Hey DJD - Team Camaro Tech
Camaros.net Site Help Discussion Website questions, comments, suggestions and tech help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old Oct 7th, 03, 02:14 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech

.....Where's our cool avitar's ???

Bucket boy......

[img]tongue.gif[/img] "clean up in the bench racing threads"......(in a nasal K-Mart atmosphere voice). [img]tongue.gif[/img]

And dont just throw one at me because of this either...... [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old Oct 7th, 03, 03:40 PM
DjD
Retired
Dennis

Garage
That's an experement and has to be hand input. The system doesn't let us set avatars in our profiles the way it is right now. It's cool and it's a pain (hand input) at the same time. I also think it could be a dial-up nightmare if a long thread gets going. we'll have to see what the future brings.

How do you like Vegas so far?

...Dennis

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Don't take life so serious, you won't get out alive..."
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old Oct 7th, 03, 09:31 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech

Dude, first I dig your avitar.......classic. I just hope some day that we can all share in a more humorous approach to avitars in a similar fashion to yours.

Vegas isnt all that bad. I have lived in both extremes, being that of a hot and cold climate. The one thing that I know for sure is that I like a dry climate and Vegas has that in the bag as it has both hot and cold (110+ to 0 F).

I have been here for a little over a month now and I love it more and more everyday. The boys and I used to make bonzi runs to Vegas for the weekend back in the high school daze......a 5 hour one way trip we never minded....... so I am somewhat familiar with the aera, which helps. That and I have friends here, both longtime family and even some high school friends.

For the most of it car wise, this is truely an 'F-Body' rich environment. Mainly of later models, but I have seen a few 1st Gen's. All that were in great condition......but the best thing is, the deficit of ricer's. Very, very few of them. So that attitude and element doesnt effect/infect the scene here. The ones that are here, are respected for the way they carry themselves and because of the potential they have. There are a couple of pretty damn quick, squirrled imports here in the 10 second arena. Got my props. The first weekend here was the "F-Body Invasion" which catered to about 300+ later models........saw some really nice rides from all over the states. And weekly meetings at In and Out on Sundays.

The motorsports venu here is phenom. There is something every weekend, to point out the NHRA facility EVERY weekend for even locals. SCCA, NASCAR and SCORE events throughout the year. No way I could complain about that, I have worked in all stated theaters and love to hang out with friends in the 'business'.

As for the gun hobbiest, this state rocks. I myself am, personally and professionally appreiciative of the manner in which the laws are enforced and how people conduct themselves in this manner. But it comes with the territory/profession I have gotten back into, so it takes avay the weirdness and has instilled the needed comfort.... with the requirement as compared to California.

But all in all, Vegas fits into my lifestyle. Not the "all night partying" or the typical "Sin City" mentaility, but the environment and the atmosphere for most of my hobbies. Like a 2500 sqft shop for .50 a square........ and a new 3750 sqft home for $1100.00 a/month P&I....... and still no smog for the 67. I am just thrilled that I cant buy a new house and a new 2500HD GMC 4x4 crew cab TurboDiesel/Allison.....and spend less for both of those new than what I was paying for rent in San Diego alone. But as for the Camaro I am keeping that regestered in Cali. I WANT to keep my black plates.......love that black and yellow.

Drop a line if you ever make the trip. I see Tee-Toe every now and then, we kill some Guiness' on Fridaynites together. Nice to have a fellow 1st Gen (ish) guy around.

What we need to do is get a bunch of us together and go in on the the big road course at LVMS for a day/weekend......

Oh what fun, it is to slide, my chevrolet around ........

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old Oct 8th, 03, 05:48 AM
DjD
Retired
Dennis

Garage
My dad lives in Vegas, he's been there since '68 or '69 except for about 3 years at the end of the 70's start of the 80's. Currently he has a house in the Summerland area. I use to go over all the time until moving to Northern CA When I got out of high school I'd go out to the dirt track (Craig Road speedway) and watch the roundy round cars... Spent a lot of time on Lake Mead too.

Having watched the city grow over the years, for me it's a nice place to visit but I wouldn't want to live there. People think Bay area traffic is bad and my dad comes to visit us and says it's like a drive in the country around here...

Next time I'm over it would be cool to have beers with you TeeToe an LVcamaro...

...Dennis

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Don't take life so serious, you won't get out alive..."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode