Bleeding Brakes - Page 3 - Team Camaro Tech
Camaros.net Site Help Discussion Website questions, comments, suggestions and tech help.

2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 42 (permalink) Old Feb 13th, 20, 09:40 PM
Team Member
Steve

Garage
Change all the rubber hoses if not changes in the last 10 years. I bet the rear is plugged tight

Steve
1968 that started life and a 6 banger with a PG. Now it's a 350 with a TKO600, Moser 12 bolt, Speedtech LCA/UCA, ATS Tall Spindles, Hotchkis Springs, Forgeline ZX3P, C5 (Kore3) brakes with other cool stuff from Ron Davis, Vintage Air and soon to be Terminator EFI.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 42 (permalink) Old Feb 14th, 20, 06:19 PM
Senior Tech
Joe

Re: Bleeding Brakes

Itís a matter of getting dirty and troubleshooting where you are and are not getting fluid. Or you can just throw parts at it until you get lucky.

67 RS/SS 350 4sp.
post #33 of 42 (permalink) Old Feb 14th, 20, 07:15 PM
Probationer
Mike

close rear bleeders and open front bleeders and push the pedal. That should work.

or

take off rear line at the proportioning valve. use something small and blunt and put it in the proportioning valve pushing the plunger back a little. Some fluid will come out. put rear line back on. Then gravity bleed both rears. Then after a while, bleed like normal.

post #34 of 42 (permalink) Old Feb 15th, 20, 11:34 AM Thread Starter
Apprentice

I got fluid down the proportioning valve under the drivers seat, having a difficult time getting the fittings off to check flow.
post #35 of 42 (permalink) Old Feb 15th, 20, 11:44 AM Thread Starter
Apprentice

The device is called a brake hold off valve mounted on the frame rail under the drivers seat. Does this device have any internal part that could fail and not allow fluid through it? Also I have no rubber hoses on my rear brakes, they are metal right into the drums.
post #36 of 42 (permalink) Old Feb 15th, 20, 11:55 AM
Senior Tech
Brian

Garage

Are you saying you cracked the line open on the front of the valve and got fluid and can not break it free to check if its coming out the rear of the valve? I don't know about the valve failing and what it may cause. There is a rubber hose for the back brakes. Basically just follow the metal line from the valve to the rear end. You will see it attaches to a splitter and from there the metal lines go to each rear wheel cylinder. You should be able to crack the line open at the splitter and check for fluid.
yellow69RS likes this.

69 Hugger Orange 396 M20 3:31
post #37 of 42 (permalink) Old Feb 15th, 20, 12:17 PM Thread Starter
Apprentice

I have fluid at the rear brake connection on the manifold under the MC, that line runs to the pressure regulator valve which is on the frame rail under the drivers seat. I canít break the connections to this device, I donít want to strip the nuts. Iím guessing this is the device not letting fluid by.
post #38 of 42 (permalink) Old Feb 15th, 20, 01:31 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Jeff

Send a message via Yahoo to yellow69RS

Go to the rear differential near the center. There is a rubber hose there with three places to crack the fittings and check for fluid pressure. If you can't crack the line into the rubber crack one of the two out of it. If no fluid comes out do what you have to do to either crack the fitting into the rubber or the end coming out of the valve under the drivers seat. You will have to repair the collateral damage no matter what the outcome.

Jeff

Last edited by yellow69RS; Feb 15th, 20 at 06:45 PM.
post #39 of 42 (permalink) Old Feb 15th, 20, 01:47 PM
Team Member
Steve

Garage
Make sure you’re using line wrenches.

Steve
1968 that started life and a 6 banger with a PG. Now it's a 350 with a TKO600, Moser 12 bolt, Speedtech LCA/UCA, ATS Tall Spindles, Hotchkis Springs, Forgeline ZX3P, C5 (Kore3) brakes with other cool stuff from Ron Davis, Vintage Air and soon to be Terminator EFI.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #40 of 42 (permalink) Old Feb 15th, 20, 02:27 PM Thread Starter
Apprentice

I am using line wrenches,
They are just tough to get loose
post #41 of 42 (permalink) Old Feb 15th, 20, 03:03 PM
Senior Tech
Joe

If you are getting fluid to the valve under seat and can not open the lines in the 3 way over diff or at either of the rear cylinders then you need to replace everything from the valve back.

67 RS/SS 350 4sp.
post #42 of 42 (permalink) Old Feb 15th, 20, 04:53 PM Thread Starter
Apprentice

No I have fluid from the distribution block to the rear brakes, the valve under the seat I cannot get the fittings out
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode