Camaro lost and found - Team Camaro Tech
Camaros.net Site Help Discussion Website questions, comments, suggestions and tech help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old Jul 1st, 05, 05:01 PM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Mr. Tibbs

Send a message via AIM to ChevyThunder
Camaro lost and found

I know I have brought this subject up before but I thought it would be good to revisit and get some in put.

The 63-67 Corvette registry has a lost and found where you can post info on specific cars. Simply looking for current owners or looking for previous owners. From there a VIN is posted with a link to the email of the individual inquiring.
This will be helpful for those looking for information on their cars, for those who like to reunite original documentation or parts with a specific car. I have a posting on the Corvette site and it has been there for a long time with no response . But the other posting I had there I did make contact and was able to give the original VIN and ID tags off my father 63 SW fulie to the new owner. So I know it does work.. currently I'm batting 500 .
Not being computer savvy I may not realize the amount of work it takes to put up such a link.. but I really think it is a great idea. Here is the link to the vette registry http://www.63-67corvette.com/ . Click on the side bar where it says "vette search" and check it out. Just an idea.

" Burn rubber not your Soul "
Camaro,Camaro,Camaro,Camaro
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old Jul 2nd, 05, 05:45 PM

Re: Camaro lost and found

The page that you posted the link for on the 'vette site is pretty cool. It would be interesting to know just how much activity is generated by those listings. I have been thinking of trying to track down the 69 Z that was my first car, so a site like that for Camaros would be a great way to start looking.

<a href="http://carsinbarns.com/bowtiesinbarns/pg21.html" target="_blank">http://carsinbarns.com/bowtiesinbarns/pg21.html</a>
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old Jul 5th, 05, 11:14 AM
Senior Tech
Dustin

I think it would be a great thing to do.
Unfortunately, how many previous owners will remember or have the VIN number from a car they owned 30 years ago?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old Jul 5th, 05, 05:18 PM
Senior Tech
Bill

When I get my web server up and running (I just moved... new IP address and such) I'll give it a shot. I've been looking for some type of Camaro-related thing to program these days.

Just wondering- what type of features would you like to have? Anyone know of any legal problems I might run into (VIN posting, etc?).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode