We Are Moving! - Team Camaro Tech
Camaros.net Site Help Discussion Website questions, comments, suggestions and tech help.

18Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old Aug 9th, 19, 09:58 AM Thread Starter
Administrator
John Doe

Garage
We Are Moving!

Dear camaros.net Community Members,
Over the past year, there have been updates to your community environment that have introduced challenges in usability and performance. We sincerely apologize if you have been negatively impacted. Efforts to improve the technology, user interface and site performance has revealed weaknesses in the platform and outdated software on the site. Once we started looking at how to address these issues, it became clear that we needed to determine how to fix the underlying problems.
We needed to improve user experience, site speed, and overall performance, all while providing a secure environment for you to interact with your community. For the past few months, we have been actively seeking a resolution to these issues.

We are excited to announce that we are upgrading your site!! We have been working with a design and product development team that has enhanced Xenforo software to provide a modern and much better-performing platform. Our goal is to deliver an experience that better fits the current and growing long term needs of your community.
The new platform is designed for efficiency, stability, and to be user-friendly across all devices, including mobile. More time can be spent engaging, sharing, and contributing to your favorite community no matter where you are!
This is just the first stage of the new platform and we look forward to hearing your feedback as we make regular and timely improvements.
Thank you for all your support!
~ Community Support
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old Aug 9th, 19, 10:55 AM
Senior Tech
kevin

Re: We Are Moving!

DOUG G, dhutton, allanjs and 1 others like this.
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old Aug 9th, 19, 12:34 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Scott

Garage

http://i.imgur.com/qupHwE9l.png
Um yeah last time didn't go so well

68 302 M20 - 85 IROC Z
The older I get the faster I was.

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old Aug 9th, 19, 07:43 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Gary

Damn. Just this past two weeks my issues with the site have disappeared completely. Working now as it always had before that.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

06A 1969 Camaro Z28
X33D80 69 B 711 Black Stripes
Console w/tach and gauges.
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old Aug 10th, 19, 12:43 AM
Senior Tech
Garth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Administrator View Post
Dear camaros.net Community Members,
Over the past year, there have been updates to your community environment that have introduced challenges in usability and performance. We sincerely apologize if you have been negatively impacted. Efforts to improve the technology, user interface and site performance has revealed weaknesses in the platform and outdated software on the site. Once we started looking at how to address these issues, it became clear that we needed to determine how to fix the underlying problems.
We needed to improve user experience, site speed, and overall performance, all while providing a secure environment for you to interact with your community. For the past few months, we have been actively seeking a resolution to these issues.

We are excited to announce that we are upgrading your site!! We have been working with a design and product development team that has enhanced Xenforo software to provide a modern and much better-performing platform. Our goal is to deliver an experience that better fits the current and growing long term needs of your community.
The new platform is designed for efficiency, stability, and to be user-friendly across all devices, including mobile. More time can be spent engaging, sharing, and contributing to your favorite community no matter where you are!
This is just the first stage of the new platform and we look forward to hearing your feedback as we make regular and timely improvements.
Thank you for all your support!
~ Community Support
PLEASE offer the CLASSIC format as an option as we have now. It works PERFECTLY for my needs !!
69Z28, Rarerat, 130fe and 4 others like this.

• '68 RS, AA, 749, L30, M(uncie)20 (originally a 3spd), 15yr backburner resto........
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old Aug 10th, 19, 04:27 AM
Team Member
Don

Whoever is making this decision doesn’t understand that “older” folks do not like change.

I wonder how much of the new system is focused on increasing ad revenue.

Brace for impact..

Don
allanjs, flat tire and LeeC like this.

1969 Camaro LSA 6L90E AME subframe and IRS
1969 Camaro vert LS3 4L65E Ridetech level 2 - sold
1959 El Camino project
1969 Mustang Sportsroof project
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1956 Cameo project - C5 drivetrain
1957 Buick Caballero project
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old Aug 10th, 19, 05:38 AM
Team Member
Ray

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhutton View Post
Whoever is making this decision doesn’t understand that “older” folks do not like change.

I wonder how much of the new system is focused on increasing ad revenue.

Brace for impact..

Don
According to the original poster that would be "John Doe"? ...hmmmm

'68 rs/SS 350 M-21 posi
numbers matching
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old Aug 10th, 19, 06:07 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Scott

Garage

Quote:
According to the original poster that would be "John Doe"? ...hmmmm
Isn't John Doe always the dead guy nobody knows?

68 302 M20 - 85 IROC Z
The older I get the faster I was.
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old Aug 10th, 19, 03:37 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Lee

Garage

The system you have now works perfect for me.

1969, X-11
383 5 speed, 373 rear
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old Aug 10th, 19, 05:03 PM
Senior Tech
Garth

Garage

About time! Can’t wait. Make sure pictures and videos are way easier to post please.
Niblet likes this.

1969 Camaro SS 350 LeMans Blue
2015 Z/28 - Red
1989 IROC-Z
2 x 1967 R/T
1977 Power Wagon
post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old Aug 10th, 19, 05:19 PM
Senior Tech
kevin

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69L48Z27 View Post
About time! Can’t wait. Make sure pictures and videos are way easier to post please.
never had a problem posting pictures using a hosting site.

I can see your garage picture and read your post. what's the problem with what we have now
post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old Aug 10th, 19, 06:25 PM
Tech Team
Harry

Thumbs down Re: We Are Moving!

Well the site has always worked for me. To quote my mentor: "If it ain't broke-don't fix it". Leave well enough alone
post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old Aug 10th, 19, 07:18 PM
Senior Tech
Garth

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by flat tire View Post
never had a problem posting pictures using a hosting site.

I can see your garage picture and read your post. what's the problem with what we have now
Hosting picture sites are how you ran a forum in 2001. I’m on several other sites, non-Autoguide, and none use hosting as primary picture attachment. Click upload and upload, all done. None of the back and forth coping links, etc. Look at all the threads that got orphaned when Photobucket pulled the ‘not free’ card. Also, this site feels like it needs to be driven from a PC. Site needs to be mobile ready, not an app.

Another good example is the ROTM thread. Instead of uploading a photo into the ROTM thread, we have hyperlinks to drive into other threads to see the pictures? I don’t have the time or the mental capacity to do that 10-15 times.

The traffic on this site has died off over the last two years and I don’t think it’s because of people’s age or information already being here, or the hobby dying.

The contrast I have is with build threads. I did one with hosting here a few years back and it was really time consuming to post pictures and write something in detail without crashing before I got it posted. And now, all my pictures are gone for any future reader, Photobucket. Last year I did a build thread for a 67 Dodge on ForBBodiesonly and it was a breeze. I could do everything from my iPad or phone with no hosting. That thread will live forever, or until the site blows up or the admin deletes it.

I like the site here and I check posts on a regular basis, it’s just time to come into 2020.
130fe and 350sshugger like this.

1969 Camaro SS 350 LeMans Blue
2015 Z/28 - Red
1989 IROC-Z
2 x 1967 R/T
1977 Power Wagon
post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old Aug 10th, 19, 07:21 PM
Team Member
Don

I doubt we are going to see an end to paid members only photos on this forum. It is part of their business model....

Don

1969 Camaro LSA 6L90E AME subframe and IRS
1969 Camaro vert LS3 4L65E Ridetech level 2 - sold
1959 El Camino project
1969 Mustang Sportsroof project

1956 Cameo project - C5 drivetrain
1957 Buick Caballero project
post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old Aug 11th, 19, 01:05 PM
Senior Tech
Joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by scblucam View Post
Isn't John Doe always the dead guy nobody knows?
Not necessarily, up here in Canada where we live in igloos John Doe can be someone who is slightly frozen.
jimnecci likes this.

Z282NV

1969 Camaro
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode