Slow refresh attitude. - Page 3 - Team Camaro Tech
Camaros.net Site Help Discussion Website questions, comments, suggestions and tech help.

6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 36 (permalink) Old May 29th, 18, 03:10 PM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Gary

Re: Slow refresh attitude.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Administrator View Post
Hey there,

If you're clearing your cookies, it'll reset your thread markings.
Can you try leaving it logged in without signing out of your account and check the status of the thread markings?

Ed

Cleared cookies as of a few minutes ago and logged out. Logged back in and although I didn't see your comment until now, it WAS NOT showing as highlighted BEFORE I logged out and then back in. Everything in all forums was greyed out as soon as I logged in. Nothing indicates a new comment, except maybe if you look at the time when a comment was posted and clearly there are new comments posted. Weird.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

06A 1969 Camaro Z28
X33D80 69 B 711 Black Stripes
Console w/tach and gauges.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 36 (permalink) Old Jun 11th, 18, 06:59 AM
Administrator
John Doe

Garage

Good morning, there have been some adjustments to server caching, are you still encountering this behavior?

Kyle
post #33 of 36 (permalink) Old Jun 26th, 19, 08:09 PM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Gary

I 'THINK' I figured out what is happening with this, at least for my issue. The Google search box, on the heavy RED bar just above, LOG IN/LOG OUT on the right hand side...I believe that is my issue. My first time logged on for the day I click on a forum, read what's posted, returned to the forum list page, and everything refreshes instantly. Like a one time deal. The issue shows itself after that. I'm getting aggressively faster with my reading, so I just click the return arrows to go back to the next forum, and from there the google search box never comes back, even if I WAIT for it to return. It's almost like I'm faster then it, and I'm not letting it refresh on its own to work as normal. On the TAB for the pages...when refresh is completed, the 'TC' symbol is ALWAYS there, but, with the Google Search box issue for me the BLUE DOT keeps going left to right like a pendulum, and nothing refreshes from there on, so the search box is not usable for me. I've let this run like this for hours and the Google Search box never returns on the refresh, and I just do everything manually at my speed. Taking my time won't help, and why anyway? This should not be an issue really. Some weeks/months it works, and sometimes it doesn't. Is it W7?

IDK if y'all see what I saying, my statement is probably all over the place, but that's what's happening on my end.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

06A 1969 Camaro Z28

post #34 of 36 (permalink) Old Jun 27th, 19, 10:48 AM
Administrator
John Doe

Garage

Are you running on any extensions on your Firefox Browser?
Also, what are your settings here? Strict, standard or custom?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2019-06-26 at 10.54.01 AM.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	147.8 KB
ID:	227865

Ed
post #35 of 36 (permalink) Old Jun 27th, 19, 05:18 PM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Gary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Administrator View Post
Are you running on any extensions on your Firefox Browser?
Also, what are your settings here? Strict, standard or custom?

Attachment 227865

Ed

Standard and only extension is Adblocker Ultimate. Since this is the first time on today, everything is working as it should. What happens next is what's perplexing. As complex as these issue can be, is there a communication issue between the site and my computer?

06A 1969 Camaro Z28
post #36 of 36 (permalink) Old Jul 11th, 19, 07:11 PM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Gary

Are things being fixed? Two days in a row now...computer and this site appear to be communicating. That GOOGLE search engine above appears like clock work now instead of not showing up at all. Weird. Lets see how long it will last this time.

06A 1969 Camaro Z28
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode