If you contacted Administrator through the site there should be no reason why it was not processed in a timely manor. Make sure the screen name you PM is Administrator

Brian
@Administrator
Brian, I never contacted an Administrator on this site. That would never cross my mind as the folks handling the money were as the heading on the letter said, AutoGuide.com and PayPal. I used AutoGuide's site had a contact button to email a communication, so I left a civil message. Paypal had a section for disputes, which I used. But I will do as you say. Regarding reoccuring on PayPal, why did the email ask me to renew my subscription? Why did I not just get a email saying your AUTOMATIC billing will pay for your subscription unless I would decline.

post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old Jul 25th, 16, 09:19 PM
DjD
Retired
Dennis

Garage

It has been an ongoing issue for years and is a paypal issue, not AutoGuide or AutoForums or Team Camaro's problem. paypal defaults on their end of the transaction to auto pay when memberships or other items with recurring charges are processed. paypal feels it's the consumers issue to know this and uncheck the box if you don't want auto pay. If AF or AG is at fault for anything it's sending out a courtesy notice when a membership is about to expire...

You're in the right hands now, it takes an Administrator (one on the AF payroll) to initiate a refund.

...Dennis

"Don't take life so serious, you won't get out alive..."
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old Jul 26th, 16, 04:12 AM
Team Member
Bob

Bentley,

Exact same thing happened to me! Like you, I contacted PayPal and got the same response. The person I spoke to said that this was a recurring payment and walked me through how to "uncheck" that feature. That however, did not resolve my issue of getting a refund for the double billing. I then sent a request to this site admin and that message went into a deep abiss. When I didn't get a response a week later I decided to contact autoguide.com. I spoke to a person who didn't know why I was charged twice and would have to check with her supervisor in order to refund the second charge since they normally don't refund subscriptions. One day later, I received a call saying that they would credit my Paypal account. The next day I finally received the credit in my Paypal account.

And oh by the way......I finally got a respond from the site admin ONE MONTH later asking if my issue had been resolved.

Bob

Bob
'68 Camaro SS 396/325
'00 Vette - 350/345 Convertible, 6 speed
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old Jul 26th, 16, 05:51 AM
Admin/Super Moderator
Brian

Garage

You all have to understand that AutoGuide has hundreds of sites and the generic Admin messaging as we discovered with the password resets, either gets blocked by your computers protection software because the design of the contact form mimics Trojan activity that any corporate spy and virus protection systems block as a cross link or other suspicious activity nor does the capture device used to prove you're not a robot or a script work behind corporate firewalls because it includes paid advertising that harvests cookie data about you and your browsing habits. I had this issue myself and reported it but the contact form has not been fixed to not include these design issues.

Again as we found with the mass password changes across the entire AG empire, If the contact form does get sent it lands on someone who has thousands of them to go through. Either-way its not an effective solution.

Your Moderators should be your first line of service contact as long as you can get on, and many of you created duplicate accounts in the most recent password reset just to reach-out to us. We have particular Administrators that monitor our site and by using the @Administrator tag in your posting they get a heads up to them that there is something in your posting they should look at.

At any given time at least one of your moderator team is on patrol, sometimes hidden but we are on more often than not and we live in many time zones so don't think your limited to 9 to 5 east coast hours. In a worse-case your message will go a few hours before one of us sees it in this forum, or when you send a PM to one or all of us we get email notifications. So when in doubt reach out.

Brian

1969 Z11 Pace Car - L48 350cid/300hp - 4 Speed Muncie 12 bolt rear.

Super Moderator Team Camaro
to send me a private message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode