Editing my own Thread - Team Camaro Tech
Camaros.net Site Help Discussion Website questions, comments, suggestions and tech help.

2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old Jul 14th, 17, 01:26 PM Thread Starter
T.C.

Editing my own Thread

There is no Edit Button at the bottom of any of my Posts in my Build Thread

After the Photobucket disaster, I need to do a bunch of Thread Repair!

HELP!

BMR SUSPENSION

My Camaro

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Our 67-69 suspension on Two Guys Garage:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

813-986-9302 Phone
TC
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old Jul 14th, 17, 02:01 PM
Super Moderator
Bess-68's rule

Garage
Re: Editing my own Thread

No Edit button next to Quote, Multi-Quote, etc, line?
Strange, link to Build Thread?

Give a man a rescued dog for the health of both their souls. May 2017 ROTM Winner - Thank you!
'
CUBS - 2016 World Series Champions - maybe this year, 2019 ...
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old Jul 14th, 17, 02:10 PM Thread Starter
T.C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everett#2390 View Post
No Edit button next to Quote, Multi-Quote, etc, line?
Strange, link to Build Thread?
https://www.camaros.net/forums/58-sec...w-me-73-a.html

BMR SUSPENSION

My Camaro

Our 67-69 suspension on Two Guys Garage:

813-986-9302 Phone
TC

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old Jul 14th, 17, 02:20 PM
Super Moderator
Bess-68's rule

Garage

I see an Edit button
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	BMR Edit.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	23.8 KB
ID:	187921  

Give a man a rescued dog for the health of both their souls. May 2017 ROTM Winner - Thank you!
'
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old Jul 14th, 17, 02:42 PM
Senior Tech
Al

Everett, I don't see an edit button either. You probably
do because you are a super moderator.

Al

my 67' build thread:
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old Jul 14th, 17, 02:46 PM
Banned
Chet

Hmmmm, I posted something just to see if I could find an edit button. Lo and behold there is one. Now. Perhaps the site fixed it? Haven't seen one in a long time. Good
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old Jul 14th, 17, 03:32 PM
Senior Tech
Al

After you post something you have a time limit (15min
I believe) to edit that post. After the time limit the edit
option goes away. At least that's the way it's worked
for me for a long time.

Al

my 67' build thread:
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old Jul 14th, 17, 03:39 PM
John

Garage

Mods can edit anytime. New posts can only be edited by the poster for 15 minutes. The the edit button goes away
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old Jul 14th, 17, 04:30 PM
Admin/Super Moderator
Brian

Garage

Well I'm confused. T.C. is a sponsor and should be able to edit all posts in his sponsored forum.
I don't see a build tread for him in the build section, he would NOT be able to edit those threads.
Anyone know what thread he is talking about?

1969 Z11 Pace Car - L48 350cid/300hp - 4 Speed Muncie 12 bolt rear.

Super Moderator Team Camaro
to send me a private message
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old Jul 14th, 17, 04:38 PM
Super Moderator
Bess-68's rule

Garage

The build link is in Post 3 - "New to me '73"

https://www.camaros.net/forums/58-sec...w-me-73-a.html

'
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old Jul 15th, 17, 09:48 AM
DjD
Retired
Dennis

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69-Pace View Post
Well I'm confused. T.C. is a sponsor and should be able to edit all posts in his sponsored forum.
I don't see a build tread for him in the build section, he would NOT be able to edit those threads.
Anyone know what thread he is talking about?
Sponsors have moderator in their own forums but not on the rest of the site. the thread he wants to edit is in the 2nd gen forum. I believe if it were moved to the BMR forum he should be able to edit away.

The reason for the short edit time on posts in the forums are many but the best example is when someone has a problem with the site and they go back and in a rage start edition their own posts... Also we had a few that would post (this is made up but something like) "who want's a free part" several guys reply "I do, I do" and the op as a joke edits his post to read "who wants to pound sand" you can see how that could be taken much farther and really be a problem.

...Dennis

"Don't take life so serious, you won't get out alive..."
post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old Jul 15th, 17, 11:55 AM
Admin/Super Moderator
Brian

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by DjD View Post
Sponsors have moderator in their own forums but not on the rest of the site. the thread he wants to edit is in the 2nd gen forum. I believe if it were moved to the BMR forum he should be able to edit away.

The reason for the short edit time on posts in the forums are many but the best example is when someone has a problem with the site and they go back and in a rage start edition their own posts... Also we had a few that would post (this is made up but something like) "who want's a free part" several guys reply "I do, I do" and the op as a joke edits his post to read "who wants to pound sand" you can see how that could be taken much farther and really be a problem.
Oh yeah good catch Dennis. I knew he had a 73 but I looked for it in the build section not thinking he would have put it there. I thought builds were for all generations. In any event I'll move it to his forum and let him at it. Maybe that is the solution for anyone as I have asked Jeff if there is any way of granting temporary rights to a user that expire after 24 hours but they still could rewrite history. BUT if we just move them to testride which they have edit and delete rights to right? Or better yet @me Jeff can we create a new section just for editing old threads that users can have edit rights to, then as we move the threads back to the original section we can inspect to see what other than links was changed. Sounds like a great solution all around the nightmare photobucket has caused us.

Brian

post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old Jul 15th, 17, 12:11 PM
Admin/Super Moderator
Brian

Garage

LOL ok just one problem with the plan to move it to his own forum, He doesn't have one.

I checked his rights, he is a supporting vendor, just doesn't have a dedicated customer service support forum here. SO I moved the thread to the vendor deals section and sent him a PM.

Brian

post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old Jul 16th, 17, 08:33 AM
DjD
Retired
Dennis

Garage

OOPs! I guess that does complicate things... What about the sponsors forum? Maybe if it isn't already it could be set to allow sponsors to edit posts there... I was also thinking maybe the test drive forum could be set for editing...

...Dennis

"Don't take life so serious, you won't get out alive..."
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old Jul 16th, 17, 11:32 AM
Senior Tech
Don

Quote:
Originally Posted by DjD View Post

It seems to me that this edit time limitation should be lifted for a couple of months so folks have an opportunity to fix their build threads. The benefit to this forum will far exceed the risk of someone going over the edge on an edit. To be honest I have never seen such a thing and many of the forums I visit allow editing without time limits.

Don
ZZ_430 likes this.

1969 Camaro LSA 6L90E AME subframe and IRS
1969 Camaro vert LS3 4L65E Ridetech level 2 - sold
1959 El Camino project
1969 Mustang Sportsroof project

1956 Cameo project - C5 drivetrain
1957 Buick Caballero project
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode