Please post results... - Team Camaro Tech
Camaros.net Site Help Discussion Website questions, comments, suggestions and tech help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old Oct 28th, 03, 08:47 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech

It seems that we ask some of the same questions many times, and sometimes we are reminded to use the search function to answer the questions before we ask, which is a great idea.
However (and I am sure this must have been brought up before) this only works if you post results! Too many times I see questions raised, opinions and advice given...and no reply as to the results. I am probably guilty of this myself. Can we all try to take an extra minute or two and post results? The search function would work a lot better, fewer postings of the same questions, and the bandwidth saved would free up more room for the important things...like bashing ebay used car salesmen!!!(just kiding)
Just a thought....

Steve W
1968 Camaro Convertible
1966 GTO Convertible
1995 Harley Road King
"You can't always get what you waaant..."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old Oct 28th, 03, 09:42 AM
Al
Administrator
Al McKenzie

That would certainly help out. Currently we trim the forums and have to remove a lot of posts that are questions and then suggestions but no response back. For excellent free advise it sure would be nice to hear a final reply either yay or nay as to the results.

I'll feature this at the top of the forum for awhile in hopes others will read and heed.

Al
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old Oct 28th, 03, 12:18 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech

Good idea, Al.
Maybe you could post a brief reminder at the top of the individual sections.
Like "RTR, remember to reply." I don't know, something simple to remind people. It really would help.

Steve W
1968 Camaro Convertible
1966 GTO Convertible
1995 Harley Road King
"You can't always get what you waaant..."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old Sep 5th, 04, 06:04 PM
Senior Tech
John Fivian

Just wanted to add something else that might be nice. I often do searches on topics only to find that the person with the answer privately emails the answer to the person with the question. I can understand that if it were a delicate subject, but it is often (99%) a normal tech question. So after doing the search, Im left only knowing that there is an answer, but not what it is.
My 2 cents.
John

John Fivian
68 327
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old Nov 2nd, 04, 10:38 AM
Senior Tech
Paul

I agree. I have been guilty a few times of posting the answer or solution to a problem even if nobody ever responded to me in the first place...

Best of 1.55 - [email protected]
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old Nov 2nd, 04, 10:53 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Mike

I think one problem with the search is that you cant search the whole site for one subject. You have to search each forum individually on a certain subject. For example, if I wanted to do a search on installing a headliner. You may have to search several forums before you actually find what you are looking for because sometimes posts are put in the wrong forums or are similar enough to belong in maybe 2 forums. But yes, I do agree that many questions go unanswered, I am guilty of a few myself. I will go bac to my posts and answer them.

Team Camaro Gold Member #14

1967 Camaro RS/z28 - one of 602 made - SOLD

1969 Camaro RS/SS L48 4 speed
1974 Camaro LT-Z/28 4 speed 33K orig miles
1979 Camaro Z/28 36K orig miles
1987 Monte Carlo SS 25K orig mi bought new by me.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old Nov 3rd, 04, 03:54 AM
Guess

Jonesy, and everyone else.....

You CAN search every forum with just a couple searches, instead of going back and forth to all 23 forums.

Leave the 'Search Forum:' box set to the top catagory name, such as Catagory: Camaro Tech. It'll search all 5 of the forums under Camaro Tech. The same goes for the other catagories.... select 'Catagory: Mechanical' and it'll search the 7 forums under that heading.

So, instead of doing 23 seperate searches, just do 5!
[img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old Nov 3rd, 04, 02:39 PM
Senior Tech
Paul

I really like that feature Joe!! [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

Best of 1.55 - [email protected]
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old Jan 2nd, 05, 04:16 PM

Send a message via AIM to risk
sort of off topic,but does anyone Know of some mostly third generation camaros?Performance parts and what not

risk
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old Jan 11th, 05, 10:05 AM

U could try national parts depot for some parts but its hard to find 2nd and 3rd gen. camaro parts. But if anyone knows places to get exhaust systems for a good price let me know. I need somthing not to loud and at a good price so any advice will help greatly. thanx
sry about puting this topic here but its the only place i could find with recent mess. displayed so anything would help
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old Mar 2nd, 05, 05:40 PM

Send a message via AIM to camaro73man
I think the website is awsome... a great place ta get help, but i think we should see what kind of cars people have... we should have a topic called cars... and every one put a picture of there car and tells a little about it.

CaMaRo MaN
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old Mar 8th, 05, 04:59 AM
Senior Tech

Quote:
Originally posted by camaro73man:
I think the website is awsome... a great place ta get help, but i think we should see what kind of cars people have... we should have a topic called cars... and every one put a picture of there car and tells a little about it.
You mean like here:

https://www.camaros.net/feature/index.shtml

Scott.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode