Passenger Vent Window - Team Camaro Tech
Camaros.net Site Help Discussion Website questions, comments, suggestions and tech help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old Sep 28th, 03, 01:57 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Dave

Ad removed by admin...

[ 10-15-2003, 05:40 PM: Message edited by: DjD ]

1967 Camaro RS/SS 396
1966 Mustang Convertible PROJECT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old Oct 14th, 03, 08:11 AM
DjD
Retired
Dennis

Garage
Guys, the forums are not for posting want ads or any solicitation of parts for sale or wanted. Al provides free picture ads and a wanted area in an effort to avoid filling the tech forums with this type of posting.

www.camaros.net/ads and www.camaros.net/ads/wanted

Though this type of post can be looked at as just helping each other out which is what the site is all about, take a look at the two links I just provided and imagine having all of the ads and wanteds mixed into these forums. You would never find the answers to your tech questions. Thanks for keeping this in mind in the future!! [img]graemlins/beers.gif[/img]

...Dennis

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Don't take life so serious, you won't get out alive..."
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old Oct 15th, 03, 02:02 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Dave

Thanks for the reminder however the ads link hasn't been appearing on the title page for a while now.

Perhaps it is my machine but all the other links are there. ??????

Dave

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old Oct 15th, 03, 02:43 PM
DjD
Retired
Dennis

Garage
People post to the ads every day and there are links on every forum page as well as the front page that are all visable and functioning...

Lets turn this into a site discussion I'll move it to the appropiate forum..

Any clue Al?

...Dennis

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old Oct 15th, 03, 05:31 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Dave

I'll try another computer but I don't see any of the ad link shortcuts I used to see on this one.

Dave

1967 Camaro RS/SS 396
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old Oct 15th, 03, 06:23 PM
DjD
Retired
Dennis

Garage
What web browser and version are you using? Any security software? What OS too? Here's a pic of the main page. Ads are on the left side, and just under the Ground Up graphic. The main page url is www.camaros.net could it be something as simple as not using the www?

...Dennis

post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old Oct 16th, 03, 03:33 AM
Al
Administrator
Al McKenzie

certainly have to figure this one out. I haven't been able to reproduce the problem using a bunch of browsers.
I'll do some more looking tonight.
Al
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old Oct 16th, 03, 12:59 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Dave

This is what I'm seeing...

Dave
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old Oct 16th, 03, 03:09 PM
DjD
Retired
Dennis

Garage
Check it out, it got the Ground Up banner too!! I'm just thinking out loud but maybe you have something that is intentionally blocking the ads. Have you ever run Ad-aware or Spybot to see if you have any adware/spyware infecting your PC? Adware usually swaps out your home page to one of it's choice or causes advertisments to pop up on your screen. Spyware is worse, there are even worms that can do things like replace your copmuters "hosts" file and when you type in a url it redirects you to another web page. The most common one takes all the major search engines and redirects them to another funkie page. It got shut down but thousands of folks can't get to search engines because of the worm...

Ad-Aware is the one I recomend, you can download it here... http://download.com.com/3000-2144-10214379.html?tag=pop

It wouldn't hurt to run it even if it doesn't resolve the problem. I'm sure it will find some nastyware or nasty cookies. It will open your eyes...

In a different direction check and see what you're browser allows under <tools><internet options><security><internet><cus tom level> Maybe the missing links all call the same kind of java script or activeX or something that the others don't. Set anything that's disabled to prompt and see if that helps. If you start getting prompted that something is running when you access a page allow it and see what happens. Verify the settings under advanced (also under internet options) there's a ton of possibilities there that could be causing this as well...

If you do more screen prints Al or I can verify against what our browser settings are...

...Dennis

post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old Oct 16th, 03, 03:51 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Dave

Dennis,

You just said something that clicked. It turns out its my firewall software. I turned it off and the site pulls up normally. I am using norton firewall 2003 so somehow I need to figure out how to allow camaros.net to not get blocked.

Dave
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old Oct 16th, 03, 05:30 PM
Al
Administrator
Al McKenzie

Thanks for the great data!

to fix the norton:
https://www.camaros.net/norton.html

I'll revamp some code and see what happens. odd, the banner is just a static image.

al
post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old Oct 18th, 03, 04:14 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Dave

I tried adding www.camaros.net to the list on NPF '03 but that has not solved it. I'll keep playing but so far, disabling the firewall is what's working right now....

Dave

1967 Camaro RS/SS 396
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old Oct 21st, 03, 09:27 PM
Al
Administrator
Al McKenzie

I made some code changes. If you notice this reply, please let me know if anything has changed.
thanks.
post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old Oct 22nd, 03, 12:42 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Dave

Al,

This is what I'm seeing now...

post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old Oct 22nd, 03, 02:21 AM
Al
Administrator
Al McKenzie

thanks for the screenshot(s).
well, this is odd. the text shows up that was added, but the links are all hidden.

I just noticed that even the text links in the body of the page (to the classifieds) are not being displayed.

will keep at it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode