posting pics - Team Camaro Tech
Camaros.net Site Help Discussion Website questions, comments, suggestions and tech help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old Feb 11th, 03, 12:26 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Jeoffery J

I know there are some instructions on how to post pictures in the forum but i cant find them......any help??? thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old Feb 11th, 03, 02:09 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Bruno

Just write, [img]the address where the pic is located, founded on properties, and then [/img]
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old Feb 11th, 03, 03:12 PM
Guess

chuckboy,

When you click on POST REPLY and are looking at this box that you type your reply in, there is a hyperlink on the left side of the page entitled *UBB Code is ON. Click on it and it'll bring up a list and instructions for all the options you have for your post.
If you have pictures uploaded to a web site or picture hosting site, you can cut & paste the link the a picture in your post and it'll show as a clickable link. If you want to have the picture show as an image in your post, the picture will first have to be on a web site that allows direct linking to the picture, then use the UBB code for image [img] and [/img] before and after the link and it should display.

------------------
Joe
1969 Camaro - The Hole-y Grail Project
[email protected]
HwyStar's Garage!
1970 Malibu

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old Feb 12th, 03, 02:31 PM
Tech Team

This is just a trial, always wanted to see how this would work...

jim
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old Feb 13th, 03, 01:41 AM
Guess

Pink,

Yahoo (Geocities) doesn't allow direct linking to pictures so that they'll display as a graphic in a post here. I've tried 6 ways from Sunday to try and get around it but it just doesn't work.
That's why I always suggest people use the disk space that their ISP offers them. Or use a different picture hosting service like FotoTime. It costs money as do a lot of the hosts that will allow you to direct link to your pictures.

The best way to use Geocities so that people can see your pics is to just post the link to the picture and let the UBB code automatically turn it into a hyperlink. I just went to that picture, right clicked on it and Copy & Pasted the URL from it here. In this case, you don't have to add any code in front of or behind the URL. It's done for you.

http://us.f1.yahoofs.com/users/51e12...El5S.ANwjNkNZA

[This message has been edited by HwyStarJoe (edited 02-13-2003).]
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old Feb 22nd, 03, 06:36 AM
Senior Tech

Oops! Took them half a day but they yanked the picture linkability. Hope it didn't get you busted. Nice car. Reinstalled the picture after having visited the site again. I see the picture in my post but it might disappear again after deleting my cached pages.

Yahoo is temporarily unavailable for comment on why a picture from their albums department has escaped and been able to be direct linked. Maybe you just can't keep a good camaro down .
Anyway my general way of doing it is to right click the photo in it's display window on yahoo then click PROPERTIES then right click inside of the address used by yahoo for the picture and select SELECT ALL. Then select COPY. Then while posting select the instant UBB Code of IMAGE and and right click the blue HTTP and then select PASTE to replace anything in the window so that only what you are pasting in is in the field box.

[ 02-22-2003, 10:06 PM: Message edited by: Snatchin'gears ]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode