Please post any 'bug problems' with the new forum here. - Team Camaro Tech
Camaros.net Site Help Discussion Website questions, comments, suggestions and tech help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old Feb 21st, 03, 07:29 AM Thread Starter
Al
Administrator
Al McKenzie

There are a few small issues still being worked on, but if you are having problems with the upgraded forums, please post them here. (having trouble finding them posted in different areas).

One issue appears to be the number of posts displayed when entering a forum. The site default is 2 days worth, but some are reporting zero or only a couple of posts show up (using IE 6, I think).

I made a quick link to delete cookies, if you are having trouble this sometimes clears it up.
click on https://www.camaros.net/forum/cookieclear.html and delete your old cookies.

One key problem may be some used the shorter link of just camaros.net/ instead of www.camaros.net so the system has more to remember. Everything is www.camaros.net now to avoid these issues.

thanks for your patience, once settled we will be able to keep upgrading on a more regular basis instead of every 2 years - this one was a major change.
Al
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old Feb 22nd, 03, 05:26 AM
DjD
Retired
Dennis

Garage
Angry

Hi Al, I thought I would let you know I believe I resolved my slow response problems since the upgrade. I was using IE5.5 on a Win2000 box and things seemed to be in slow motion, the page would switch and the graphics seemed to load one at a time and then the text would pop onto the page. Well this morning I upgraded to the latest version and service pack of IE and the display time has improved drasticly.

I still have a problem with post indicators (flags) not changing unless I close the browser and any other browser windows and then run it fresh. I'll keep playing around and let you know if I find a resolve.

...Dennis

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Don't take life so serious, you won't get out alive..."
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old Feb 22nd, 03, 05:30 AM
Retired
Jim

Same issue here Al and Dennis. My flags dont disappear after reading them unless I log off and shut down browser then reload and log back in again.
Any new posts in a thread are there but the red folder and flags just dont tell me ahead of time that new posts are present.
I also upgraded from Netscape 4.75 to Netscape 7 and that works great for me.
[img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old Feb 22nd, 03, 10:03 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Rick

I'm on Netscape 4.5 and the only thing I notice is that I used to be able to see the past 24 hrs of posts on a topic ( same as chevelle.com is currently ) and now it goes back to midnight so I need to click on 'past 2 days'. This isn't a complaint but an observation!!

Rick Dorion
69 RS Conv therapy program, Autogear M22, 8-pt cage, with a new 410! SOLD
New therapy program - 68 Coupe. Will be survivor exterior, modern underpinnings! SOLD
67 Belair with perfect floors, pinchwelds and firewall. Hmmm!
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old Feb 22nd, 03, 06:29 PM
Senior Tech
Rob

Unhappy

Hi Al and Dennis.
On the main page of Team Camaro there is NO LINK to the for sale and wanted adds.Dennis sent me a link to these,but there isnt one on the main page nor do i see them any where else,only in the e-mail Dennis sent to me.

At first I thought that it was being up graded or something because they did not appear on my screen so i waited it out patiently and soon discovered it wasnt coming back any time soon!This happened ever since the new upgrade.

This is how it appears on my screen.
THE FREE AND PAGES
ARE A GREAT RESOURCE
FOR SELLING AND
BUYING.
Notice there are no links?
What can i do to fix this? [img]graemlins/sad.gif[/img]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old Feb 23rd, 03, 08:21 AM
DjD
Retired
Dennis

Garage
I just looked at the main page ( www.camaros.net ) and see,

The Free Wanted and
For Sale pages are a
great resource for
selling or buying.

The words "Wanted" and "For Sale" are the hyper text links...

If you go to the main forum page you should find the links as well ( https://www.camaros.net/cgi-bin/forum/ultimatebb.cgi ) right below where it shows the newest registered visitor.

There have been no changes to the main page that I know of and all the links are working for me. Maybe Al has an idea...
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old Feb 23rd, 03, 08:27 AM Thread Starter
Al
Administrator
Al McKenzie

hey, that's kinda odd. what about the rest of the links on the main front page? Do they all show up are they blanked out. sounds like something is wierd with your web browser. Do the links on the left column of the page show up? There are a lot of links on that page/section.

Al
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old Feb 23rd, 03, 09:57 AM
Senior Tech
Rob

Sorry i should of called them hyper text links i didnt know any better.Still,They are not on the left side of the home or main page either BUT everything else that should be there is there.Wierd isnt it?
As for my web browser i uninstalled and re-installed and still no difference.What do you think.

Also this post wasnt here when i checked this morning,i checked back this afternoon and its back now?What gives? [img]smile.gif[/img]
P.S. I tried youre hyper link and there is no for sale/wanted under the newest member,just chat///Password.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode