Please help with Identification of 1979 Camaro - Team Camaro Tech
Camaros.net Site Help Discussion Website questions, comments, suggestions and tech help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old Aug 5th, 05, 09:28 AM Thread Starter

Please help with Identification of 1979 Camaro

Hello,
many years ago I brought back a 1979 Camaro from Germany not knowing exactly what I had. I am looking for all information on exported camaros from the 1978-1981 era. Any and all information will be appreciated. How do I know I have an exported camaro you ask? Well My speedometer is in KMH, the tail lights are as follows from the drivers side, Amber left, Red center, Clear right. They both have original GM part numbers on them so I know they are real. I went to GM to try and order these but was told no longer available, of course. There is a VIN tag on the pass side fender well all in German. Then theres the normal stickers in the engine bay saying what type of tranny fluid etc to use in German. I have only seen one of these like mine on the interent only but could not contact the guy . So if any1 has any info or somewhere I can start looking what so ever please help me out so I can get my restoration started. If you want pics or numbers I can send them to you if it will help.
Thank You for any help and for reading this plea
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old Aug 5th, 05, 11:44 PM
Jeff

Re: Please help with Identification of 1979 Camaro

Aloha, I would like to see the German tags and the VIN/COWL tag on the car as well.

Might want to also stop in over here and ask the same questions as well.

http://www.nastyz28.com/

Best 2nd Gen Camaro site out there!!!!!!

Jeff
IF YOU DON'T STAND BEHIND OUR TROOPS,
PLEASE, FEEL FREE TO STAND IN FRONT OF THEM !!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old Aug 12th, 05, 12:12 PM Thread Starter

Ok I will have these pics (or try to ) posted here in acouple of days, if that doesnt work Ill email them to you.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old Aug 12th, 05, 01:31 PM
Retired
Jim

Post them in the TAG section Kanzaz, more folks with info. on tags will see it there. This is the section that deals with issues of the site working right or problems with the website itself. welcome to TC

Click..is Jim..former owner of a 69RS-LM1 350/255 - 700r
"There will come a time when you believe everything is finished,
That will be the beginning." Louis L'Amour
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode