whats happened to our website? - Team Camaro Tech
Camaros.net Site Help Discussion Website questions, comments, suggestions and tech help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old Jan 18th, 05, 05:11 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Tom

Unhappy

I enjoy getting up every morning and browsing through all the new camaro ads, however i cant help but notice the ever increasing amount of,chevelles,gto,firebirds,novas etc...that are being advertised here,everything has its place but its just not here, there are a hundred different sites to advertise these cars on some probably exclusive to that car. I know admin does its best to keep these ads out, i can understand if someone is trying to trade there elcamino for a camaro (yeah like thats a good trade) but all i am saying is lets keep it real, and use the site for its intended purpose which is the chevy camaro exclusively regards tom

Tom Goldberg
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old Jan 18th, 05, 05:30 AM
DjD
Retired
Dennis

Garage
Hi Tom - what you may not have noticed is the Classifieds have catagories like;
</font>
  • Non Camaro Cars, Trucks, Bikes, etc</font>
  • Trades Looking for Camaro trades</font>
  • Services Repair, transporting, inspection</font>
If you use the default "All Categories" you will end up seeing them mixed in with Camaro ads and sorted by date. I think the idea was to help keep misc ads and trades seperate from the Camaro ads as well as it provides TC regulars a little extra.

The way I use the ads, I select the year I'm intrerested in for car or for parts, then come back and go to the next year... In the long run the refined display makes it faster to see something new added or find an ad I was looking at before...

...Dennis

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Don't take life so serious, you won't get out alive..."
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old Jan 18th, 05, 05:44 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Tom

hi dennis, yes thanks for the clarification, but i see some of these ads on the regular camaro only ads portion also. best regards tom

Tom Goldberg

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old Jan 18th, 05, 06:33 AM
DjD
Retired
Dennis

Garage
Ya those slip through from time to time even with the other catagories...

...Dennis

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Don't take life so serious, you won't get out alive..."
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old Jan 18th, 05, 08:12 AM
Al
Administrator
Al McKenzie

They get moved but it depends on how busy I am.

The database has to be downloaded/edited by hand and then uploaded again. Kinda messy and usually only done on weekends. I had to work last weekend so it got bypassed.

We are getting a new classifieds program before spring. It allows easy moving and better control/features etc.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old Jan 18th, 05, 02:44 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Tom

you guys do a wonderful job and we should all be indebted to you for even having a website like this for us to use thanks again for the hardwork regards tom

Tom Goldberg
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old Jan 18th, 05, 04:12 PM
Al
Administrator
Al McKenzie

I moved quite a number of them into the appropriate categories tonight so it's back to normal - for a day or two.

We never used to have a category for Trades or Non Camaro but that was even worse as the ads still got posted -- but then they were ALL in the camaro categories.

thanks for the kind comments.
Al
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode