getting my website to post under my signature - Team Camaro Tech
Camaros.net Site Help Discussion Website questions, comments, suggestions and tech help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old Feb 16th, 03, 04:31 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech

hey i have my hobbystage site address under my signature but it shows so you have to manually type it in to go view it, how do i make it so it will show in blue so you can click on it and it will bring you there automatically, thanks
jake

------------------
1968 Camaro convertible, 454,th400,3500 stall,9 inch 3.55 trac loc
http://hobbystage.net/camaro/bbcamro
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old Feb 16th, 03, 06:03 AM
Retired
Jim

http://www.hobbystage.net/camaro/bbcamro

did this work? If so, you forgot the WWW

post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old Feb 22nd, 03, 07:13 AM
Senior Tech

I'd say while doing a post use the instant UBB code feature and add a link to your site. There are two stages. Clcik the URL then paste in the whole address then click OK. Then write the text you want to use for the link then click OK. Then the entire link will be posted in your reply box you originally post in. Drag the mouse over the text funny brakets and all to turn it all blue then right click the blue and select COPY. Then open another window and access you section for adding your signature and right click then PASTE where you want it in your signature. I say open another window in case there are problems getting it right so that you can try again. There might be a need for a space before and after the entire html tag stuff so have fun.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old Feb 22nd, 03, 03:13 PM
Guess

I just plucked the URL right from his post and plopped it down in this one and it came up as a clickable (no pun intended) link. I didn't do anything but COPY & PASTE.
Go figure...

Here I just used the Instant UBB Code and typed it in, then for the name I typed it in the exact same way.....

Then I added it to my Sig by just copying and pasting the exact same URL under the rest of my sig stuff. See the bottom of my post..... you must have just made a typo BBCAMARO. I looked at the source code for your original post and I can't tell what happened.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old Feb 23rd, 03, 02:19 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech

thanks guys, it worked when i put the www in the address, i did not know it would still work if i did that , thanks
jake

1968 Camaro streetfighter, 18x10,18x12 ccw's,tq arm rear,apex c6 front sub,ls6 asa cammed dry sump,t-56,335/30/18 and 275/35/18 toyo r888

Jake's Rod Shop
207-595-0677
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode