Two suggestions (PLEASE READ) - Team Camaro Tech
Camaros.net Site Help Discussion Website questions, comments, suggestions and tech help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old Feb 16th, 01, 08:06 PM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Paul

Lightbulb

My two suggestions are as follows:

1. Clear out all the parts ads in the cars for sale sections.

2. Add another section called Lost & Found where Camaro owners can help each other locate original engines and drivetrain components that may have found there way into someone elses hands over the years. An example would be a 396/375 (with the original vin numbers still stamped in the block)that I now have in my basement from a 69 L-78 Camaro with a manual trans(JH code). Although my plans are to install it in another L-78 I have, I would much rather see it back in the original vehicle if it's still around. I also found another 69 396/375 motor sitting in a 67 Chevelle project just last week. Once again with original vin stamped in the block. These were just a couple examples, but I feel quite strongly about this idea and hope you will take it into consideration. Adding this section might also allow previous owners of Camaros to locate vehicles that they may have owned at one time. Wouldn't you love to find a previous owner of your Camaro and find out that he or she still has some of the original paperwork or be reunited with your 67,68 or 69 that you bought BRAND NEW in your last year of high school. 'Times Awaistin'.. Thanks, Paul
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old Feb 16th, 01, 08:57 PM
Senior Tech
Dale

I agree,excelent suggestion!

------------------
68 z28 ,68 rs 327 ,73 454 vette, 2 goofy kids
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old Feb 16th, 01, 09:02 PM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Paul

Thumbs up

Hi Dale,

Thanks for the reply. I'm going to post a topic in the general tech in a few moments regarding the 396/375 engines. Hope it works to someones benefit. Thanks again, Paul

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old Feb 17th, 01, 11:31 AM
Senior Tech

Thumbs up

Great idea....

------------------
'69 SS 396/375hp L78 M21 3.73 Fathom green/medium green interior

http://albums.photopoint.com/j/ViewP...695&p=33013081
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old Feb 18th, 01, 09:05 AM
Senior Tech

Paul, I am very much in favor of your idea! Excellent suggestion!

In fact, I own a '70 402 CTX code block (350HP/auto trans) from a Camaro that still has the original VIN on it. I would love to reunite it with the original car.

Also would love to find the original 396 from my car. This used to be a long-shot deal, but with the number of visitors to this site, I bet we could reunite a few "matched sets".

Keith
'69 RS/SS 502
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old Feb 18th, 01, 11:25 AM
Al
Administrator
Al McKenzie

Good suggestion. The entire ad program is scheduled for a total upgrade this spring.
I have made some changes to the 'post an ad' page asking for no parts in the cars area, but some guys just don't take the time to read before posting or don't care. We have been a bit fussier this year about abuse on the ad pages and have removed quite a number of ads that are not in compliance with our very minimal rules.

The lost and found is a good suggestion but would have to be in a database of some kind. The ad pages expire in 60 days and would not work for your idea. It needs to be a longer term and searchable solution. I've written on the 'investigate' list. This IS something that should be done.

Thanks.. Al
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old Feb 18th, 01, 01:22 PM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Paul

Hi Al,

Thanks for the post. I think most of us who read this suggestion will be crossing our fingers. I hope you find a way of adding this to your website. Thanks for your time researching this possibility. Paul
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode