Why cant i post pics - Team Camaro Tech
Camaros.net Site Help Discussion Website questions, comments, suggestions and tech help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old Oct 10th, 05, 01:02 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Craig

Why cant i post pics

I put this question in the test drive section maybe i should have put it here...
I, for the life of me cant get my pics to come up. I am using photobucket and hobbystage as my host site. I type in [IMG]paste the link of the pic here and end with [/IMG] Isnt that how you do it? For example:
http://photobucket.com/albums/v202/...t=firebird2.jpg
Doesnt work

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old Oct 10th, 05, 01:39 PM
RSS
Gold Lifetime Member
Rick

Re: Why cant i post pics

If you are using photobucket, they do all the work for you. Choose the pics you want to display and then click on "generate HTML". You then have 5 choices of how to display your photos. Highlight, then click and drag your selection from photobucket to your post on T/C and it should work. There may be other ways, but thats how I do it. Hope that helps.

Rick

It takes a fool or an idiot to first criticize! It takes a wise and intelligent man to first ask why!

1969 coupe under going restification (Almost Done!)
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old Oct 10th, 05, 01:56 PM
Al
Administrator
Al McKenzie

is there a ? mark in the link to the picture? a lot of software like our forum typically reject the ? or ! as hackers can try and use such codes to do evil deeds.

The link you post seems to be short a bunch of characters.

Al

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old Oct 11th, 05, 11:59 AM
Senior Tech

From PhotoBucket album select the photo you want to post here by checking the box,
you should see a green check mark.

Scroll to bottom of page and click on the Generate Html & Img code button.

A new window will pop up with various fields, I use the "IMG images for message boards" field or thumbnail field.

Highlight the text in that field, right click, copy.

Go to Camaro Tech thread you want to post in and paste what you copied from photo bucket. The text will appear, but when you click preview post, your image should appear.

Hope this helps.

Brian

69, 396, 12-Bolt, 4 speed. Restoring as SS clone. Used to be 307, auto, plain jane. Owned since 81.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old Oct 11th, 05, 01:22 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Scott

Watch for spaces. [img] xxxxxx is not ok, [img]xxxxxxx is ok.
You should be able to cut & paste the code right from photobucket.

You do see the IMG code under the pics, right? If not, in the options, make sure Display IMG is set to Yes.

Scott from NJ. Stay thirsty, my friends

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Feather-light suspension, Konis just couldn't hold
I'm so glad I took a look inside your showroom doors

TC Member #13
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode