Website Slow Again - Team Camaro Tech
Camaros.net Site Help Discussion Website questions, comments, suggestions and tech help.

1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old Mar 23rd, 19, 06:02 AM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Chris

Website Slow Again

What happened? The slow problem with the site was fixed and now it's slow again (ref: link below, same issues). Just to get started if I click on New Posts - 24 hours the list of threads takes 15-20 sec to load and once I click on a particular thread or a new page within a particular thread I have to wait upwards of 20 sec for those to load as well. I've tried other websites for comparison (e.g., Pro-Touring.com) and all threads and pages load very quickly with little or no wait on those sites so again I don't believe the problem is local to my PC. This is frustrating.

https://www.camaros.net/forums/20-ca...uper-slow.html

'69 Z/28, Lemans Blue/White Stripes, DZ302, Tremec Magnum, 4.10, Procar Elite Seats,
Custom Upholstery, Dynatech headers, 17" VWW V45's, 235/45, 275/40, C5 Front Brakes
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old Mar 23rd, 19, 06:09 AM
Senior Tech
kevin

Re: Website Slow Again

no problem here
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old Mar 23rd, 19, 06:43 AM
Senior Tech
Don

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctcz28 View Post
What happened? The slow problem with the site was fixed and now it's slow again (ref: link below, same issues). Just to get started if I click on New Posts - 24 hours the list of threads takes 15-20 sec to load and once I click on a particular thread or a new page within a particular thread I have to wait upwards of 20 sec for those to load as well. I've tried other websites for comparison (e.g., Pro-Touring.com) and all threads and pages load very quickly with little or no wait on those sites so again I don't believe the problem is local to my PC. This is frustrating.

https://www.camaros.net/forums/20-ca...uper-slow.html
Are you running an ad blocker? Makes a big difference. I use Adblock Plus.

Don

1969 Camaro LSA 6L90E AME subframe and IRS
1969 Camaro vert LS3 4L65E Ridetech level 2 - sold
1959 El Camino project
1969 Mustang Sportsroof project
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1956 Cameo project - C5 drivetrain
1969 Z28 factory air project
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- sold

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old Mar 23rd, 19, 07:48 AM
Senior Tech
Hakan

Garage

I havenít had any problems at all here in Sweden niether!

1969 Camaro X44, hugger orange, 427 ZL-1, TH350, 4:10 12 bolt Posi, RPO Z87, black/white houndstooth, 14" steel wheels & dog dish, 02D built

post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old Mar 24th, 19, 07:54 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Dave

This site is hit and miss for speed. Been fairly responsive most of this morning but just posted a reply and had to wait about 10 seconds for it to load.

!967 Camaro
383 stroker
Automatic
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old Mar 25th, 19, 10:43 AM
Administrator
John Doe

Garage

Hello there,

Gave this a test on my end and everything seems to be loading fine today.
Getting about 2-3 seconds of response time.
Let me know if you're still experiencing this.

Ed
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old Mar 26th, 19, 03:28 AM
Senior Tech
Dante

Garage

It is off and on slow for me. It is not crawling but took a few seconds to load today. Yesterday I received a database error when trying to visit.
69Z28 likes this.
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old Mar 26th, 19, 06:14 AM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Chris

FWIW it took 16 sec for this thread to load from the main list of postings which is pretty typical now for me. I can't say why this is happening. Things load faster from my iPad than the PC. When I commented that the problem appeared to be fixed I was back to getting the 1-2 sec response regardless of what I clicked on, things were back to normal. I guess I'll just have to live with this now, but sometimes the wait is even longer and I cancel out or just log out in frustration. Not sure why it just seems that I have the problem here where I spend more time than other sites. I'll need to call Norton and see if running their security package is somehow slowing down responses, but if that were the case all sites I visit would be slower in response time and they are not.

I'm not running an ad blocker and given that I've paid for the premium membership I should not need to, any ads should be blocked by this site and not sent to my PC for blocking as I'm sure that takes time too. As I've said before, Premium paid membership should equal no ads whatsoever.

A question for the Administrator: I see that my PC pauses for a good part of the delay reading cse.google.com. Is this something I should see each time I click on a page or thread? Thanks.

'69 Z/28, Lemans Blue/White Stripes, DZ302, Tremec Magnum, 4.10, Procar Elite Seats,
Custom Upholstery, Dynatech headers, 17" VWW V45's, 235/45, 275/40, C5 Front Brakes

Last edited by ctcz28; Mar 26th, 19 at 06:31 AM.
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old Mar 26th, 19, 07:55 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Gary

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctcz28 View Post
FWIW it took 16 sec for this thread to load from the main list of postings which is pretty typical now for me. I can't say why this is happening. Things load faster from my iPad than the PC. When I commented that the problem appeared to be fixed I was back to getting the 1-2 sec response regardless of what I clicked on, things were back to normal. I guess I'll just have to live with this now, but sometimes the wait is even longer and I cancel out or just log out in frustration. Not sure why it just seems that I have the problem here where I spend more time than other sites. I'll need to call Norton and see if running their security package is somehow slowing down responses, but if that were the case all sites I visit would be slower in response time and they are not.

I'm not running an ad blocker and given that I've paid for the premium membership I should not need to, any ads should be blocked by this site and not sent to my PC for blocking as I'm sure that takes time too. As I've said before, Premium paid membership should equal no ads whatsoever.

A question for the Administrator: I see that my PC pauses for a good part of the delay reading cse.google.com. Is this something I should see each time I click on a page or thread? Thanks.

For S & G's I removed the Adblocker from my computer and it made no difference. June 11th '18 was having the same issues as today, but eventually, from then to now there were zero issues. So...it's back. Why would the ads not be blocked in private mode?

06A 1969 Camaro Z28
X33D80 69 B 711 Black Stripes
Console w/tach and gauges.
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old Mar 27th, 19, 07:57 AM
Administrator
John Doe

Garage

cse.google.com is the custom search engine you see at the top right corner of the forum.
It might have taken a while for you to get that loaded.
I will monitor this but if you do notice slowness, provide me as much info as you can and I'll pass it along.
Let me know the time it occurred, what action you were using at that time, and how many time the slowness occurs each day.

Ed
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old Mar 28th, 19, 06:24 AM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Chris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Administrator View Post
cse.google.com is the custom search engine you see at the top right corner of the forum.
It might have taken a while for you to get that loaded.
I will monitor this but if you do notice slowness, provide me as much info as you can and I'll pass it along.
Let me know the time it occurred, what action you were using at that time, and how many time the slowness occurs each day.Ed

The site is still very slow for me. I disabled my Norton safe search and safe web add-ons to see if they were slowing down response, but they apparently have no effect as with them off the time to load the page is equally slow. It took 21 sec for this thread to load from the time I clicked on it and that's now typical for me (reminds me of the old dial-up days). I've clipped in some images of the trackers and cookies blocked from this site by my Norton - wow, looks like a lot of unwanted junk. (again, why are premium members even being exposed to this stuff?)

Two things that take a long time are:
"Looking up static.verticalscope.com" and "Looking up d1r55yzuc1b1bw.cloudfront.net"

There is a long pause as these processes are completing before the requested page loads. I don't know if this information helps, but as stated above, the response time improved back to normal for a couple of days (I was thrilled) but then returned to the current slow response. If others aren't experiencing this I'm not sure what may be causing this on my laptop. It does not matter what time of the day I log on, the site is always slow for me now.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Trackers.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	43.4 KB
ID:	225967   Click image for larger version

Name:	Cookies.png
Views:	7
Size:	53.4 KB
ID:	225969  

Last edited by ctcz28; Mar 28th, 19 at 06:32 AM. Reason: added more information
post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old Mar 28th, 19, 06:36 AM
Senior Tech
Don

I have started having intermittent issues. I think that in the pursuit of revenue this site has added a lot of junk that can cause it to become slow....

I did clear out all my google related cookies and it did appear to improve but it is hard to say for sure it was the case since it is intermittent.

Don

1969 Camaro LSA 6L90E AME subframe and IRS
1969 Camaro vert LS3 4L65E Ridetech level 2 - sold
1959 El Camino project
1969 Mustang Sportsroof project

1956 Cameo project - C5 drivetrain
1969 Z28 factory air project
- sold
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old Mar 28th, 19, 07:50 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
keith

I have been having slow issues for a week on and off. I see no ads on my phone, and the sister site Team Chevelle is lighting fast. Been there a lot lately.

X-77 keith
1969 x-77 Z/28 orange/ white stripes, named by my daughter "Clementine ", M-22 close ratio, 4:10 12 bolt, CE 302. Hugger orange with white stripes. White standard interior. Restoration complete May 2018
post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old Mar 28th, 19, 08:39 AM
Senior Tech
Al

I've been having intermittent issues also for about a week. Yesterday was terrible.
Today all seems fine.

Al

my 67' build thread:
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old Apr 7th, 19, 08:55 AM
Probationer

I am going to delete this web site from my favorites as it is just too slow and choppy. I don't care for it anymore. Too many pop ups and long running scripts that none of us need.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode