Search help - Team Camaro Tech
Camaros.net Site Help Discussion Website questions, comments, suggestions and tech help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old Nov 12th, 17, 07:25 AM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Chris

Search help

I'm looking for help with using the search function here. I've used it a lot over the years with good success, but recently it doesn't seem to find anything or only a post or two. For example I'm looking for information on fan clutches. I've tried searching the forum in general and from more specifically launching the search from the engine forum, but with little success. If I use a search word like "fan" I get one hit. For a keyword that general, I'd think I'd get a hit on everything from radiator fans to heater fans, but instead I get virtually nothing. If I use "fan clutch" I get nothing. I've tried other search words too, but with zero hits. What's the trick? Why does the search function seem to work some times and other times not at all?

'69 Z/28, Lemans Blue/White Stripes, DZ302, Tremec Magnum, 4.10, Procar Elite Seats,
Custom Upholstery, Dynatech headers, 17" VWW V45's, 235/45, 275/40, C5 Front Brakes
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old Nov 12th, 17, 07:42 AM
Senior Tech
kevin

Re: Search help

ARE YOU USING THE SEARCH AT THE VERY TOP OF THE PAGE ShoppinImages

Videos

News
More

Settings

ToolsSafeSearch on
Explicit results filtered with SafeSearch. Learn more Undo

About 1,070 results (0.56 seconds)

Search Results

Clutch fan - Team Camaro Tech

https://www.camaros.net/forums/28-hea...lutch-fan.html

Feb 16, 2016 - 15 posts - 7 authors
I have a 1968 Camaro. It has a 383 with a long water pump. I was going to use a clutch fan. What clutch and fan blade would work best? I need ...

Fan Clutch for a 7-Blade Fan? - Team Camaro Tech

https://www.camaros.net/forums/28-hea...blade-fan.html

Jun 23, 2015 - 13 posts - 5 authors
I have been doing some reading on here on fan clutch's for this fan and it looks like some have used a standard duty clutch and some have ...

max RPM - clutch fan - Team Camaro Tech

https://www.camaros.net/forums/28-hea...lutch-fan.html

Oct 3, 2006 - 6 posts - 5 authors
I thought the clutch part of a clutch fan setup operated based on temperature. But my replacement 7 blade has a sticker that says "max RPM ...

Clutch fan question. - Team Camaro Tech

https://www.camaros.net/forums/18-eng...-question.html

Sep 15, 2013 - 15 posts - 3 authors
Was thinking about replacing the flex fan on my Camaro with a good OEM style clutch fan. Have read where the flex fan can be costing ...

Flex fans suck! 7 blade fan is the way to go - Team Camaro Tech

https://www.camaros.net/forums/28-hea...-fan-way-go.ht...

Aug 18, 2006 - 15 posts - 9 authors
The radiator finally got the temp between 190-210 however when I changed back to an old 7 blade clutch fan, my temps went down the most ...

Radiator fan/clutch options - Team Camaro Tech

https://www.camaros.net/forums/28-hea...h-options.html

Mar 8, 2004 - 15 posts - 5 authors
It looks like I can get a Flex-a-lite clutch and Derale flex fan for under $100. Does this sound like money well spent? I am on a budget, but I don't ...

Recommendations on Fan/fan clutch - Team Camaro Tech

https://www.camaros.net/forums/28-hea...an-clutch.html

Apr 16, 2015 - 12 posts - 7 authors
I have a large shroud, which they said was good, but a fan clutch would be much more efficient than what I have. Can anyone suggest what I ...

Heavy Duty Fan Clutch vs Standard Fan Clutch - Team Camaro Tech

https://www.camaros.net/.../28.../205...an-clutch.html

Feb 23, 2012 - 11 posts - 3 authors
I only ask is because I ordered this: HAYDEN Part # 3568 Flex Fan For Standard Rotation Standard Duty Thermal Fan Clutch Flex.

5 blade clutch fan 67/68? - Team Camaro Tech

https://www.camaros.net/forums/15-tag...n-67-68-a.html

Jun 29, 2015 - 15 posts - 6 authors
Friend has fan that is 5 blade and checking if 3.25 diameter with 4 rivets. Is this the correct fan 67-68 z 28 and L78. Currently has 69 clutch on it.

Clearance between fan and radiator - Team Camaro Tech

https://www.camaros.net/forums/18-eng...-radiator.html

Apr 8, 2001 - 15 posts - 5 authors
When I went to mount the fan, there wasn't enough clearance between the ... Anyone out there have a stock BB radiator/clutch fan setup?

Ads

Fan Clutch

Adwww.rockauto.com/

Find cooling system parts at low prices in unique auto parts catalog

Serving Online Since 1999 Est. 1999

Highlights: Makes Affordable Auto Parts, Family Business Founded In 1999

How To Change A Fan Clutch - Find How To Change A Fan Clutch.

Adwww.informationvine.com/Answers

How To Change A Fan Clutch.

Types: Business, Health, Travel

Engine Fan Clutch - Find our Lowest Possible Price

Adwww.shop411.com/Engine+Fan+Clutch

Engine Fan Clutch for Sale

Narrow by Price Shop by Department Search Millions of Items Research. Shop. Save.

Types: Shopping, Research, Compare & Buy
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old Nov 12th, 17, 07:58 AM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Chris

I'm using the Classic View the forum offers. From that, I've tried using the Search that appears at the top of the page on the second red bar which I assume searches the entire forum for the keywords and I've tried going to the engine forum and using "search this forum" with the same results. I'm using an ipad instead of a PC, but I wouldn't think that would make a difference.

'69 Z/28, Lemans Blue/White Stripes, DZ302, Tremec Magnum, 4.10, Procar Elite Seats,
Custom Upholstery, Dynatech headers, 17" VWW V45's, 235/45, 275/40, C5 Front Brakes

Last edited by ctcz28; Nov 12th, 17 at 08:14 AM.

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old Nov 12th, 17, 08:20 AM
Senior Tech
kevin

right under TEAM CAMARO there is a red bar. it starts with index and ends with search
I used THAT search function, typed in clutch fan and you can see the results in my first post. that is one of many pages
FWIW I also use the classic view
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old Nov 12th, 17, 08:49 AM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Chris

Quote:
Originally Posted by flat tire View Post
right under TEAM CAMARO there is a red bar. it starts with index and ends with search
I used THAT search function, typed in clutch fan and you can see the results in my first post. that is one of many pages
FWIW I also use the classic view
Interesting, I tried that one and specified search "our site" and got a whole bunch of hits; thanks. It seems odd that the search option that appears in the second red bar or the one invoked from within a particular forum, i.e., "search this forum" yield few if any results. I appreciate your help.

post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old Nov 13th, 17, 08:58 AM
Administrator
John Doe

Garage

this one?

Which of the searches?

Lee
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old Nov 13th, 17, 04:13 PM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Chris

Yes, that one did not work nor does the one entitled. "Search this Forum" invoked from a specific forum, e.g. Search for "fan clutch" from the Engine forum yields zero results. Seems only the one at the very top of the Classic view with the drop down that says "our site" yields anything. I seem to remember being able to launch a search the the other locations on the site labeled "Search", but apparently no longer.

post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old Nov 14th, 17, 08:06 AM
Administrator
John Doe

Garage

Do you get different results from using the full skin?
Also alternatively, does the Google search button give you the results you want?

Best regards,

Ed
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old Nov 27th, 17, 08:15 PM
RSS
Gold Lifetime Member
Rick

I've been having the same exact problem as Chris. I just tried searching "fan clutch" like both Kevin and the administrator suggested with "no results". I also searched "master cylinder", "Camaro", "oil", "wheel" and other basic words and each time I get "no results found". In the past I usually searched in an individual forum like Chris explained and would get multiple pages of results. I have been using the search feature here for years flawlessly and have never experienced this. Has something changed with the forums that I am not aware of?

It takes a fool or an idiot to first criticize! It takes a wise and intelligent man to first ask why!

1969 coupe under going restification (Almost Done!)
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old Nov 27th, 17, 09:21 PM
Senior Tech
Garth

x3, something is wrong with the search function. I tried the same search I did successfully a week ago and got "sorry- no matches..." today. I usually go to whatever particular forum is most relevant and perform the search there.

• '68 RS, AA, 749, L30, M(uncie)20 (originally a 3spd), 15yr backburner resto........
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old Nov 28th, 17, 02:54 AM
Senior Tech
kevin

it is not working for me now
I tried to search FAN CLUTCH and it brought me back to this post
post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old Nov 28th, 17, 03:29 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Brett

Garage

I try to use the one below in the pic, as it's really the only one I see, other than "Advanced Search". It returns almost nothing.. The one above it and to the right I've always thought was just an internet google search, and not within the forum.

Brett......

1969 SS 396 X66 - RS Conversion - TKO600 - 3.73 Posi - Paint Code 71-LeMans Blue

Last edited by Brettallen59; Nov 28th, 17 at 03:32 AM. Reason: typo
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old Nov 28th, 17, 08:06 AM
Administrator
John Doe

Garage

Hi,

I've had success using the Google Custom Search in the top right. I am viewing the full camaros.net skin in Google Chrome.

Fergus
post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old Nov 28th, 17, 08:30 AM
Administrator
John Doe

Garage

Recreated some examples of the search not working properly and I have enough to work with to bring this up with the tech team. Filing a ticket now.

Case #2829888

Kevin
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old Nov 28th, 17, 04:55 PM
Admin/Super Moderator
Brian

Garage

Kevin - The VB search has not worked for a long time, any skin. You will find an open ticket from April or May that I opened with Jeff. I just assumed it was fixed back them.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1969 Z11 Pace Car - L48 350cid/300hp - 4 Speed Muncie 12 bolt rear.

Super Moderator Team Camaro
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
to send me a private message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode