What's new today ? - Team Camaro Tech
Camaros.net Site Help Discussion Website questions, comments, suggestions and tech help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old Feb 25th, 03, 03:57 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
67 Camaros Rock

Exclamation

Will it ever or can it ever come back? I liked it. I also liked the 2 days one. The new Todays hot topics it a little harder to follow.

Call me old fashioned I guess. Umm......maybe that's why I drive a 67 Camaro everyday.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old Feb 25th, 03, 04:23 PM
Tech Team

Yes I also miss the opion of see all post from the last 12hrs/2days
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old Feb 25th, 03, 04:41 PM
Senior Tech

I'm getting used to the new look and like most of what I see, but I too miss the "last 12 hours/two days" page. When pressed for time, it was nice to scan all recent topics on a single page and go those of interest in a hurry.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old Feb 25th, 03, 04:59 PM
Al
Administrator
Al McKenzie

The old format scanned every single file and produced a list of titles, not sorted or indexed. I liked it but it could not handle the sheer number of posts (it had to search every topic EACH time it was called) so was very hard on the system.

the Active Topics is quite good, it is a 'real' 24 hours of tech (I wouldn't upgrade until it showed a full 24hrs, the old one started at midnight each day).
It's almost the same thing, the old what's new showed just the titles, well, so does this one, but it also gives a bit of info on the last post for those of us who can't remember if we read it or not.

It's also sorted by time, so really, it's the same thing, only better.

Thanks for the kind comments on the old way, I'm kinda proud of that hacked script, we were the only ones who had it.

Al
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old Feb 26th, 03, 04:41 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
67 Camaros Rock

Well my Camaro is going the way of the web page, I am upgrading to Disc brakes and a Hotchkis suspension. So as Al put it, the same thing only better!! Man stepping into the 20th century for brakes is going to be a shocker. No more planned stops! [img]graemlins/clonk.gif[/img]
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old Mar 26th, 03, 08:40 AM
Senior Tech

Hi Al, is there a way to have the “What’s new today” sort by topic category. I used to like the fact that all Camaro Tech, Engines, Etc. were grouped together.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old Mar 26th, 03, 06:46 PM
Al
Administrator
Al McKenzie

I think we can pull a couple of the 'what's new' by categories into specialty groups. This will allow the latest in a forum to be displayed right on the front page of the site. We will be testing this out soon.

It will not be able to group the entire forum by categories though, I think that might be a bit much for the server to handle.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode