Logging in. - Team Camaro Tech
Camaros.net Site Help Discussion Website questions, comments, suggestions and tech help.

1Likes
  • 1 Post By 69-Pace

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old Jul 1st, 18, 08:14 PM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Gary

Logging in.

Is the keep me logged in check box mark (REMEMBER ME) no longer working? Seems I'm STILL having loads of issues with the site.

**NOTE** Works as advertised now. WTH!!

WOW!!!! 1:45 AM and I can still EDIT?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

06A 1969 Camaro Z28
X33D80 69 B 711 Black Stripes
Console w/tach and gauges.

Last edited by 69Z28; Jul 1st, 18 at 10:48 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old Jul 2nd, 18, 02:29 AM
Senior Tech
kevin

Re: Logging in.

not working for me either along with the use of the icons
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old Jul 2nd, 18, 03:48 AM
Admin/Super Moderator
Brian

Garage

The check box sets a cookie so if you have accepted and keep cookies it should work.
If your browser settings deny cookies, or you clear your cache including cookies with each session you loose the feature.

Brian

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1969 Z11 Pace Car - L48 350cid/300hp - 4 Speed Muncie 12 bolt rear.

Super Moderator Team Camaro
to send me a private message

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old Jul 2nd, 18, 05:06 PM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Gary

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69-Pace View Post
The check box sets a cookie so if you have accepted and keep cookies it should work.
If your browser settings deny cookies, or you clear your cache including cookies with each session you loose the feature.

Brian

Very strange considering that since I've been a T.C. member, issues that I've experienced the past couple of months are as rare as hens teeth. IDK, something is off. Windows 7 64bit, Firefox 61.0 32bit. I tried IE 11 and it's actually worse. Based on my laptop, I can use 64 bit as well as 32 bit, but Firefox 64bit is what I was using when the issues started. Personally I'm thinking Microsoft is pushing W10 and not wanting to keep up with W7 but I'm just guessing here.

06A 1969 Camaro Z28
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old Jul 2nd, 18, 05:56 PM
Admin/Super Moderator
Brian

Garage

A few things have happened recently that may have an impact on your ability to be remembered.

On May 25th the EU's new internet data privacy laws went into effect and all modern browsers updated before that date to accommodate those changes. For some people these updates tightened security and the ability of any website to track, follow or collect data on you with you guessed it cookies.

The second part of that issue is that websites worldwide had to make code changes to support the legal requirements whether your country supports or requires them or not, these changes have been folded into the code of every website.

Next part of the your issue maybe that Team Camaro along with all the AutoGroup web sites are in the process of physically moving from our current web-servers up to the Google Cloud service. This has been happening for a while now and should be finished by the 9th of July.

So I would do a few things. First uncheck the box, flush your internet cache, shut down all open windows of that browser. Open a new instance of that browser. Check for updates if your browser does not automatically due so every time it is loaded. Once updated login Team Camaro. Leave the box unchecked. If your browser asks to save the password click to do so later. Now click the remember me box. LOGOUT of TC. Close browser. Open browser. go to Team Camaro. It should pre populate your login name and password. Click login. Now if you care to you can let your browser also save your current password.

That should reset both your cookie and your browsers security and saved passwords, then set them to higher security standards. You will now notice that once you have logged on to Team Camaro it will change to HTTPS:// indicating it is a secure connection. This is all part of the move to the cloud.

Brian

post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old Jul 2nd, 18, 06:55 PM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Gary

Quote:

So I would do a few things. First uncheck the box, flush your internet cache, shut down all open windows of that browser. Open a new instance of that browser. Check for updates if your browser does not automatically due so every time it is loaded. Once updated login Team Camaro. Leave the box unchecked. If your browser asks to save the password click to do so later. Now click the remember me box. LOGOUT of TC. Close browser. Open browser. go to Team Camaro. It should pre populate your login name and password. Click login. Now if you care to you can let your browser also save your current password.

Brian

OK, can't actually do what your paragraph indicates fully...once signed in, there is no box to uncheck...but 'logged out', the check box is there. So, logged out, flushed, shut down all open windows, opened new instance and checked for updates, logged in, and left the REMEMBER ME box unchecked...browser DID NOT ask to save password at this point...again, there is no 'REMEMBER ME' check box after logged in so I can't click it. Logging out of T.C. now to finish...to be continued.

10:09 PM. The loggin appears is be fine at the moment, time will tell. What got me to post originally a few weeks ago is still an issue though. On the left of the page, all the icons from top to bottom are grayed out, but clearly there are comments that have not been read yet indicated under the LAST POST column. When I click to read those comments, go to that page, even those icons appear that they were read and weren't. As patient as I am, this really is more of a nuisance...refreshing is a joke at this point. This is only part of the issue. When I leave the site, and shut down the computer, and come back at any time from 1/2 hour to all day, those icons will indicate there is something to read and when I click on whatever, it's already read...weird stuff. Never seen anything like it.

Anyway, I've been just pointing and click and let it do it's own thing after I've finished and wait to see what happens the next time I come back.

And the edit thing, is that changed now to edit whenever we want? I certainly can at any time.

06A 1969 Camaro Z28

Last edited by 69Z28; Jul 2nd, 18 at 07:34 PM.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old Jul 2nd, 18, 07:12 PM
Admin/Super Moderator
Brian

Garage

What browser and version are you using?

post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old Jul 2nd, 18, 07:37 PM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Gary

Quote:
What browser and version are you using?

Firefox 61.0 32bit. I was using 64bit and it was a mess.

1:49 AM. Back to the way it was...Was logged in, shut down. Came back a bit later, was logged off. Shut down and came back later and then I was still logged on. Craaaaazyyyy man. Everything I read was like I never read it. Hmmmmmm.

06A 1969 Camaro Z28

Last edited by 69Z28; Jul 2nd, 18 at 10:52 PM.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old Jul 8th, 18, 07:54 PM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Gary

Quote:
Originally Posted by flat tire View Post
not working for me either along with the use of the icons

The past couple of days it's been hit or miss. I have gotten lucky and found that I was logged in when I do get on the site, but then again there are times I have to log in. Lately I've just hit the refresh button until it shows I'm logged on. Today It took 6 page refreshes until it showed I was logged it. Even have it set up to auto log in in my browser. Pretty weird stuff going on here. Not happening on other sites.

Also, from time to time the Welcome (member) Visited today at (time) under the red bar menu up top, indicates I have notifications but gives me an empty page so to speak...just shows that I don't have any visitor messages page with no messages.

06A 1969 Camaro Z28
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old Jul 9th, 18, 12:24 PM
Administrator
John Doe

Garage

Whether you are logged in or not, this is controlled by cookies. So it could be that your browser is set up to not allow cookies from the site, or is clearing them too regularly.
Check your settings, and if they are good then it could a corrupted cookie file causing it, so try cleaning out cookies and cache for your browser.

Also be sure to check off the 'Remember Me' box next to your login info. Let us know if that works for you and/or if you need further assistance.

Ed
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old Jul 9th, 18, 02:48 PM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Gary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Administrator View Post
Whether you are logged in or not, this is controlled by cookies. So it could be that your browser is set up to not allow cookies from the site, or is clearing them too regularly.
Check your settings, and if they are good then it could a corrupted cookie file causing it, so try cleaning out cookies and cache for your browser.

Also be sure to check off the 'Remember Me' box next to your login info. Let us know if that works for you and/or if you need further assistance.

Ed

Been doing ALL the above FOREVER. It seems to not make a difference. Cleaning out once a day or once a week, this has only been going on for a few months. Even doing a fresh reinstall hasn't changed anything. I've been dealing with it mostly, but it is getting annoying

06A 1969 Camaro Z28
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old Jul 11th, 18, 10:02 PM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Gary

~~~~Database Error Database error
The database has encountered a problem.
Please try the following:

Load the page again by clicking the Refresh button in your web browser.
Open the www.camaros.net home page, then try to open another page.
Click the Back button to try another link.

The www.camaros.net forum technical staff have been notified of the error, though you may contact them if the problem persists.

We apologise for any inconvenience.~~~~~

This is coming from clicking on the BACK BUTTON. Starting to get a bit more frequent.

06A 1969 Camaro Z28
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old Jul 12th, 18, 03:37 AM
Admin/Super Moderator
Brian

Garage

I am told we are still in the process of migrating the databases from one server to the cloud, so at times you may have grabbed the particular data prior to its moving and when you go to grab it again its no longer there on that particular server farm but now someplace else. Refresh re-fetches it from the new location. I found the site really slow after midnight Eastern last night so maybe the bulk of this back and forth is done now for our site at least, and for the group, a million sites left to go.
69Z28 likes this.

post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old Jul 12th, 18, 05:57 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
keith

I had problems this morning too. Took a while to sign in.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2018-07-12-08-47-10_1531400241172.png
Views:	7
Size:	85.3 KB
ID:	219263  

X-77 keith
1969 x-77 Z/28 orange/ white stripes, named by my daughter "Clementine ", M-22 close ratio, 4:10 12 bolt, CE 302. Hugger orange with white stripes. White standard interior. Restoration complete May 2018
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode